NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jarred Vanderbilt 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jarred is, and always has been one of the best rebounders in the nation. In college he was ranked #1 on the offensive boards and top 20 on the defensive boards. He's a monster rebounder, and here's Jo

When this salty weirdo shows up hatin...you know you got a decent ww pick up lol. Go write love letters to MCW bro. Leave us be with our bad players 

Austin, I'm not judging and we are in the wrong thread for this, but accepting RoCo for Vanderbilt is how you win at fantasy.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

OT, but agreed, you gotta insta-accept that trade offer.

Depends on your scoring system.  But Vanderbilt has been putting his stats up in about 18 min per game. Covington has been getting 30 min.

If they start getting close to the same minutes, I'd much rather have Vanderbilt going forward in a points league.

Edited by rabaak
13 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Austin, I'm not judging and we are in the wrong thread for this, but accepting RoCo for Vanderbilt is how you win at fantasy.

Possibly but id be open to revisiting this in a few months down the line. Haha. I have no hope for Covington. 

• Haha 1

I finally got to watch this fellow for a full game, and now I understand the wide disparity in views.

He is halfway between "plays with reckless abandon" and "plays like a chicken with his head cut off."

With his intensity/chaos, he has the ability to rapidly accumulate stats. He went from a terrible line to multiple stocks in about 5 minutes. 

BUT, his coach doesn't trust him, and he could very easily slip back into irrelevance. They played a 10 man rotation, and are just all over the place. Layman is still in the rotation, and even played alongside this guy for a stretch. 

I really dunno if he has value. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

He happily only needs to play a tad over 20 minutes to have value. The lack of any offensive threat obviously can cap his minutes. Although the alternatives have not been playing too well either. The Spanish guy sucks hard. Layman had some traction last season before his toe injury, but has seem like afterthought on the court thus far this season. Culver at PF did not work out either. Jaden McDaniels? If they go full rebuild mode.

2 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

BUT, his coach doesn't trust him, and he could very easily slip back into irrelevance. They played a 10 man rotation, and are just all over the place. Layman is still in the rotation, and even played alongside this guy for a stretch. 

What means trust? Earlier Saunders said that Vanderbilt has earned PT. And he has gotten it, regardless of KAT playing or not. He has carved out a nice +20 minutes role and even starting which is some kind of a testament to the trust Saunders has on him. Has he said one negative thing about our boy Jarred so far? Or is trust measured by over/under 30 minutes per game meter in rotoworld forums?

But yeah, Minnesota is losing games which means everything is on the table other than Russell, KAT and maybe Beasley playing significant minutes.

• Like 1
On 1/27/2021 at 12:28 AM, JormaJormala said:

IM IN.

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

VANDERBILT.jpg

I could swear you jinxed him just by changing your tune on him... 

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

What means trust? Earlier Saunders said that Vanderbilt has earned PT. And he has gotten it, regardless of KAT playing or not. He has carved out a nice +20 minutes role and even starting which is some kind of a testament to the trust Saunders has on him. Has he said one negative thing about our boy Jarred so far? Or is trust measured by over/under 30 minutes per game meter in rotoworld forums?

But yeah, Minnesota is losing games which means everything is on the table other than Russell, KAT and maybe Beasley playing significant minutes.

First it was a bum who can’t out rebound anybody besides Ymcaa bums now it’s “our boy”

Your favoritism towards players  currently on YOUR roster is disgusting lol. Learn how to play fantasy without bias.

Edited by IDatDude
  • Like 3
12 hours ago, sickrookie said:

I think Juancho’s return will diminish his value. For now, just enjoy the ride while it lasts. 

Hard to say since he wasn't their full time starter before. He started some games but he was also getting close to 0 mins before too in some games as the coach was experimenting. He said its hard to take Vanderbilt off the floor so I'm bullish that he'll continue starting and playing his usual 24 mins per game. 

When I say the coach doesn't trust him, what I mean is the gameflow. Vanderbilt was jerked around for playing time and taken out of the game at weird times. Look at the gameflow. He gets moved around for, among others, Layman, Reid, and McDaniels. He is removed at the end of both the half, and the end of the game. 

To me, that says the coach doesn't trust Vanderbilt to close games. It wasn't foul trouble. For a better example of minutes, see how Kerr did it. Even juggling Wiseman from the bench, he had a clean rotation where players knew their roles. 

I mean it could also work out. Let's say maybe last night coach was trying to figure out something that could work. Trying to get a bit more offense in there. When KAT and DAR come back, they will have good offensive weapons, and then maybe Vanderbilt can just go out there for his motor and get stocks. 

I do love his hands, and motor. He reminds me of one of my all-time faves, Gerald Wallace, aka "Crash."

For those who want to go deep, there's a really great breakdown here: https://www.canishoopus.com/2021/1/28/22251903/timberwolves-film-room-jarred-vanderbilt-and-negating-weaknesses-2021

Screen-Shot-2021-01-28-at-11_25.55-AM.gif.8a96940c5b212b9124b37bdc771cac09.gif

• Like 5
2 hours ago, IDatDude said:

First it was a bum who can’t out rebound anybody besides Ymcaa bums now it’s “our boy”

Your favoritism towards players  currently on YOUR roster is disgusting lol. Learn how to play fantasy without bias.

tenor.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ehhh either his coach hates him personally, his coach thinks he sucks, or he actually sucks, but either way I don't think he's going to be a long term hold. McDaniels getting 24 minutes, 21 minutes for Layman, KAT Naz and Juancho all missing, and he only plays 23 minutes. He's a tantalizing fantasy prospect and i'll hold a bit longer but definitely not a must hold player for me.

• Like 1

I don't think tonight's rotation matters much for his long-term value. They had to start Davis, then put Vanderbilt into backup C minutes with Reid out too. He was jerked around for playing time, but they didn't have much of a choice.

We still have no idea what will happen when KAT returns. Their choices to play alongside KAT at PF are Vandy, Layman, and Juancho. Juancho has had his shot, and has been pretty awful. Layman would be another awful choice. Reid is a backup C.

Vandy has shown out with the minutes he has received. I've come around to the idea Vandy is the ONLY logical choice. (But... I still don't trust that coach to make the right choice....)

• Like 2