NBC Sports Edge Forums

Lonnie Walker 2020-2021 Outlook

5 hours ago, affliction said:

He is looking pretty good definitely benefiting from Whites absence 

He was a starter with White in the lineup last bubble season. I could still see him start when White returns with Keldon getting 6th man minutes

image.png.03c1bbe24c778dce9c0fa3d01058989c.png

This was the 2nd to last game in the bubble last season. Replace Poeltl with LMA and I think that will be the starting lineup when White returns.

3 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

I think White replaces LaMarcus in the lineup personally

Or White coming back might help Aldridge. Or Poeltl comes off bench again. Murray, White, DeRozan, Keldon, Aldridge. With a stacked bench. Who knows with Pop. 

2 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Or White coming back might help Aldridge. Or Poeltl comes off bench again. Murray, White, DeRozan, Keldon, Aldridge. With a stacked bench. Who knows with Pop. 

Pops going with a small ball lineup because those are the teams that win, hell every team is doing a small ball lineup now. And if they don't win with it LMA is even less valuable to the team. Don't see how a guard coming back helps a 35 year old big man of yesteryear make a statement. 

2 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Pops going with a small ball lineup because those are the teams that win, hell every team is doing a small ball lineup now. And if they don't win with it LMA is even less valuable to the team. Don't see how a guard coming back helps a 35 year old big man of yesteryear make a statement. 

For sure. I agree with small ball theory.  You are right he’s most definitely getting old. It’s kinda sad watching players fade into the twilight. I will say I’m pretty content grabbing Capela over him in my draft at this point. 

• Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

I think White replaces LaMarcus in the lineup personally

How would that work out? They need LMA in the starting lineup because they need at least one big on the floor. IMO, it's Lonnie Walker that gets sent to the bench when White returns. Keldon is playing lights out and offers way more versatility than Lonnie. Once White is back to full speed, I could see Lonnie become more of a 6-man type of player as the Spurs still need shooting off the bench to compliment their other pieces in Rudy Gay and Patty Mills.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

On fire in the last 2 games. His 3 lowest scoring games are from 7-9 and has been in double digits every other game. Defensive stats for his position could be worse. He doesn't get a lot of attention but he is sneaky good for sure. ROS potential is there.