NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jarred Vanderbilt 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jarred is, and always has been one of the best rebounders in the nation. In college he was ranked #1 on the offensive boards and top 20 on the defensive boards. He's a monster rebounder, and here's Jo

When this salty weirdo shows up hatin...you know you got a decent ww pick up lol. Go write love letters to MCW bro. Leave us be with our bad players 

Austin, I'm not judging and we are in the wrong thread for this, but accepting RoCo for Vanderbilt is how you win at fantasy.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Quazza said:

noticed he started. This going to be a semi regular thing with Beas suspended?

Yeah he’s been starting. Has 14 starts total.  I think he’s started like the last 10. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Yeah he’s been starting. Has 14 starts total.  I think he’s started like the last 10. 

Mins were certainly up last game. Hopefully stays that way

4 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

So two games under the new coach, one dud (foul trouble?) and one gem.... what are we expecting tonight against the wizards? 

I have tempered my expectations. Something like 24 pts on 8/10 shooting (8/8 from the line), 12 boards 2 assist 2 steals 6 blocks

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, markdash said:

I have tempered my expectations. Something like 24 pts on 8/10 shooting (8/8 from the line), 12 boards 2 assist 2 steals 6 blocks

Idk you might’ve tempered them a little too much with that projection 

12 minutes ago, rocky7st said:

Worth an add but his 1 game next week has me trying to hold off until his game on the 3rd

If you can hold off until then, do so. I feel like his upside his higher than anyone you're gonna find on the waiver wire. I was heavily contemplating picking up Patty Mills for his 2 games on Monday or Wednesday, but ultimately went with Jarred since his upside is so great.

10 minutes ago, In Spades said:

If you can hold off until then, do so. I feel like his upside his higher than anyone you're gonna find on the waiver wire. I was heavily contemplating picking up Patty Mills for his 2 games on Monday or Wednesday, but ultimately went with Jarred since his upside is so great.

Yea I'm not sure he'll last till then with this line now. I got no choice in one comp as I've burnt my adds so just have to pray no one is looking.

48 minutes ago, chickennuggets said:

Strong line tonight but I'm not sold on the fit offensively with KAT. This guy just clogs up the lane. Love the fit on defense but if he can start shooting some corner threes, it would really help his value in fantasy and irl. Let's see what happens.

I hear you, but between Vandy and McD, you have to lean Vandy at this point. He can be taught to space the floor I guess. The important thing is Finch is continuing to start and give him decent minutes. 

8 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I hear you, but between Vandy and McD, you have to lean Vandy at this point. He can be taught to space the floor I guess. The important thing is Finch is continuing to start and give him decent minutes. 

Agreed on all these points.  Strictly from a numbers standpoint he looked pretty good, but it's a bit disconcerting that Finch chose not to play him in the 4th quarter.  Watching a chunk of the game, he does pose a bit of a logjam in the paint, most of his offense is based around clean-up, and those hands of his can be pretty slippery.  Luckily he plays a b2b so let us see how much run he gets tomorrah.  

Just now, Nica4two said:

Agreed on all these points.  Strictly from a numbers standpoint he looked pretty good, but it's a bit disconcerting that Finch chose not to play him in the 4th quarter.  Watching a chunk of the game, he does pose a bit of a logjam in the paint, most of his offense is based around clean-up, and those hands of his can be pretty slippery.  Luckily he plays a b2b so let us see how much run he gets tomorrah.  

If the game was much closer, I think he would have played in the 4th. The issue was the reserves killed the game for them late in the 3rd quarter and since they needed offense to get back into the game, Vanderbilt was not needed and they rolled with Okogie and Nowell instead.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, FantasyMamba said:

How does Vanderbilt compare as a ROS streamer compared to someone like Pat Williams? 

Better option currently. Finch is playing him a decent amount of minutes (assuming the game is competitive)

Pat WIlliams minutes should go down once Markannen comes back.