NBC Sports Edge Forums

Buy Low / Sell High 2020-2021 Season

2 minutes ago, mattshhh said:

yeah those are both extreme sell high / buy lows from the perspective of their value heading into the season.. if you get Ja/KAT back at full capacity soon then you're in a good position to win your league, but could just as easily backfire. I think you won the Ja trade & lost the KAT one

Thanks for the input...

Yeah I think I have seen a rule "dont trade for injured stars", but i have not personally experienced that just yet...hope it doesnt actually happen lol

But yes, I saw it how you do, league winning moves. Ill have Harden and KAT on one team in a 12 teamer lol

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Suggestion: when throwing a name for Sell High/ Buy Low, could we suggest a player we would try to get/offer that Sell High/ Buy Low candidate? So we could get a relative value? I know we have di

Why the hostility?  Geez.  I am just stating facts.  People want the shiny new toys, not the older guys like Dragic or Blake Griffin.  Someone like Dragic is best to hang onto them until the wheels fa

Sell high Derozan (consistent top 30-40 player) for J. Murray who has never cracked top 50, not really selling high lol. 

4 minutes ago, dboong said:

Anyone have a current sell high and buy low list ?

Just browse the forums for the players that elicit the most complaints and the ones that are garnering the most hype.  

Complaints: Hasaan Whiteside, Kelly Oubre Jr,  Clint Capella, 

Michael Porter Jr: Doubt he has 1.5 blocks per game for long

Julius Randle: Won't average 7 assists 

Edited by Rotokilla

Mitchell is a still a buy low if you can get him on the cheap

CJ a sell high (top 40-50 guy is his usual ceiling and had a back injury in the bubble too people may have forgotten about) 

Sell high---Brogdon,he never avg >1 stl but he is avg 1.8 stl so far,also he is a little bit injury prone and I don't think he can maintain currently first round value

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, kane said:

Sell high---Brogdon,he never avg >1 stl but he is avg 1.8 stl so far,also he is a little bit injury prone and I don't think he can maintain currently first round value

i def dont see him averaging 23 for the season with these percentages but something along the line of a career year is pretty much a given...new coach (and a really good one at that) and a new system where hes got a new more prominent offensive role...i can see him and turner taking their game to another level (turner never looked this good and fluid on the offense tbh)...dipo also playing off ball a lot more then previously makes it that more obvious that hes in for a career season at age 28

9 hours ago, PaddyAustralia said:

did a classic sell high buy low, trae for cj mcollum and Holmes

trae just sold for wall and garland in one of my leagues. cant knock it now trae done **** with stocks and threes and high t/o, bad fg %

3 hours ago, kane said:

true but hes pretty consistent and good. no one going to give you an elite struggling 1st rder for him not even a 2nd rder like booker.

was trying to package lillard for brogdon and bam and didnt work. maybe also asking for turner for  t bryant swap was a bit aggressive ha

Edited by colepenhagen
1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

true but hes pretty consistent and good. no one going to give you an elite struggling 1st rder for him not even a 2nd rder like booker.

was trying to package lillard for brogdon and bam and didnt work. maybe also asking for turner for  t bryant swap was a bit aggressive ha

lol that better has been a dynasty league

1 hour ago, claptondecheeks said:

lol that better has been a dynasty league

lillard and bryant 4 brog bam and turner

redraft 12 team. offered early last week no luck

thought that was decent offer

On 1/3/2021 at 10:40 AM, runfast said:

Thanks for the input...

Yeah I think I have seen a rule "dont trade for injured stars", but i have not personally experienced that just yet...hope it doesnt actually happen lol

But yes, I saw it how you do, league winning moves. Ill have Harden and KAT on one team in a 12 teamer lol

I now have harden and KAT (via trade) on my team too. I actually think KATs but low window slammed shut after the return game, but there could still be a slither of an opportunity if an owner is paranoid about recurring injury.