NBC Sports Edge Forums

Robert Williams 2020-2021 Outlook

22 hours ago, Sixersfan740 said:

Picked him up and held him since the day I started this thread.  He's really a great player, it's hard to understand why he didn't get more playing time earlier in the season.

Yeah even the Celtics inside reporters and fans didn't understand why he didn't play more earlier in the season.

(clips are from Feb)

Good news is he's up to 27+ minutes in his last 5 games. (4W-1L) 3 blowouts (11.8 points/10 boards/4.6 assists/1.4 stls/2.6 blks)

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He has the perfect schedule this week to stream/take a flier. Plays mid wk b2b and 4 total games this wk on empty nights. If it doesn’t work out in the 4 games this wk, enjoy the blocks for your match

GIVE THIS GUY SOME DECENT F UCKING PLAYIN TIME BRAD STEVENS URE SUCHA F UCKING A SSHOLE

The DimeLord 

Posted Images

Just now, sharkpotato said:

3 fouls already in the first quarter. yuck.

Of course man the refs suck off Philly every damn game. This league has become unwatchable it's so soft 

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Of course man the refs suck off Philly every damn game. This league has become unwatchable it's so soft 

He can't handle embiid lol. He just ain't there yet. 

Ugh, I expected him to struggle against Embiid ... Just a little bump in the road, ain't worried.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, MWon said:

Ugh, I expected him to struggle against Embiid ... Just a little bump in the road, ain't worried.

Same here ... Hopefully a big bounce back tomorrow

• Like 1
8 hours ago, squidthunder said:

Same here ... Hopefully a big bounce back tomorrow

Eh, he's against the Knicks, and comparing Noel's game to Embiid's is like comparing Andre Roberson to Curry (well, I'm exaggerating, but yeah).  I highly doubt Time Lord gets even close to fouling out.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, MWon said:

Eh, he's against the Knicks, and comparing Noel's game to Embiid's is like comparing Andre Roberson to Curry (well, I'm exaggerating, but yeah).  I highly doubt Time Lord gets even close to fouling out.

Who on that team is going to guard Randle then ? 

I think TT is supposed to be back tonight. Not sure if he jumps back into the starting role, but gives the C's a bit more flexibility with the front court rotations

2 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

I think TT is supposed to be back tonight. Not sure if he jumps back into the starting role, but gives the C's a bit more flexibility with the front court rotations

Stevens needs to be fired if that happens.  Im sure Ainge made the power move to start rob since coach couldn't figure it out.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

if that incapable mf starts, stevens really needs to be fired, hes good for a backup next to a impactful player like rob williams

• Like 1
1 minute ago, L3onD said:

if that incapable mf starts, stevens really needs to be fired, hes good for a backup next to a impactful player like rob williams

I'll think Time Lord still starts - but I think they'll list as some conditioning thing on why TT is not in the starting role.

I think we all know what Williams can bring to the court

I think its not bad even if he comes off the bench since the starting 5 is filled with ball hogs and he can feast like he was doing against reserves. But if TT plays 20 plus min thats just comical at this stage

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, L3onD said:

He should've already been fired given how the younger guys have stagnated this season. Brad is nothing without Gordo

I am no NBA coach but I am sure Brad Stevens relies on input from his assistant coaches and conditioning staff on the players. It is very possible  that Robert Williams III is not skilled and conditioned for 36 mins game time and currently only suitable for 25 mins as his bball IQ and game develops. Deploying Tristan Thomson in the first unit or against certain opposing players enables Williams to see the flow, tendencies and plays - much more different than watching films.

Not every coach has an easy time with setting the lineup like Nash lol.

13 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

I am no NBA coach but I am sure Brad Stevens relies on input from his assistant coaches and conditioning staff on the players. It is very possible  that Robert Williams III is not skilled and conditioned for 36 mins game time and currently only suitable for 25 mins as his bball IQ and game develops. Deploying Tristan Thomson in the first unit or against certain opposing players enables Williams to see the flow, tendencies and plays - much more different than watching films.

Not every coach has an easy time with setting the lineup like Nash lol.

Lmao Nash has the easiest coaching job in the world. Strategy: give the ball to one of 3 of the best scorers of all time and let them figure it out cause hey who the *** is gonna stop all 3 of them?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Time Lord has played better in a starting role than what he did in a reserve one.  His recent run as starter has also benefited the team in the experience they've all gotten playing together in the same shifts for the most part.

Now, why would Stevens insert TT in the starting lineup and stifle that full group's progress?  IMO, if he does so, put a fork in the Celts and Bradley's tenure as coach.

• Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Lmao Nash has the easiest coaching job in the world. Strategy: give the ball to one of 3 of the best scorers of all time and let them figure it out cause hey who the *** is gonna stop all 3 of them?

So true. I recently watched MJ's documentary the Last Dance and there's a clip of coach Jackson drawing up a play and MJ shakes his head and mumbles no that's not the right play. Sorry Robert Williams III for sidetracking your thread.

5 hours ago, EsTiLO said:

Who on that team is going to guard Randle then ? 

The Celts?  Probably Tatum given they both play PF.  Tatum's also probably more used to closing out on shooters, though given the body sizes of the PF/Cs involved on both teams, I suppose the matchups could be switched.