Naz Reid 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nasty NAZ in your area About to cause mass hysteria Yessir 

seeing ed davis recorded 0 minutes in these first two games, i dont think thats possible...Naz is def not going to replicate KATs presence but hes capable of handling the big minutes, he was pretty go

• tonycpsu changed the title to Naz Reid 2020-2021 Outlook
28 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Lol well just blew $12 on him, looks like that was a waste of money

Not so fast... a. The beat writer for the Wolves suggests due to struggles at PF pos. Naz could be seeing more time next to KAT and possibly start at PF...b. KAT is already hurt...yea he dodged one but its early...Naz is sneaky gooooood and his coach loves him... hold the gate...

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, dfstout said:

Not so fast... a. The beat writer for the Wolves suggests due to struggles at PF pos. Naz could be seeing more time next to KAT and possibly start at PF...b. KAT is already hurt...yea he dodged one but its early...Naz is sneaky gooooood and his coach loves him... hold the gate...

Hmm. Ok well I guess I'll hold for now

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Nasty NAZ in your area

About to cause mass hysteria

Yessir 

Solid reference. 

Went ahead and picked up Naz in both leagues where I dumped KAT into the IR, and a deeper league where I had a hole to patch up in my roster. 

Deep, deep leagues might want to take a look at Layman too.  

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, dont_panic said:

Don't think Naz is ready yet for the big show. It's going to be shared minutes for the bigs. 

seeing ed davis recorded 0 minutes in these first two games, i dont think thats possible...Naz is def not going to replicate KATs presence but hes capable of handling the big minutes, he was pretty good last season whenever he got a chance to start

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Tonight's line is about right. He can do 11/8 with potential 1-1-1.

I'm with you here. Watching him, and having him in a few leagues last year (as a frustrated KAT owner seeking a handcuff), he's not exactly a fantasy winner, but he should be decent for points, some boards, and random smatterings of stocks and treys.  FG% is actually not as good as one would hope, considering he often looks like he's trying to be like KAT with the shooting, but without the skill required to make enough of them.

I think he's a hot pickup, as usual, considering KAT's wrist is a concern and the Wolves won't risk yet another big injury to their superstar C, but expectations need to be kept in check. Naz is good, but I think I'd prefer someone like Boucher over him.

I also think Ed Davis and Juancho are gonna play some 5 as Layman moves up the depth chart.  Maybe not a ton, but perhaps enough to ensure Naz doesn't get past 30-32 minutes too often. I hope I'm wrong, of course, since I'm curious to see more Naz.  Also, why did they deal Dieng away again?

44 minutes ago, MWon said:

I'm with you here. Watching him, and having him in a few leagues last year (as a frustrated KAT owner seeking a handcuff), he's not exactly a fantasy winner, but he should be decent for points, some boards, and random smatterings of stocks and treys.  FG% is actually not as good as one would hope, considering he often looks like he's trying to be like KAT with the shooting, but without the skill required to make enough of them.

I think he's a hot pickup, as usual, considering KAT's wrist is a concern and the Wolves won't risk yet another big injury to their superstar C, but expectations need to be kept in check. Naz is good, but I think I'd prefer someone like Boucher over him.

I also think Ed Davis and Juancho are gonna play some 5 as Layman moves up the depth chart.  Maybe not a ton, but perhaps enough to ensure Naz doesn't get past 30-32 minutes too often. I hope I'm wrong, of course, since I'm curious to see more Naz.  Also, why did they deal Dieng away again?

I think anyone in this Universe would prefer Boucher over Naz.  They got rid of Dieng because they finally could. They were paying him too much. I agree I picked up Naz last year when Towns(whom I owned last year) went down and Naz pretty much did what you said stat wise. Looked fine tonight though. 

1 minute ago, Bugs bunny said:

I think anyone in this Universe would prefer Boucher over Naz.  They got rid of Dieng because they finally could. They were paying him too much. I agree I picked up Naz last year when Towns(whom I owned last year) went down and Naz pretty much did what you said stat wise. Looked fine tonight though. 

Yeah, that's what I thought (I vaguely recalled Dieng's contract being an albatross).  Still, if they had retooled it, he could've been quite the value for them.  I don't even know which team he's on now, lol. I do think Naz's slight advantage over Boucher is that we at least know Naz is very likely going to start and get about 25+ minutes as long as he stays out of foul trouble.  But yeah, Boucher's upside is through the roof; wish I owned him in more leagues.

8 hours ago, MWon said:

(reads line where Juancho and Layman might get more time) *vomits in throat a little*

we’ll def get a better glimpse of what he can in season 2 in these next few games against the clippers and wizards...

if he stops forcing things and let the game come to him, he might be a 16-8 guy for the time being

he’s a high motor guy whos still learning the game, i think he also needs the timbs to buy into him and develop him, he can be a nice handcuff if KAT forces his way out in the future

Edited by L3onD