NBC Sports Edge Forums

Robert Williams 2020-2021 Outlook

What's up with the big situation in Boston?  I noticed some prognosticators really pushed him up in their rankings and looking at the highlights from last nights game, he seems to be in the best shape I've ever seen him in.  Really moving.  How about a block on a closeout at the top of the 3pt line?

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He has the perfect schedule this week to stream/take a flier. Plays mid wk b2b and 4 total games this wk on empty nights. If it doesn’t work out in the 4 games this wk, enjoy the blocks for your match

GIVE THIS GUY SOME DECENT F UCKING PLAYIN TIME BRAD STEVENS URE SUCHA F UCKING A SSHOLE

The DimeLord 

Posted Images

I cant trust his minutes but I'd rather 11 of his minutes than noel. 

I was going to grab him last year before the league got shut down he had a string of 3 block games that impressed me.

I tried to listen to some post games to get a grip of what people were saying, but all I could get is that he might fit the team better atleast while kembas out. 

Not sure what that meant but hey he's on my roster now.

• Like 1

I think he is in line for at least 20 minutes per game. Should be enough to be rosterable in 12 team leagues. Also has massive upside if Stevens elects to unleash him later in the season. Add now and watch what happens. He gives me Mitch Robinson 2018-19 vibes. 

• Like 1

Had to pick him up. He has a chance to be a league-winner, or at the very least, a category winner if he gets 20 minutes a game consistently.

- Brad Stevens loves his defense.

- Daniel Theis has SUCKED through 3 games. The key statistic is that Theis had fouls last night and still only played 13 or so minutes.

- The Celtics are 1-2, and should be 0-3 had it not been for a lucky a** banked 3PM by Tatum.

Bottom Line: Williams could easily give you 2-3 Stocks a game if he's given 18-20 minutes consistently.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Had to pick him up. He has a chance to be a league-winner, or at the very least, a category winner if he gets 20 minutes a game consistently.

- Brad Stevens loves his defense.

- Daniel Theis has SUCKED through 3 games. The key statistic is that Theis had fouls last night and still only played 13 or so minutes.

- The Celtics are 1-2, and should be 0-3 had it not been for a lucky a** banked 3PM by Tatum.

Bottom Line: Williams could easily give you 2-3 Stocks a game if he's given 18-20 minutes consistently.

Alright damn you got me, i added him 

1 hour ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

Williams closed out the game yesterday too.

Very intriguing. 

Thank you, was just gonna ask this! 

Also it seems like theis is playing the 4 now too since he can somewhat shoot the 3.

If thats the case when kemba comes back he will only have Tristan Thompson in front of him who isn't the best at staying healthy and robert williams upside is way higher!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, xlosingmyedgex said:

Got impatient with BroLo and dropped him for Williams. I may regret it, but sometimes you just gotta be bold.

I can't tell if you're that high on Williams or that low on BroLo, but in either case BroLo could not have been the most expendable player on your roster?  

2 minutes ago, 80version said:

I can't tell if you're that high on Williams or that low on BroLo, but in either case BroLo could not have been the most expendable player on your roster?  

Somewhere between the two. After the numbers he's put up at the start of the season, I don't expect people to be jumping on BroLo on the waiver wire (I could be completely wrong on this), so I figured I'd take a flier. There's a strong chance it was the wrong move. 

21 minutes ago, xlosingmyedgex said:

Somewhere between the two. After the numbers he's put up at the start of the season, I don't expect people to be jumping on BroLo on the waiver wire (I could be completely wrong on this), so I figured I'd take a flier. There's a strong chance it was the wrong move. 

lol, your sig says you've got Nance, Josh Jackson, Seth Curry, Culver, and Josh Hart on your team.

Probably dropping any / all of them before BroLo personally.

I think you're gonna be in for a tough season my guy.

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

“Brad Stevens hinted on Monday that he's considering changing his Daniel Theis-Tristan Thompson starting frontcourt.”

Any chance Time Lord can use last nights performance and carve out a more consistent role moving forward? TT and Theis have been underwhelming and Williams could legitimately be top 5 in blocks IF he can get 25mpg.  

1 minute ago, Supersonics said:

“Brad Stevens hinted on Monday that he's considering changing his Daniel Theis-Tristan Thompson starting frontcourt.”

Any chance Time Lord can use last nights performance and carve out a more consistent role moving forward? TT and Theis have been underwhelming and Williams could legitimately be top 5 in blocks IF he can get 25mpg.  

Fingers crossed. 

I totally blew it banking on Piece of Trash Nerlens Noel late in drafts.  I need to compensate for those 300+ beautiful stonks I was going to enjoy and laugh at all of my league mates about.

9 minutes ago, Supersonics said:

Got a source for that quote? Not that I'm skeptical, just curious.