NBC Sports Edge Forums

Buy Low / Sell High 2020-2021 Season

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Suggestion: when throwing a name for Sell High/ Buy Low, could we suggest a player we would try to get/offer that Sell High/ Buy Low candidate? So we could get a relative value? I know we have di

Why the hostility?  Geez.  I am just stating facts.  People want the shiny new toys, not the older guys like Dragic or Blake Griffin.  Someone like Dragic is best to hang onto them until the wheels fa

Sell high Derozan (consistent top 30-40 player) for J. Murray who has never cracked top 50, not really selling high lol. 

7 hours ago, 80version said:

So this can turn into a “rate this trade” thread?  Yeah no thx.. 

If I had any shares of MPJ I’d consider selling high for a slumping top-30 pick when he stuffs the stat sheet again, assuming it happens soon. 

I mean, you do not have to name the player per se, but a gauge of what rank a player you would trade someone for, just like you did.:)

I have CJ McCollum on my squad this year and he has been unreal (currently ranked top 5) which obviously isn't sustainable. However, it looks like the Blazers have a new system where Dame is playing more of the ball and CJ is doing more distributing. If that system sticks, then CJ looks like a bonafide steal of the draft. But if they revert to old ways, then CJ is the epitome of a sell high where you could get a pretty fly guy in return. Not sure what to do myself.

• Like 1

I always liked Middleton but no way he sustains being a top 10 player in fantasy. Yahoo has him ranked #2. I feel like this is great sell high opportunity but not sure what you should be targeting. I doubt you can get a 1st round guy without adding someone. Maybe someone underperforming like Nurkic + 1? 

Well unfortunately for me, most of the guys I can think of as “buy low” are already rostered on my teams lol:

- Nurkic 

- Capela

- Draymond

- Bledsoe

- Noel 

Tbf I might have some “sell high” guys in Jarrett Allen and Keldon Johnson. Possibly even Markelle Fultz, although I think Fultz’s early production is easily sustainable 

1 hour ago, PUNTSQUAD said:

Well unfortunately for me, most of the guys I can think of as “buy low” are already rostered on my teams lol:

- Nurkic 

- Capela

- Draymond

- Bledsoe

- Noel 

Tbf I might have some “sell high” guys in Jarrett Allen and Keldon Johnson. Possibly even Markelle Fultz, although I think Fultz’s early production is easily sustainable 

why Noel?? Doesn’t get enough playing time?

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I’ve been offered Wood and Grant for Tatum and BroLo. Not sure how I feel about it. Is this him selling high on wood and grant or is this a nice deal for me

AC thread question

• Like 1
4 hours ago, andy1234 said:

I always liked Middleton but no way he sustains being a top 10 player in fantasy. Yahoo has him ranked #2. I feel like this is great sell high opportunity but not sure what you should be targeting. I doubt you can get a 1st round guy without adding someone. Maybe someone underperforming like Nurkic + 1? 

I’m not selling my Middleton shares, no chance.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Nica4two said:

How do you guys feel about Kyle Anderson as a sell high?

I have him and I know he's my best sell high candidate, but he's such a sneaky value guy to begin with that i'm willing to wait and see how he sustains it for at least the next 2-3 weeks before JJJ returns. Even then, he's a natural SF and i think BClarke gets hit harder. I'm too high on KA's ceiling now that he brought his game to completion by inexplicably adding a reliable jump shot

• Like 2
6 hours ago, lindown said:

Is whiteside a buy low target? In case he gets traded to contender 

Whiteside is not good at basketball. Why would a contender want him? He had to sign with the kings for the minimum. He sucks and is a bad locker room guy. 

6 hours ago, lindown said:

Is whiteside a buy low target? In case he gets traded to contender 

Whiteside is on the wire in most of my leagues and no one has touched him.

He won't get traded to a contender because he sucks in real life and no contender actually wants him lol 

Thinking about selling on Collin Sexton. Not sure he has much more upside than this and doesn’t offer much more than scoring. Still, don’t see a great match out there. Can’t bring myself to make the plunge on Nurkic and not sure the owner would even accept. 

1 minute ago, CuredMeats said:

Thinking about selling on Collin Sexton. Not sure he has much more upside than this and doesn’t offer much more than scoring. Still, don’t see a great match out there. Can’t bring myself to make the plunge on Nurkic and not sure the owner would even accept. 

Sexton's my other obvious sell high and I had this same thought process. He's exactly the kind of player who gets overvalued and he's currently near peak capacity. You could argue Garland regresses or (more likely) Love/Drummond get phased out and open up usage.. but right now Sexton could be sold for a struggling early rounder and that's worth examining

Edited by mattshhh

i traded my sexton for ja morant...dont know if you could qualify that as a sell high/buy low, but it got accepted lol

also was able to acquire KAT by trading off ayton/wiseman...injured stars value can technically be considered "low value" right?

Edited by runfast
4 minutes ago, runfast said:

i traded my sexton for ja morant...dont know if you could qualify that as a sell high/buy low, but it got accepted lol

also was able to acquire KAT by trading off ayton/wiseman...injured stars value can technically be considered "low value" right?

yeah those are both extreme sell high / buy lows from the perspective of their value heading into the season.. if you get Ja/KAT back at full capacity soon then you're in a good position to win your league, but could just as easily backfire. I think you won the Ja trade & lost the KAT one