NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jarred Vanderbilt 2020-2021 Outlook

Hmm?  Gotta check all angles when a Superstar gets injured and leaves a void on a roster. Wolves have no chance now. Good news for Edwards going forward. So here we have Vanderbilt from Kentucky who has just tore up the G-league for quite awhile now. Could this finally be his opportunity? Who knows. It’s not like they have a lot of front court depth. Could be worth a flier. Went off tonight. Yes it was a blow out but anytime a player does that much damage in minimal minutes he needs to be watched. Can’t recall the last time a power forward came outta nowhere. Terrance Jones lol. Vanderbilt doesn’t have a lot of weight though. We’ll see. Could be worth a flier for deepers. 

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jarred is, and always has been one of the best rebounders in the nation. In college he was ranked #1 on the offensive boards and top 20 on the defensive boards. He's a monster rebounder, and here's Jo

When this salty weirdo shows up hatin...you know you got a decent ww pick up lol. Go write love letters to MCW bro. Leave us be with our bad players 

Austin, I'm not judging and we are in the wrong thread for this, but accepting RoCo for Vanderbilt is how you win at fantasy.

Posted Images

I remember the GM of Minny being very excited to get this guy. Will have to just monitor for now considering KAT is gone and their PF situation has been total trash with Layman and Juancho shuffling duties there.

• Like 1

I had him as one of my break out players before the season started. However, when you lose out to Juancho and Layman as a PF, its a bad look. 

Yesterday he finally got some run and even though he is a good rebounder and passer, he somehow looked totally out of place. He offers very little offense and didnt play a lot of team ball (although the ast numbers might indicate otherwise). I dont expext him to make much noise unless he takes a big leap in development.

46 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Why is it B.J Vanderbilt instead of Jared Vanderbilt?

😎 good question. I had a friend over while I was posting. Please fix mods lol oops 
-reminder to the kids out there. Multi tasking can sometimes bite you in the 

42 minutes ago, perkinsfor3 said:

I had him as one of my break out players before the season started. However, when you lose out to Juancho and Layman as a PF, its a bad look. 

Yesterday he finally got some run and even though he is a good rebounder and passer, he somehow looked totally out of place. He offers very little offense and didnt play a lot of team ball (although the ast numbers might indicate otherwise). I dont expext him to make much noise unless he takes a big leap in development.

Btw this doesnt only go for Vandy, but also for a dude like Culver: I really dont like the development the Wolves are showing. And a lot of that is on the team, which is allowing, maybe even forcing, younger players to do stuff they shouldnt and are probably not comfortable with. Look at the shots a developing scorer like Culver is taking. Look at how Vanderbilt is bringing the ball up at the wrong moments. I dont belive in Saunders as a coach.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, perkinsfor3 said:

It's not totally a waste yet, we're just 1 week into the season and neither Layman nor Juancho have shown that they deserve a bulk of the minutes at the 4. It is unsettling though that they still let RHJ go over these two (the guy is only 26).

• Like 1

So I just looked. They got nobody in Front-court on a two ways either. They also waived Rondae Hollis-Jefferson like a week ago or so. Maybe they bring him back. Idk. For now it looks like Vanderbilt a guy to watch or proactive flier. 
- just saying Jake Layman, Hernan? Really? 

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Like 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Jarred Vanderbilt 2020-2021 Outlook
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

He is better than Ed Davis, but played C so Towns will displace him in the future. That is if he gets reasonable minutes consistently.

Might play back up to Towns when he returns? He looked really good today

I only watched a few minutes right before half time where the wolves made it back from being down by 18.

This guy was really impressive on both ends of the court. He was all over the place. Came out of no where on help defensive to block a couple shots. 

2 AST, 2 BK, 11 PTS, 3 ST, 5 TRB in 23 minutes. 4 of 5 on FG's. The only bad was 3 of 7 on FT's.

If he plays like this, the Wolves have to find him minutes. They need his energy and his presence in the lane with the 3 point chuckers they have in the rest of the lineup.

It's only one game. But I  like the potential. And his skill set and energy should get Saunders attention. 

You category guys should love him if he can get minutes.

Look how active he is in this first clip. The FT for the night is bad but look at everything else...

And look at this sweet pass he handed to Edwards for the poster in the link below. How is Saunders not playing this guy over 20mpg??? Over Layman and Juancho???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THEiwbEu1Og

Edited by tazdingo

Typical rotoworld forums hype guy with a lot of sizzle, but thin on the meat. Lets go through his deficiencies:

- Very lanky and thin for C position

- Cant shoot for his life to play SF or PF, no 3 point shot what so ever, no jump shot what so ever

- Exposed on the defense with positioning issues

- Gets bullied down low

- Mediocre rebounding 

- Cant hit a free throw

- Turns the ball over a lot

He does generate energy and defensive stats and is well built for 10-15 minute role off the bench or cleaning up garbage minutes or doing a desperate "lets try to get back in the game 20 down making every imaginable hustle play".

I don't know about the previous posters but I'm not looking to fantasy marry the guy. I'm just scrounging for 2-3 weeks of stocks I normally wouldn't have. If it turns out that we start fantasy dating cool, but I'll settle for a fantasy fling as Saunders throws poop against the wall trying to get a W.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Typical rotoworld forums hype guy with a lot of sizzle, but thin on the meat. Lets go through his deficiencies:

- Cant shoot for his life to play SF or PF, no 3 point shot what so ever, no jump shot what so ever

- Gets bullied down low

- Mediocre rebounding 

- Cant hit a free throw

He does generate energy and defensive stats and is well built for 10-15 minute role off the bench or cleaning up garbage minutes or doing a desperate "lets try to get back in the game 20 down making every imaginable hustle play".

It's funny because you could have said almost the exact same things about sophomore Giannis a few years ago.. I'm not saying Vanderbilt will become a stud, but he's young and can improve if he gets the chance to play.

Before this season he only played 120 minutes of NBA basketball over 32 games (less than 4mpg!!) no **** he has bad positioning and turns the ball over a lot. Those things can only improve with playing time and experience. Shooting will probably take more time, we'll see 

12 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

Yeah right? I went to Toronto boards and it is a **** show towards Boucher. The dude has been hands down best player on the front court thus far, but he only gets shitted on. Laughable. 

"Jarred Vanderbilt is Very lanky and thin for C position" but posts twice a day propping up Chris ******** Boucher. You sir, are a fraud and represent everything what makes these boards laughable as a source of info/input. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, JormaJormala said:

- Gets bullied down low

- Mediocre rebounding 

- Cant hit a free throw

They had Culver playing the 4. 

Sure, he rebounded well against underdeveloped kids in the church gym. Let see him do it on a back-to-back game against NBA size front court on a gloomy Tuesday night.

Ep8RcSHWMAQwHKn.jpg

4 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Sure, he rebounded well against underdeveloped kids in the church gym. Let see him do it on a back-to-back game against NBA size front court on a gloomy Tuesday night.

Yeah, you're talking nonsese. You might need to start reading and stop posting around here. 

• Haha 1