NBC Sports Edge Forums

Robert Williams 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He has the perfect schedule this week to stream/take a flier. Plays mid wk b2b and 4 total games this wk on empty nights. If it doesn’t work out in the 4 games this wk, enjoy the blocks for your match

Brad already won this week's fantasy. So he saved his minutes for next week. 

Just imagining if we were lucky enough for a scenario in which Tristan and Theis were the ones who had to miss games, and then Rob had a week long audition to start. If the Celtics were to go on a win

Posted Images

On 12/30/2020 at 9:29 PM, Apollo_87 said:

Have him - streamed him for the back to back yesterday and today. Will likely drop tomorrow cause let’s be honest - he’s just as likely to have a 10 min game next time around. Sucks cause his per-36 is sooo pretty.

Hello past me. Good call.

• Like 1

A pity he got injured - limited minutes tonight, but part of it was the injury. He did have a sweet block and caused the steal which resulted in his injury (but didn't get credit for it).  It's also regrettable his FG% went down due to 2 missed shots ... One an end-of-quarter half-court heave and the other a wild attempt at a putback. 

Hope he's okay; didn't see him on the bench afterwards and I'd love to slot him in for time given the Celts' upcoming schedule.  Really don't wanna have to pick up Theis ...

56 minutes ago, MWon said:

A pity he got injured - limited minutes tonight, but part of it was the injury. He did have a sweet block and caused the steal which resulted in his injury (but didn't get credit for it).  It's also regrettable his FG% went down due to 2 missed shots ... One an end-of-quarter half-court heave and the other a wild attempt at a putback. 

Hope he's okay; didn't see him on the bench afterwards and I'd love to slot him in for time given the Celts' upcoming schedule.  Really don't wanna have to pick up Theis ...

he was alright to come back in. Brad said in his post game he was told with a couple of minutes left that he was able to come back in 

1 minute ago, indigorivers said:

he was alright to come back in. Brad said in his post game he was told with a couple of minutes left that he was able to come back in 

You right, good looking out.  Here's the snippet at 1:50, if it matters to anyone.

• Like 1

Anybody expecting a pissed off Celtics team to blitz the sorry Pistons this afternoon, so the starters get rest in the 4th of a blowout on the front end of a road B2B and the Time Lord gets some juicy mop up stats? I think it's possible.

5 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

Anybody expecting a pissed off Celtics team to blitz the sorry Pistons this afternoon, so the starters get rest in the 4th of a blowout on the front end of a road B2B and the Time Lord gets some juicy mop up stats? I think it's possible.

It’s also possible they play a tight game with TT back and Timelord gets 11 minutes (again). He’s basically this year’s 2018-19 MitchRob, with everyone waiting for it “to happen” so they can pounce but in reality he will only get dropped so many times before someone in your league decides he’s perfect for their punt (points/3’s/assists — some combination of the 3??) and latches onto the guy ROS waiting for the unleashing. 

• Haha 1

Holding in both of my ultra competitive 12 team leagues. No one even comes close to having his upside on the wire. Prefer him over the likes of shake, batum, mcgee, Gary trent on the wire. 

12 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

Picked him up for today’s game. Regrets again. This guy is never getting the minutes unless there’s an injury or trade of either Theis or TT.

Welp, at least you got some stocks out of it. Not a total loss.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

Picked him up for today’s game. Regrets again. This guy is never getting the minutes unless there’s an injury or trade of either Theis or TT.

What were you expecting when you picked him up for today’s game? A 25 minute double double with 4 blocks? He got you 2 steals and a block so it’s not that bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I still see obvious issues in his game, but this team has no rim protection and they're able to extend leads with him and Tatum with the 2nd unit. I can definitely see him getting 16+ minutes from here on out. I just dont want to raise optimism saying he'll get more than that, but there''s definitely room for growth... Especially with the inconsistent play of TT and Theis (Theis had a great game today imo)

2 hours ago, indigorivers said:

11 minutes in the first half +6 in the time played to erase a deficit. Brad's going to have to plant drugs on this guy to keep him off the floor

His bf Theiss is the problem.

Stocks, some boards and FG%.  That's basically what we're getting and probably should expect.  FWIW, he shrugged off the little injury he had last game and looked pretty energized out there. Minutes are a problem, but Theis' offensive game is much better looking than Williams', and even when plays PF, TT soaks up the C minutes next to him, or becomes the lone C out there.  The other problem is that players rarely look to Williams when he rolls - there were a few times in the game today when he was wide open at the rim. Doesn't help that Smart, Tatum, and Brown take the majority of the shots.

Still, I'd be interested to see him in the next few games.  He's got some easy matchups and a stronger numerical schedule (and the end of a B2B with TT potentially resting tomorrow).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

Garbage time special

False. He started the 4th Q with Jaylen and Tatum against the raptors starters, with Terence Davis i believe replacing Fred. Some garbage minutes being mixed in now but he got meaningful time too.

5 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

Garbage time special

Spotted the Thompson and Theis owner. This goat outperformed both those guys combined in a third of the minutes 😂

• Haha 2

He is going to be Noel-like this year with massive upside if either Tristan or Theis go down. Neither are exactly ironmen either. He is a textbook stash if you can sustain the occasional duds sure to come. The payoff is tasty if you are patient, however. Seems like he is a favorite amongst Boston fans and beat reporters as well. 

• Like 2

So why isn't he getting 25 mins a night then if he's so good? Are the armchair fantasy GMs better than the Boston coaches and management? I am seriously baffled.

5 minutes ago, mtx said:

So why isn't he getting 25 mins a night then if he's so good? Are the armchair fantasy GMs better than the Boston coaches and management? I am seriously baffled.

If fantasy players opinions meant something, drummond would be mvp

Edited by hardyharhar
  • Haha 1