NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jarred Vanderbilt 2020-2021 Outlook

1 hour ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I’ve seen some Dennis Rodman comps thrown around. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves — not saying Vanderbilt’s going to be a HOF — but I can see the similarities.

Those FTs tho...

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jarred is, and always has been one of the best rebounders in the nation. In college he was ranked #1 on the offensive boards and top 20 on the defensive boards. He's a monster rebounder, and here's Jo

When this salty weirdo shows up hatin...you know you got a decent ww pick up lol. Go write love letters to MCW bro. Leave us be with our bad players 

Austin, I'm not judging and we are in the wrong thread for this, but accepting RoCo for Vanderbilt is how you win at fantasy.

Posted Images

I just love his motor and knack for good positioning on the offensive end, which leads to passes for open layups or offensive rebounds.  Haven't seen much of him defensively but it seems like he also positions himself effectively there to have a big impact as well.  Stats could be a grab bag, but his motor and instinct will hopefully continue to keep him on the floor and allow him to be productive on the boards and with the stocks.

Hopefully he continues to finish his shots at the rim and doesn't see the FT line too much though.

30 minutes ago, indigorivers said:

Played with absolutely no Discipline that first stint. Love the motor, but what's going on with the coach. How could you let this guy play so recklessly? Does he not see this stuff in practice?

That's what I saw too.  It was awkward watching him not rotating, blowing defensive assignments, etc.  Was waiting for the hook from the coach

Edited by summersoff7
10 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

This cat out there losing the game single-handedly. SMH

And now bleeding...SOFT!

wtf do u mean soft. He got into all of the action and snatched the rebound. U expect his skin to be steel? smh

Edited by bealforthewin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

So many people trippin' on this thread.  I'm liking what I see of Vandy on the whole.  Sure, a bit raw and chaotic at times, but he's always moving and is a PEST on defense; and I love how he's always running to the hoop on offense to collect, get a pass, or clean up (Mitch Robb's arch nemesis).  The fans seem to like him a lot as well (although I know that has no bearing on what the coach does).  Who knows if he sticks in the starting lineup when the team is healthy, but if he does I think KAT'S presence will make him even better. floor-spacing-wise  And he got a rebound that went unrecorded because Dray's hard foul.  Not the strongest stash but an intriguing one mos def.

• Like 1

Im just saying... He cost them the game. Multiple bonehead plays and had major problems with Steph. Gave him 3 threes in transition and switches. Low IQ, has to drive the coach mad.

17 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Im just saying... He cost them the game. Multiple bonehead plays and had major problems with Steph. Gave him 3 threes in transition and switches. Low IQ, has to drive the coach mad.

Interesting. From what I’ve read people are always talking about how he has a real high basketball IQ.  But what do people know. 

24 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Do you sincerely believe he cost them the game?  No, Warriors being a superior team and Curry being a cold blooded 3-point assassin cost them the game.

• Like 1

Look... It seems not many of you have balled even at the lowest level. This is coming from a guy who has. After merited semi-pro playing career I went to play rec league. The team was utter garbage when I arrived. Dropped two seasons worth of 15/5/10ast and it got us only mid of the standings. Had to take over as a player-coach. Recruited few cats, made everyone to know their roles and made in-game adjustments. We now Top4 and competing for championship every year.

There is a role for a vanderbilt like guys in a team. Just not a big role. Energy off the bench here and there. No hate, just how it is.

Edited by JormaJormala
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Look... It seems not many of you have balled even at the lowest level. This is coming from a guy who has. After merited semi-pro playing career I went to play rec league. The team was utter garbage when I arrived. Dropped two seasons worth of 15/5/10ast and it got us only mid of the standings. Had to take over as a player-coach. Recruited few cats, made everyone to know their roles and made in-game adjustments. We now Top4 and competing for championship every year.

There is a role for a vanderbilt like guys in a team. Just not a big role. Energy off the bench here and there. No hate, just how it is.

LOL, can I pick you up in my league? I can use a 15/5/10 line. What's your defense like?

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Bruh, what. This is such a troll comment, talking about a rec league LOL 

• Haha 5
5 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Not one of his best moments.

To be fair what was #20 doing?  I guess he should've looked to realize he wasn't there and he just assumed he was, as opposed to just spacing out and leaving Curry open.

Edit: I guess #20 figured Vanderbilt had him and he was rotating.  Either way when you're the closest to Curry like that you can't just fall off of him, you're right.

Edited by CharlesCC2
4 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

I hear what you're saying. I really do. But here, we don't play basketball. We play fantasy basketball.

We love guys like Ricky Davis that one year. Or Crazy Eyes last season. Or Rodrigue Beaubois.

These are our legends. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was kicking myself for dropping this guy in my 14 team and he cleared waivers today. I grabbed him ASAP at 12:06 am. I was shocked to see no one waivered him. One guy told me he wasn't worth a #9 waiver. This guy has some juicy upside/potential playing on a losing team with no PF depth. I would have used my own waiver even if if was #1 to get him back 😂

• Like 1