Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Robert Williams 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He has the perfect schedule this week to stream/take a flier. Plays mid wk b2b and 4 total games this wk on empty nights. If it doesn’t work out in the 4 games this wk, enjoy the blocks for your match

GIVE THIS GUY SOME DECENT F UCKING PLAYIN TIME BRAD STEVENS URE SUCHA F UCKING A SSHOLE

The DimeLord 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, 80version said:

Ojele starting in TT’s place. Sigh... 

It's about the minutes and production, not starting or coming off the bench. Let's wait to see how it goes before we start doom and glooming. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, xlosingmyedgex said:

It's about the minutes and production, not starting or coming off the bench. Let's wait to see how it goes before we start doom and glooming. 

I just think this man has earned a start, that’s all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

hmm.. on pace for only 16 min even with TT out. I think Brad is trying to preserve him for the b2b game tomorrow.. perhaps being too cute with his minutes. 

Can't wait to see that fcuk fired 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Can't wait to see that fcuk fired 

The fact that they’re basically operating at a middle of the pack team, in the East, while having 2 All Stars, shows you that something is wrong there. And as much as I might have been a fan of Brad Stevens in terms of how he got the best out of young guys or underrated guys, I don’t know if he’s the guy who can take those young guys who have now become stars and translate that to the next level.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

The fact that they’re basically operating at a middle of the pack team, in the East, while having 2 All Stars, shows you that something is wrong there. And as much as I might have been a fan of Brad Stevens in terms of how he got the best out of young guys or underrated guys, I don’t know if he’s the guy who can take those young guys who have now become stars and translate that to the next level.

Brad is nothing without Hayward. They miss him badly but to have a stud young big and not fully unleash him is fireable. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing expecting different results 

Link to post
Share on other sites

After the game, Stevens was asked about Williams’ limited minutes. In the past, Stevens has said the Celtics hope to preserve their bouncy center’s occasionally balky hip for later in the season. On Sunday, Stevens once again noted how difficult the compressed schedule might be for Williams’ health.

“I just think we can make it so that he can play more, and more and more as the season goes on,” Stevens said. “Again, the density of the games and his history, especially last year, we’re just being conservative. But he’s getting a lot better. You can see that. And he’s able to play a little bit longer stints than he has in the past, because he plays really hard when he’s out there. So that’s all encouraging.”

For his part, however, Williams says his hip is feeling significantly better.

“To be honest, obviously I want as many minutes as I can get,” Williams said.

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2021/03/15/celtics-robert-williams-wants-minutes

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Brad is nothing without Hayward. They miss him badly but to have a stud young big and not fully unleash him is fireable. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing expecting different results 


It’s insane to you because you only care about Robert Williams stats. While the team is concerned with Robert Williams health. They’re taking pre caution with him and ramping up his minutes slowly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, EsTiLO said:


It’s insane to you because you only care about Robert Williams stats. While the team is concerned with Robert Williams health. They’re taking pre caution with him and ramping up his minutes slowly. 

The guy is clearly healthy and has said he's good. I'll trust his word over your opinion but thanks for stopping by 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

The guy is clearly healthy and has said he's good. I'll trust his word over your opinion but thanks for stopping by 


The same way Kd said he was good to go during the finals against the Raptors right ? Players will always say they’re ready to go. It’s important to acknowledge what the team says about his health.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EsTiLO said:


It’s insane to you because you only care about Robert Williams stats. While the team is concerned with Robert Williams health. They’re taking pre caution with him and ramping up his minutes slowly. 

I agree, also just noticed that it was the first game of a b2b, so I'll take 22 minutes of playing time all day. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the game, and the mins thing was weird. 

I think he only played 8 mins in the first half. The Celtics weren't doing him any favors early on, as they were trying to do the lobs to him, but everyone on the court knew what was coming and resulted in TO's.

Increased mins in the 2nd half, and it was good to see him playing crunch time mins at the end. Seemed they were doing some offense/defense switching between him and Theis as well (Theis had a great game last night).

Will be interesting how tonight plays out against Cle. Cavs got some size up front (Allen, Nance, McGee) and they're also playing in the 2nd game of a B2B

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, EsTiLO said:


The same way Kd said he was good to go during the finals against the Raptors right ? Players will always say they’re ready to go. It’s important to acknowledge what the team says about his health.

You are comparing a superstar in the finals to a regular season game lol smh 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since it's the second night of a B2B, I'm expecting a whopping 12 minutes.  

Kidding aside, I hope he played limited minutes yesterday so his PT gets bumped up today.  I mean, giving that many minutes to Grant Williams and Ojeleye-hoo is ridiculous.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...