NBC Sports Edge Forums

Robert Williams 2020-2021 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Supersonics said:

Smdh Tacko comes in for him with 6 minutes left 🙄 😂 I’m getting greedy! Love the 4 blocks and defensive energy. 

This a good sign....shows that they value him enough to not risk garbage time injury. He looked really good out there today. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He has the perfect schedule this week to stream/take a flier. Plays mid wk b2b and 4 total games this wk on empty nights. If it doesn’t work out in the 4 games this wk, enjoy the blocks for your match

The DimeLord 

GIVE THIS GUY SOME DECENT F UCKING PLAYIN TIME BRAD STEVENS URE SUCHA F UCKING A SSHOLE

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

Have him - streamed him for the back to back yesterday and today. Will likely drop tomorrow cause let’s be honest - he’s just as likely to have a 10 min game next time around. Sucks cause his per-36 is sooo pretty.

this is the truth of the matter. Sucks.

21 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

Have him - streamed him for the back to back yesterday and today. Will likely drop tomorrow cause let’s be honest - he’s just as likely to have a 10 min game next time around. Sucks cause his per-36 is sooo pretty.

I think there's an unwritten rule about not dropping a top 10 player the following day. Plus he plays Friday, and another back-to-back on Sunday/Monday!

25 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

But, why? 

I read in the Boucher thread a lot of things that make sense to me, but why doesn't it make sense to me here? What is it that Theis actually does do better? 

Pnr defense and being in advantageous spots when off ball 

1 hour ago, summersoff7 said:

Theis is the problem.  He probably wont ever start ahead of TT, so the best we can expect is 2nd string.

2nd string is also too optimistic. Theis was the starting center last year though he is partly at pf this year

Edited by hardyharhar
17 minutes ago, OaksterDan said:

Stevens likes playing big with this roster, it seems.  He's been starting Theis and TT together when both available.  I think that bodes well for RW's playing time going forward.

yeah thats what I thought. but Theis will also play some center minutes when TT is on the bench like in the game before the last one, where Williams only got 10 minutes. 

15 hours ago, mmcc1029 said:

I was Dumb*** and drafted whiteside, would y'all make a swap like that ? 

I spent the last hour of 2020 literally just trying to figure out if I wanted JJ (stable role and production) or Robert Williams (upside and similar cats) for Whiteside.

I moved on JJ at 11:59pm, but I'm sorta regretting my decision (well to drop another player and grab Time Lord as well).  Sorry, but I'm hoping Time Lord sorta sucks tomorrow against DET so I'll not only feel better about my move, but also so Williams can ball out on Sunday in a rematch against them too.  If he does well ... I'm pouncing in all leagues, hah.

For anyone on the fence for grabbing him, I'd say it's a good idea if you've got dead weight, given Williams is still producing even in limited minutes; it's not like you find Cs like this every day. Hoping to see bigger lineups with TT at PF to include Williams at C. And FWIW, the Celts have a 4-4-3-3 schedule for the next month, with 2 B2Bs coming up (meaning they'll likely rest TT and open more opportunities for Williams).  Also looks like mostly cupcake matchups, save for one vs the Raptors (Williams vs Boucher will be fun), and a pair with the Heat (who don't have a real C on their bench).

• Like 1

W Theis operating between both the 4/5 there is an increased opportunity for Williams to see the floor but the thing is Theis at the 4 is not working out and is a big reason why their defense has been underperforming

So it will be interesting to see how this develops seeing as Boston has 4 guys whose best position is the 5 

Last game w Thompson out Theis moved back to the 5 and registered a -2 in 19 minutes while Williams was a +28 in 22 minutes. So I'll be watching tonight's game to see if that performance earned him any more minutes bc it's hard to imagine Williams getting anything close to 20 minutes if Stevens plans on going smaller unless Williams starts to eat into Theis minutes