NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jarred Vanderbilt 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jarred is, and always has been one of the best rebounders in the nation. In college he was ranked #1 on the offensive boards and top 20 on the defensive boards. He's a monster rebounder, and here's Jo

Austin, I'm not judging and we are in the wrong thread for this, but accepting RoCo for Vanderbilt is how you win at fantasy.

When this salty weirdo shows up hatin...you know you got a decent ww pick up lol. Go write love letters to MCW bro. Leave us be with our bad players 

Posted Images

Yeah hopefully a little soul searching and just play for another day. He’s going off next game I’m calling it!!

There was a lot of blame to go around for that loss. Sure Vanderbilt missed 2 free throws. 

The only guys that played well were McLaughlin, Reid and McDaniels.  Beasley, Russell and Edwards deserve as much blame for losing that game as Vanderbilt.

McDaniels was really impressive to me.  Smooth shot, no turnovers, 3 blocks, 12 pts, 8reb, 1stl in 26 min. You roto guys will love this guy if he can keep this up.

2 minutes ago, rabaak said:

McDaniels was really impressive to me.  Smooth shot, no turnovers, 3 blocks, 12 pts, 8reb, 1stl in 26 min. You roto guys will love this guy if he can keep this up.

i'm just praying no one puts up an outlook thread for him. I've had my eye on him for a bit and was hoping to see how the minutes shake up for him when this teams completely healthy

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, indigorivers said:

i'm just praying no one puts up an outlook thread for him. I've had my eye on him for a bit and was hoping to see how the minutes shake up for him when this teams completely healthy

Let's talk about him secretly here... There's some questions about his work ethics and competitiveness though. You know anything about that? Dropped his draft value. 

3 hours ago, indigorivers said:

2 hours ago, rob0403 said:

Let's talk about him secretly here... There's some questions about his work ethics and competitiveness though. You know anything about that? Dropped his draft value. 

He's honestly looked just as impressive as Vanderbilt in terms of explosiveness as well but looks like a slightly better offensive player admittedly.  Lakers fans were supposedly excited to see the team draft him only to realize they didn't get to keep that pick (but they also get rabid over almost every pick they make).

But yes, let's admire from here. 🤣

• Like 1
6 hours ago, tazdingo said:

He's honestly looked just as impressive as Vanderbilt in terms of explosiveness as well but looks like a slightly better offensive player admittedly.  Lakers fans were supposedly excited to see the team draft him only to realize they didn't get to keep that pick (but they also get rabid over almost every pick they make).

But yes, let's admire from here. 🤣

3 blocks, 1 stl,  last night and no TO's. The other thing I liked is that he was set to shoot when he got a pass. Plus the confidence to quickly catch and shoot.

This guy is an easy drop in 12 teamers. No offensive game at this point, not a good rebounder, he can only really be a positive in steals/blocks. looks like he is also terrible at ft's. No one will add him unless you are in a 14 + teamer. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, richg24 said:

This guy is an easy drop in 12 teamers. No offensive game at this point, not a good rebounder, he can only really be a positive in steals/blocks. looks like he is also terrible at ft's. No one will add him unless you are in a 14 + teamer. 

De’Aaron Fox: Jarred Vanderbilt is ‘the best rebounder I’ve ever seen’

I'm gonna side with Fox on this one.

Man the Wolves threw some Jade on Jared last night. That sucked. Their frontcourt is a cluster. No thanks for now. I have a mancrush on this kid's game, but it just ain't time yet.

6 hours ago, rabaak said:

3 blocks, 1 stl,  last night and no TO's. The other thing I liked is that he was set to shoot when he got a pass. Plus the confidence to quickly catch and shoot.

He was 83rd percentile on catch and shoot. If he can play without fouling, that's big. Might have something to prove after falling in the draft.

As for Vanderbilt, he's not the answer. And costing them that game may have lost his coach's confidence.

The wolves have the youngest team in the NBA. So i think there is going to be a lot of experimentation with lineups and rotations. The one factor is that Saunders is trying to develop and win at the same time. He might not be coaching for long if this team doesn't start jelling and improving. I think the Wolves brought in Ed Davis and Rubio as vets who might help educate the young guys on how to play in the NBA

Right now there are nights I have to turn the Wolves TV broadcast off as I can't watch.  And then there are other times when they have good ball movement and some semblance of defense that gives you hope they will turn the corner. Last night we saw both sides. They were awful most of the 3 and 4th quarters.

From what I have seen, McDaniels looks further ahead in his basketball development than Edwards. But then again Edwards is 0nly 19 years old. (McDaniels is just 20) (Vanderbilt is 21). 

It will be interesting to see what the Wolves lineup/rotations look like in March. 

Vanderbilt gets the first crack at the rotation because he is defensive and been in the league for 2 years. That also means he has no offense and not good enough to crack the rotation until now... where a team has to figure out he is good or not. 

Edwards... I really think he's a bust. Like even if he got on a team where he is the starter and a main contributor, he'd be shooting mid 30% and burying his team into the ground. Yeah he's young... whatever, I think he doesn't have the basketball sense. Even if they go small though Edwards will not be a PF. At most a SF.

McDaniels, I think chances are very slim. If he got something vs the Hawks, then it's gonna get interesting.

Hernangomez and Layman might find themselves out of the league soon already. After their ridiculous contracts are done.