NBC Sports Edge Forums

Championship Lineup Advice! (WHIR!)

Hey guys, 

I'm playing for the championship this week, and I just need your advice on my starting lineup.

QB1: Josh Allen

QB2: Mitch Trubisky

WR1: Tyreek Hill

RB1: Jonathan Taylor

FLEX: AJ Brown

BENCH: Antonio Gibson, Baker Mayfield, Russell Gage, Mike Davis

I'm playing Trubisky over Baker only because several Browns WRs/TEs will be out due to COVID-19, so obviously that hurts Baker.

The only thing I'm debating is Gibson. He's expected to play in a pretty good matchup vs. Panthers and must-win game for Washington. Would it be crazy to start Gibson over Taylor as my RB1 or over Brown as my FLEX?

NOTE: I left out certain spots like WR2, RB2 and TE because I've already started players that played on Friday and Saturday in those spots.

Thanks in advance and send me your links!

Edited by The Frayed Ends of Fantasy

Certainly have to consider Gibson if he starts as they need to win and Mclauren could be out. I wouldn't take AJ Brown out of the lineup thought. Think I'd chose between Taylor of Gibson if he ends up playing, if he does sounds like he could get a big workload vs what should be a very favorable match up. 

• Thanks 1

I don't think it would be crazy to start Gibson over Taylor.  Like you said, they are playing in a must-win game, might be playing with the lead against a Carolina team without stars or motivation, etc.  That said, Taylor is a fine start.  I don't really think you can go wrong.  I might be tempted to play Gibson too, though.

• Thanks 1