NBC Sports Edge Forums

Robert Williams 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He has the perfect schedule this week to stream/take a flier. Plays mid wk b2b and 4 total games this wk on empty nights. If it doesn’t work out in the 4 games this wk, enjoy the blocks for your match

GIVE THIS GUY SOME DECENT F UCKING PLAYIN TIME BRAD STEVENS URE SUCHA F UCKING A SSHOLE

The DimeLord 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

So how does everyone perceive his ROS outlook at this point?  Just a streamer from here on out or more minutes and duties as the season unfolds?

Top 100 on the year with monster upside if given 20+ minutes. Streaming seems risky. I think he's gotta be owned and held. Brad Stevens said today, they "need him to be able to play higher minutes as the season gets later." 

• Like 1

Mouse Stevens is one of the most overrated coaches in the league. The one more incompetent in Ryan Saunders just got released. Maybe Mouse should be next...?

• Thanks 1

On board, at some point Celtics have to realize they're not good enough as is and roll out something else. People say he makes bad decisions i mean hes a young player getting 15 min how is he supposed to learn and develop with such low minutes?

• Like 4

I've read that the main reason they are keeping his minutes low is because he has problems with his hip and they are trying to keep him healthy for playoffs. He also has a condition with the arteries in his legs that could require surgery if it gets worse. Stevens has said that they want him to peak in minutes "late" in the season whenever that is. As nice as it would be to see him play 20-25 minutes consistently I don't know if we will see it until closer to playoffs.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, XOB said:

I've read that the main reason they are keeping his minutes low is because he has problems with his hip and they are trying to keep him healthy for playoffs. He also has a condition with the arteries in his legs that could require surgery if it gets worse. Stevens has said that they want him to peak in minutes "late" in the season whenever that is. As nice as it would be to see him play 20-25 minutes consistently I don't know if we will see it until closer to playoffs.

By that logic , as soon as his minutes increase in the playoffs he'll get injured. They need to just let the kid play already with a little load management obviously 

26 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Your boy Jormala is in this bandwagon. Just picked him off the waiver auction. LESSGOOOOOOOO!!!!

You a troll I don’t care what train you’re on. You get on my nervous dawg 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sooner or later hes gonna command that starting spot - its pretty evident that he can crash the boards like tristan, is evolving offensively and is much younger plus he has the potential to be a defensive player candidate of the year

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Flamez said:

You a troll I don’t care what train you’re on. You get on my nervous dawg 

Why? Do not hate the player, hate the game.

Is there ANY obstacle preventing Rob Williams to get to 20+ minutes per game? Does he have defensive lapses, is he still injured? Was it not the hip that kept him out for extended period last time? With edema in the bone. Is this the same ailment?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Why? Do not hate the player, hate the game.

Is there ANY obstacle preventing Rob Williams to get to 20+ minutes per game? Does he have defensive lapses, is he still injured? Was it not the hip that kept him out for extended period last time? With edema in the bone. Is this the same ailment?

It definitely doesn't show in his game.. dude went for a lob pass last game and i think it measured rob catching the lob at 12 foot.. he had a nice shot block from the 3pt line.. dude has a freakishly high vertical.. im sure that comes with tons of risk.. look at blake griffin. 

• Like 2

Brad Stevens said he wants Robert Williams to "peak in minutes" late in the season.

“I think as the season progresses ... we need him to be able to play higher minutes as the season gets later," Stevens said. "And so right now, I guess you would call that managing [Williams’ playing time] appropriately." Williams is already helping fantasy managers in a mere 15.4 minutes per game, thanks to 72.5% shooting with 5.7 rebounds, 1.4 blocks and 1.0 steals. Those numbers are his floor and Stevens' quote suggests he'll be peaking just in time for fantasy playoffs, so don't hesitate to add him if he's still available in your category leagues.

sasYES.png

• Like 1