NBC Sports Edge Forums

Buy Low / Sell High 2020-2021 Season

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Suggestion: when throwing a name for Sell High/ Buy Low, could we suggest a player we would try to get/offer that Sell High/ Buy Low candidate? So we could get a relative value? I know we have di

Why the hostility?  Geez.  I am just stating facts.  People want the shiny new toys, not the older guys like Dragic or Blake Griffin.  Someone like Dragic is best to hang onto them until the wheels fa

Sell high Derozan (consistent top 30-40 player) for J. Murray who has never cracked top 50, not really selling high lol. 

2 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

Sell high: Dragic

id rather keep dragon and ride it out, after this years playoff run, i fully believe he can be a 6th man of the year even with 25-27mpg (and also jimmy might be out)

4 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

You mean like Blake Griffin, which starts out this thread? Gtfo my posts

Why the hostility?  Geez.  I am just stating facts.  People want the shiny new toys, not the older guys like Dragic or Blake Griffin.  Someone like Dragic is best to hang onto them until the wheels fall off, because no one will give you fair value.

• Like 5

Suggestion: when throwing a name for Sell High/ Buy Low, could we suggest a player we would try to get/offer that Sell High/ Buy Low candidate? So we could get a relative value?

I know we have different formats and all, but just a general ballpark would help a lot. :)

Something like:

Buy Low: Kelly Oubre for Garland, Burks, Keldon

Sell High: Demar Derozan for J. Murray, Ayton

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, SolariNatividad said:

Suggestion: when throwing a name for Sell High/ Buy Low, could we suggest a player we would try to get/offer that Sell High/ Buy Low candidate? So we could get a relative value?

I know we have different formats and all, but just a general ballpark would help a lot. :)

Something like:

So this can turn into a “rate this trade” thread?  Yeah no thx.. 

If I had any shares of MPJ I’d consider selling high for a slumping top-30 pick when he stuffs the stat sheet again, assuming it happens soon. 

All you have to do is go to page 1 of this message board.

Which players threads are popping because of a breakout game = the sell high candidates

The players threads that are blowing up with people complaining = the buy low candidates

Not saying you're going to get a king's ransom for your sell high candidate, nor are you going to get a buy low for pennies on the dollar. But in the case of the sell-high candidates -- again I stress the word "candidates" -- there's definitely interest. Meanwhile for the buy lows there is definitely some doubt -- even if it's only an iota, or if he/she denies it -- in the owner's mind.

There's a window of opportunity to make an aggressive play, that's all I'm saying.

Edited by My Dinner With Andre
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

All you have to do is go to page 1 of this message board.

Which players threads are popping because of a breakout game = the sell high candidates

The players threads that are blowing up with people complaining = the buy low candidates

Not saying you're going to get a king's ransom for your sell high candidate, nor are you going to get a buy low for pennies on the dollar. But in the case of the sell-high candidates -- again I stress the word "candidates" -- there's definitely interest. Meanwhile for the buy lows there is definitely some doubt -- even if it's only an iota, or if he/she denies it -- in the owner's mind.

There's a window of opportunity to make an aggressive play, that's all I'm saying.

This is 100% what I've been doing for years on this forum across all sports 😜.

I look over which players are the hot topics and find the people complaining, then send low ball trades for them in all leagues. Has like a 20%ish success rate haha.

5 hours ago, SolariNatividad said:

Something like:

Sell high Derozan (consistent top 30-40 player) for J. Murray who has never cracked top 50, not really selling high lol. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, falconish said:

Owners in my league are either too stingy or are smart enough to not trade for BG. It's low key annoying

The craftiest guy in our league has Blake and I KNOW for a fact that he's gonna scheme some poor unfortunate soul. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1