Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Buy Low / Sell High 2020-2021 Season


23_gaby_23
 Share

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Meh. Maybe a bit but this is realistically who he is. The bubble REALLY inflated his value and made him hilariously overhyped. 

 

Exactly; Murray is a solid (and pretty efficient) 2nd offensive weapon on the Nuggets, but his game is a bit "empty" to take the next leap in terms of fantasy value. He already gives you solid %s, low TO (especially for his position), scores close to 20 ppg, and is solid in 3pm. His steal rate however is low (and always has been) and he doesn't offer many AST (and won't on this team since Jokic is the main playmaker). Those two things really limit him from climbing up to top 50 range. Only (realistic) way for him to take the next step in terms of fantasy value is to increase his 3PG to around 3.0 without a significant drop-off in FG%. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jamal is buy low candidate. His usage just goes up and down and I dont know whats the case here. He takes 20 shots one game and the next one he takes like 10 shots. Its not like Denver are stacked offensively. He needs to step up and take those shots in order for them to make the playoffs because Garry Harris, Barton and Morris are just too unconsistent. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, WFK said:

 

Exactly; Murray is a solid (and pretty efficient) 2nd offensive weapon on the Nuggets, but his game is a bit "empty" to take the next leap in terms of fantasy value. He already gives you solid %s, low TO (especially for his position), scores close to 20 ppg, and is solid in 3pm. His steal rate however is low (and always has been) and he doesn't offer many AST (and won't on this team since Jokic is the main playmaker). Those two things really limit him from climbing up to top 50 range. Only (realistic) way for him to take the next step in terms of fantasy value is to increase his 3PG to around 3.0 without a significant drop-off in FG%. 

Yeah or take 3 more shots or so per game but that also likely dips his FG%. His FG% is already at a career high. He’s currently on pace for the best season of his career especially when you factor in efficiency. It’s like people expected him to turn into an all star caliber player because he did good in a backyard environment. If not for the bubble no one would think he is a buy low because he wouldn’t go near as high and everyone would just know this is who he is.

Again, MAYBE and uptick in points? He could maybe average 22-23 but that would likely bring his FG% closer to 44%-45% and also likely puts his TOs over 2 per game. Considering his REB + AST combine for a terrible total of 7 and he doesn’t even average a STL per game the dude needs to be a 25+ PPG player to deliver on where some people drafted him. No chance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Totasef said:

Jamal is buy low candidate. His usage just goes up and down and I dont know whats the case here. He takes 20 shots one game and the next one he takes like 10 shots. Its not like Denver are stacked offensively. He needs to step up and take those shots in order for them to make the playoffs because Garry Harris, Barton and Morris are just too unconsistent. 

 

Yeah that's the thing. I find Jamal to be pretty inconsistent (maybe unreliable?) in terms of his scoring. His average gets a huge boost from some of his explosive games that come once every several games or so. Like he'll score 35-40, then 10-15 the next 3 games, etc. I'd rather have someone who's more consistent like Sexton who's almost a lock for 20-30 pts every game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

Ben Simmons a buy low or is he overrated for where he was drafted?

Yes. 

And yes. Ingram was always supposed to be the higher ceiling player and it is turning out to be the case. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Hes a dont buy. I dont like this knee injury, and i think going later into the season its going to affect him

What about in keeper/dynasty leagues? Any chance his injuries continue to be a problem and does he improve his shooting?

Edited by rasto21585
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, rasto21585 said:

What about in keeper/dynasty leagues? Any chance his injuries continue to be a problem and does he improve his shooting?

I have had him in a keeper league. The injuries maybe lowers his counting stats overall? 

With Simmons you are punting 3pt, FT%, and turnovers on top of injury. So the real problem is are you gonna build that way every year in a keeper league? If no one else does... Maybe OK. 

He might not be able to handle the schedule this year too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Marionfan said:

Westbrook.

 

Hard to imagine anyone selling Westbrook (low). Dudes a walking triple double on a team thats going to have a zillion second half games due to postponements. The injury doesn't seem serious, he's already back in action. I'd assume he would have to falter in his next 3-4 games before an owner would even consider the lingering injury and selling at a discount 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Westbrook is not exactly a "walking" trip dub especially since he is always hurt, sitting out back to back, and ROS DNP CD for tanking. He's gonna be a "sitting" trip dub almost as much as he "walks". I would not buy low on Westbrook and the owner probably won't give him unless he gets more than he is worth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Westbrook is not exactly a "walking" trip dub especially since he is always hurt, sitting out back to back, and ROS DNP CD for tanking. He's gonna be a "sitting" trip dub almost as much as he "walks". I would not buy low on Westbrook and the owner probably won't give him unless he gets more than he is worth.

I mean, he's triple doubled in 4 out of the 8 games he's played so far. And two of those (his last 2) that weren't trip doubs he was playing injured. Only TWO other players in the league have more triple doubles than him this year (Luka with 6 and Jokic with 5) and they've played more than double the amount of games. Good luck trying to buy low here. You'd have to either be a fool or seriously think his injury will plague the rest of his season to even consider it. 

Edited by Dirty Little Birdie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...