NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jarred Vanderbilt 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jarred is, and always has been one of the best rebounders in the nation. In college he was ranked #1 on the offensive boards and top 20 on the defensive boards. He's a monster rebounder, and here's Jo

Austin, I'm not judging and we are in the wrong thread for this, but accepting RoCo for Vanderbilt is how you win at fantasy.

When this salty weirdo shows up hatin...you know you got a decent ww pick up lol. Go write love letters to MCW bro. Leave us be with our bad players 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, thusanaysayer said:

Is he still starting when KAT eventually returns?

Vanderbilt is a SF/PF. His main competition is Juancho and Layman( whos been bumped from the rotation already) i mean the wolves are losing every game. Its not like Juancho is gonna be their savior haha. Vanderbilts season outlook is looking better by the day. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Akauders said:

Why is he not PF eligible?? In their bulbs yahoo always mentions that he might be a new starting PF, but still in fantasy he is just a SF🤷‍♂️

Many fantasy sites have a set number of games started at the position before granting eligibility. You can always message Yahoo with a valid reasoning and they will update (I've done it in the past).

8 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

I've jumped on the guy on my 14-team leagues and some standards. Those stocks are gorgeous. Anyone already taking him at 10-teams?

I have him in a 10-teamer, I gutted my team in a trade for AD tho haha

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, JohnnyTsunami said:

I have him in a 10-teamer, I gutted my team in a trade for AD tho haha

Also scouting my league for 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 trades since I have Fournier sitting on IL. I really don't mind this guy scoring low as long as he keeps his rebound up, high single digits maybe, and keep them stocks coming. Low FT on low volume is no issue for me. 

• Like 1

Picked him up a few games ago for the stocks, he hasn't disappointed - everything else he gives me is a cherry on top.

He isn't the most high IQ defender, but he is the most active guy I have seen in the league this year.  Sprinting up and down, diving for every loose ball, crashing the glass.  All those things are good for us in fantasy, sometimes they lead to him being way out of position.  

They attacked him with Steph PnR last night pretty hard, Steph lit him up a few times in crunch time.  We will see if that continues, I don't want to put too much stock into Steph lighting him up when he has done that to everyone.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MrBuffet said:

Picked him up a few games ago for the stocks, he hasn't disappointed - everything else he gives me is a cherry on top.

He isn't the most high IQ defender, but he is the most active guy I have seen in the league this year.  Sprinting up and down, diving for every loose ball, crashing the glass.  All those things are good for us in fantasy, sometimes they lead to him being way out of position.  

They attacked him with Steph PnR last night pretty hard, Steph lit him up a few times in crunch time.  We will see if that continues, I don't want to put too much stock into Steph lighting him up when he has done that to everyone.

Yeah Steph lit him up specifically down the stretch. Vanderbilt is not that bad on guards but I think Steph had a mental read on him and knew where he could get his shot. 

Overall we know he is not the highest IQ player but he will get his stats when he is out there. 

The real risk is do they want to play this guy cause they might get some wins with limited upside. Or do they want to tank and just give higher potential guys run. They will also have to allot huge minutes to Towns (Edward's and Russ) to keep the stars happy. 

1 hour ago, JormaJormala said:

IM IN.

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

VANDERBILT.jpg

20 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

Yeah...player bash the kid...until he’s on your team....🤡🤡🤡

Lol he's some sort of weird 4D fantasy and hoping his leaguemates are reading this forum  🤣

Complete 🤡

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, ellejamil said:

I've jumped on the guy on my 14-team leagues and some standards. Those stocks are gorgeous. Anyone already taking him at 10-teams?

I can vouch for a 12 teamer but it's a deep one that plays more like a 14. He is coming on strong and anyone who has a bench spot in a 10 can pick him up if they don't need guaranteed production. He has been on and off my team but will probably stick from here out. 

12 minutes ago, rando said:

I can vouch for a 12 teamer but it's a deep one that plays more like a 14. He is coming on strong and anyone who has a bench spot in a 10 can pick him up if they don't need guaranteed production. He has been on and off my team but will probably stick from here out. 

I'm looking at him for a possible stream for my 10 teamer. Wish the mins were a big higher

17 minutes ago, rando said:

Did a 2 for 1 trade in my 8 team(don’t judge, due to lack of interest in friend group) hoping to scoop him up once it processed. Literally five minutes after I got the “accepted trade... go vote etc” email I see that he got scooped up.

Luckily I like the trade I did(won’t say to avoid this being AC like) without this hidden gem waiting. But ya just figured I’d add this onto ^ since I saw the low % and figured I was good for a few more days.

Edited by jgardner12

I love this thread.

One third of the comments: “So much energy and hustle, love it”

One third: “Extremely low basketball IQ, pass.”

One third: “Yea well hustle and basketball IQ don’t matter ‘cause Vanderbilt is going to need counseling after getting lit up and abused by Steph last night”

😂

• Haha 2
23 hours ago, Austin_Rivers said:

I was kicking myself for dropping this guy in my 14 team and he cleared waivers today. I grabbed him ASAP at 12:06 am. I was shocked to see no one waivered him. One guy told me he wasn't worth a #9 waiver. This guy has some juicy upside/potential playing on a losing team with no PF depth. I would have used my own waiver even if if was #1 to get him back 😂

Just wanted to add on to this. The same dude that mentioned the waiver comment. I offered Vanderbilt for Covington prior to dropping him the first time and he rejected. Now today he's offering Covington for Vanderbilt and I happily emphatically rejected it 😂

• Like 2