NBC Sports Edge Forums

Robert Williams 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He has the perfect schedule this week to stream/take a flier. Plays mid wk b2b and 4 total games this wk on empty nights. If it doesn’t work out in the 4 games this wk, enjoy the blocks for your match

GIVE THIS GUY SOME DECENT F UCKING PLAYIN TIME BRAD STEVENS URE SUCHA F UCKING A SSHOLE

The DimeLord 

Posted Images

He was available in my league and I thought about him, but didn't take. The question is should I regret it? Of course it is more an assistant coach forum question (and now late also), but should I pick Robert Williams, when I lead in my league by huge margin at rebounds and narrowly second place in blocks and I have already Collins, Capela and Holmes? My tactics have always been balanced stats and though I fail often to do it, right now I thought that one more big man doesn't help me basically.

1 hour ago, apatas said:

He was available in my league and I thought about him, but didn't take. The question is should I regret it? Of course it is more an assistant coach forum question (and now late also), but should I pick Robert Williams, when I lead in my league by huge margin at rebounds and narrowly second place in blocks and I have already Collins, Capela and Holmes? My tactics have always been balanced stats and though I fail often to do it, right now I thought that one more big man doesn't help me basically.

I guess it always comes down to the drop you're going to make as well. If he doesn't fit a need on your roster, then don't do it. But he's be #13 ranked player in my league settings (9 cat with DD) for the past 15 games. That's something you can't ignore

6 hours ago, apatas said:

He's a hot name right now and quite frankly surprised that he's still available in your league (if thats what you're saying). I would just pick him up and ask questions later. At the very least, he fits your build with other blockers, can get some steals and dish a little as well so he's not hurting you at all. I would imagine that he's better than your worst player. You can always try to parlay his value into someone else (maybe try to trade for a guy with top 60-70 value) that you think might fit your team better. 

8 hours ago, ellejamil said:

How nervous are you guys that BOS might be buyers for a big man in the next week or so? 

7 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Not nervous. I have faith.

BOS need him to play 20 mins at least.

I agree with this as well.  He is going to play 20 mins at least the rest of the way.  Even if they were to reacquire Al Horford for example, they would probably send back as part of the deal either Thompson or Theis.  Or they would just separately trade Thompson somewhere else or just release him.  One thing I know for certain is that they will not add a big man without at least getting rid of one.  And as they have already done before, they will play two big men at once at times whomever they get (Horford, LMA, etc).

So bottom line is he may never start this year, but he doesn't need to.  He is going to get at least 20 mins.  They see how beneficial he is.  And that is all he needs.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, sharkpotato said:

He's a hot name right now and quite frankly surprised that he's still available in your league (if thats what you're saying). I would just pick him up and ask questions later. At the very least, he fits your build with other blockers, can get some steals and dish a little as well so he's not hurting you at all. I would imagine that he's better than your worst player. You can always try to parlay his value into someone else (maybe try to trade for a guy with top 60-70 value) that you think might fit your team better. 

He WAS available about 2 weeks ago, not now.

I know this ain’t ac forum but I got offered Rob will and Covington for my wood and I’m considering that shiiii. That’s how good this kid is 

Edited by Flamez
  • Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Flamez said:

I know this ain’t ac forum but I got offered Rob will and Covington for my wood and I’m considering that shiiii. That’s how good this kid is 

I’ve almost deemed him off limits in trade talks in my league. Only half-joking.

thompson out tomorrow too. Leggo 

1 hour ago, DoctorLove said:

I’ve almost deemed him off limits in trade talks in my league. Only half-joking.

thompson out tomorrow too. Leggo 

Ya thing is that I’m punting points and assists so it makes sense for me to do. Just burns though cause I could’ve had him for free but I chose poetl instead. Rob will gonna be on a lot of championship teams. A LOT 

35 minutes ago, Flamez said:

Ya thing is that I’m punting points and assists so it makes sense for me to do. Just burns though cause I could’ve had him for free but I chose poetl instead. Rob will gonna be on a lot of championship teams. A LOT 

Nothing wrong with Poeltl. If anything, Poeltl is more reliable. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Nothing wrong with Poeltl. If anything, Poeltl is more reliable. 

As wise Boris the Bullet Dodger would say:
in this case heavy is Robert Williams the III :D 
CXUJnGIWMAASI4k?format=jpg&name=small