NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jarred Vanderbilt 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jarred is, and always has been one of the best rebounders in the nation. In college he was ranked #1 on the offensive boards and top 20 on the defensive boards. He's a monster rebounder, and here's Jo

Austin, I'm not judging and we are in the wrong thread for this, but accepting RoCo for Vanderbilt is how you win at fantasy.

When this salty weirdo shows up hatin...you know you got a decent ww pick up lol. Go write love letters to MCW bro. Leave us be with our bad players 

Posted Images

Thaddeus Young-esque line here.  KAT at least in the protocols until at least mid-next week, he'd have to hold of Juancho who may or may not be out for a game more.  If he could hold him off and keep the starting spot when KAT gets back he may be able to bring the hype train back.  

Blocks and PF/C eligiblity would be nice but high efficiency with steals and rebounds has a place in fantasy.  

Edited by Crazycanto

People were jumping off the hype train before seeing how it plays out?  That’s like paying for a good movie and walking out before its over.  

• Like 1

I think it's his job to lose. The wolves are going nowhere fast and their PFs aren't good haha. Juancho has been disappointing and Layman was a healthy scratch today. Saunders said it was hard to take him off the floor. He's a worker which only betters his outlook. 

Taking a flier on him, worried abt the FT% but i'm desperate to find another PF that can get stocks on my team like Boucher, a bit far fetched but i'll take the chance on his upside.

He might be scoring challenged. I don't think I've seen him take a shot that was not within 5 feet of the basket. I also can't remember him putting the ball on the floor and slashing to the basket either. So he shoots 47% on FT and needs put backs/lobs to score.

Looked at his one year at Kentucky and he was 29 FG on 68 FGA. 24 Ft out of 38 Att. 

I like his energy and defense.  I haven't seen enough of him to now if he is a good passer. Looks like he had 14 assists in 14 games in college.

He does have skills that the rest of the Wolves do not. So he should get playing time with a team that can't rebound or play defense.

19 hours ago, Austin_Rivers said:

I think it's his job to lose. The wolves are going nowhere fast and their PFs aren't good haha. Juancho has been disappointing and Layman was a healthy scratch today. Saunders said it was hard to take him off the floor. He's a worker which only betters his outlook. 

What's the situation for the wolves right now? is he behind both juancho and layman? also what happens when KAT returns?

17 minutes ago, rabaak said:

He might be scoring challenged. I don't think I've seen him take a shot that was not within 5 feet of the basket. I also can't remember him putting the ball on the floor and slashing to the basket either. So he shoots 47% on FT and needs put backs/lobs to score.

Looked at his one year at Kentucky and he was 29 FG on 68 FGA. 24 Ft out of 38 Att. 

I like his energy and defense.  I haven't seen enough of him to now if he is a good passer. Looks like he had 14 assists in 14 games in college.

He does have skills that the rest of the Wolves do not. So he should get playing time with a team that can't rebound or play defense.

Yeah he is definitely scoring challenged no one is gonna argue with you on that. 

I mean the Wolves are said to be interested in PJ Tucker because they need defense... if they don’t get him then Vando is probably a solid fit next to KAT, because he can offer defense and KAT can still stretch the floor. 

I would give it a week and see what happens.

28 minutes ago, XNW said:

Do you think he's a long term add potentially?

Possibly the perfect storm to take a flier and find out this wk. 3 more games for second half of the week. Starting center and PF is out, even when healthy...Juancho doesn’t rebound for them or play defense, two things he can help with.

Has 1-2 weeks window to audition for rest of season starting gig. If he can avoid playing piss poor and a future PJ Tucker trade, I think there’s a shot at long term value. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

Possibly the perfect storm to take a flier and find out this wk. 3 more games for second half of the week. Starting center and PF is out, even when healthy...Juancho doesn’t rebound for them or play defense, two things he can help with.

Has 1-2 weeks window to audition for rest of season starting gig. If he can avoid playing piss poor and a future PJ Tucker trade, I think there’s a shot at long term value. 

if he had a new baby then questions is already moot and academic!

• Haha 1

I don't think they will give up much for Tucker. They probably want to tank if they keep sucking this year.

Their pick is top 3 protected in 2021 and they have a 3-9 record.  No matter how they try to pretend they can make the playoffs, this team sucks and their number 1 pick Anthony Edward's, who they were "targeting", sucks. I don't think the magic bullet is finding a defensive 4 to push them into contention. 

Play Vanderbilt so you can at least see if you have anything good from the 10 forwards you have on the team, cause the other forwards are confirmed garbage. 

• Like 1
On 1/19/2021 at 1:27 PM, rabaak said:

11 minutes ago, chickennuggets said:

He is extremely offensively limited. At best, I think he'll be a defensive stats streamer. 

I mean, let’s just put all the cards on the table: His average distance per field goal attempt this year is 1.6 feet — only ahead of DeAndre, MitchRob and Ed Davis — so yea, his offensive game is pretty limited.