NBC Sports Edge Forums

Robert Williams 2020-2021 Outlook

20 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

I’ve almost deemed him off limits in trade talks in my league. Only half-joking.

thompson out tomorrow too. Leggo 

Yes I agree Rob Will looks so good right now.  If you don't need pts, 3s, and reb I would take the trade.  but Wood can average 2 blks 1 stl a game.  Rob Will maybe 2 stl 3 blk as a ceiling.

If it's a 14, 16 teamer I would take it ~ but really on the fence

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He has the perfect schedule this week to stream/take a flier. Plays mid wk b2b and 4 total games this wk on empty nights. If it doesn’t work out in the 4 games this wk, enjoy the blocks for your match

GIVE THIS GUY SOME DECENT F UCKING PLAYIN TIME BRAD STEVENS URE SUCHA F UCKING A SSHOLE

The DimeLord 

Posted Images

There is a lot of riff-raff on the Tweeter today about Brad Stevens possibly leaving for the Indiana job.  Surely a new coach fully unleashes Time Lord, right?!  RIGHT?!

Note:  I don't think Brad's heading to Indiana... just dreaming about Time Lord getting 30 mpg.

1 hour ago, DoctorLove said:

There is a lot of riff-raff on the Tweeter today about Brad Stevens possibly leaving for the Indiana job.  Surely a new coach fully unleashes Time Lord, right?!  RIGHT?!

Note:  I don't think Brad's heading to Indiana... just dreaming about Time Lord getting 30 mpg.

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2021/03/celtics-brad-stevens-reaffirms-hes-not-considering-the-indiana-coaching-job-im-a-44-year-old-masshole.html

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Brown_Mamba said:

Ok so any takes on why theyre losing with Thompson sitting out? This doesnt look good on Rob Will tho if they keep losing

Tatum 6/16 and -11

Kemba 6/18 and -12 

Jaylen 8/20 and -8

With shooting like that from your best 3 offensive options, there is simply no way this loss "doesn't look good on Rob Will".  The team collectively is in a rut and they better figure it out soon, Robert Williams is great but he's no savior. At some point the max/near max guys need to play like it consistently 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, justaguy said:

Tatum 6/16 and -11

Kemba 6/18 and -12 

Jaylen 8/20 and -8

With shooting like that from your best 3 offensive options, there is simply no way this loss "doesn't look good on Rob Will".  The team collectively is in a rut and they better figure it out soon, Robert Williams is great but he's no savior. At some point the max/near max guys need to play like it consistently 

Yeah I checked the +/- too and most of the team are -. Just scared a bit since I havent watched their past couple of games and I just know that TT was out and theyre losing. I was hoping they get good games and wins while TT is out to solidify RWil more 

1 hour ago, Brown_Mamba said:

Not looking good

Lol wat?

Since February 24th he's had only 3 games (counting this one) where his production was iffy.  Every single other game he was lights out.  If you have him and are even contemplating for one second dropping him, I need an invite to your league if it's a money league

• Thanks 2
55 minutes ago, sld12 said:

Lol wat?

Since February 24th he's had only 3 games (counting this one) where his production was iffy.  Every single other game he was lights out.  If you have him and are even contemplating for one second dropping him, I need an invite to your league if it's a money league

Lol this guy went nuts. Calm yo f tit s no ones dropping Time lord. And sure come to our league next year so you can maybe learn some

• Haha 2

At first I am sorry because I live in Europe and has not seen recently Celtics games (one channel shows NBA games but our time is night then), but before you criticize coach, look at +/- category. These numbers I can see...

30 minutes ago, apatas said:

At first I am sorry because I live in Europe and has not seen recently Celtics games (one channel shows NBA games but our time is night then), but before you criticize coach, look at +/- category. These numbers I can see...

Stupidest category in NBA. It's a team sport one guy can be awesome and his mates trash and he'll be a negative. Start him beside Tatum, Brown and Smart and he'll be a plus all day long 

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Stupidest category in NBA. It's a team sport one guy can be awesome and his mates trash and he'll be a negative. Start him beside Tatum, Brown and Smart and he'll be a plus all day long 

Yes, during one or two games. But +/- average during season is quite remarkable stat. Of course I don't know about Robert Williams, I just noticed that in last game which Boston won, he had -14.

5 hours ago, outherebrother said:

What’s the go with RW and the coach holding him back to protect him. Has he had bad injuries in the past??

Apparently a hip issue. He looks bouncy and full of energy so who knows. I'd say it's more Stevens being obsessed with Theis and TT

• Thanks 1

His energy is on and off at times, i think that Brad has a short leash on him and the mistakes outweigh the rewards. Brad all season has not given him heavy minutes because i  feel they believe RW is a liability to his own self on the court due to his athletic abilities. It would make no sense if they ran him to the ground w no home court advantage. He can def get lazy and take plays off, where as Theis does go hard every play but cant afford playing him too much mins. During the Utah game RW took a random spill and hit the ground like a wet fish, i thought he broke his hip, even Tatum looked at him and didnt inbound the ball. 

16 minutes ago, CityBaller8 said:

His energy is on and off at times, i think that Brad has a short leash on him and the mistakes outweigh the rewards. Brad all season has not given him heavy minutes because i  feel they believe RW is a liability to his own self on the court due to his athletic abilities. It would make no sense if they ran him to the ground w no home court advantage. He can def get lazy and take plays off, where as Theis does go hard every play but cant afford playing him too much mins. During the Utah game RW took a random spill and hit the ground like a wet fish, i thought he broke his hip, even Tatum looked at him and didnt inbound the ball. 

He's young you have to have a long not short leash. He barely gets a chance to show what he can do and almost never see him with Boston's stars