NBC Sports Edge Forums

Robert Williams 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He has the perfect schedule this week to stream/take a flier. Plays mid wk b2b and 4 total games this wk on empty nights. If it doesn’t work out in the 4 games this wk, enjoy the blocks for your match

GIVE THIS GUY SOME DECENT F UCKING PLAYIN TIME BRAD STEVENS URE SUCHA F UCKING A SSHOLE

The DimeLord 

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, jordan62345 said:

I wonder if Brad stevens decided that starting 2 bigs isn't working and decided to start TT with Theis coming off the bench. Wouldn't that force Timelord out of the rotation?

Just my opinion, but I believe Theis deserves a role and TT doesnt deserve much more than a handful of minutes. Hes offered almost nothing other than rebounding energy, and Theis and Williams offer so much more in their own right. They have a much larger impact in various facets of the game. I think Williams, when hes back up to speed with his conditioning and such, will play 15-20 minutes a night. Thompson will be sprinkled in based on matchup and to keep others fresh. 

39 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Just my opinion, but I believe Theis deserves a role and TT doesnt deserve much more than a handful of minutes. Hes offered almost nothing other than rebounding energy, and Theis and Williams offer so much more in their own right. They have a much larger impact in various facets of the game. I think Williams, when hes back up to speed with his conditioning and such, will play 15-20 minutes a night. Thompson will be sprinkled in based on matchup and to keep others fresh. 

I think Brad believes this as well I just dont see them not playing their off season acquisition. Tristan would probably need to be traded for Rob to get anything consistent. Covid situation really slowed this whole process.

Glad to see him get good minutes, but y'all watching the game?

R Will is missing some EASY buckets and is playing some pretty awful defense on D12, allowing some pretty easy ORebs.  It doesn't help that he's basically just there to screen for Kemba.  On those Thybulle blocks on Kemba's treys, I got so excited, thinking Kemba would actually pass to a rolling R Will instead of just throwing it up ... nope.

It's probably gonna get worse with Tatum back soon and he squeezes the frontcourt for minutes.  I just think R Will had an excellent opportunity tonight with extended minutes and he looked pretty awful IRL.

• Thanks 2
10 minutes ago, MWon said:

Glad to see him get good minutes, but y'all watching the game?

R Will is missing some EASY buckets and is playing some pretty awful defense on D12, allowing some pretty easy ORebs.  It doesn't help that he's basically just there to screen for Kemba.  On those Thybulle blocks on Kemba's treys, I got so excited, thinking Kemba would actually pass to a rolling R Will instead of just throwing it up ... nope.

It's probably gonna get worse with Tatum back soon and he squeezes the frontcourt for minutes.  I just think R Will had an excellent opportunity tonight with extended minutes and he looked pretty awful IRL.

First game back from covid....Can the man ramp up?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, JohnnyTsunami said:

dude's chillin on my wire in my 10-Team, wondering if there's anything to see 

Absolutely nothing to see here in a 10 teamer. 

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, falconish said:

Why did Brad pull him out in a blow out 🤦‍♂️

To get Tako a little taste.  Hopefully Thompson rests tomorrow.  Plan on deploying.  Something like tonight's line is perfect

• Like 1
1 hour ago, falconish said:

I saw that too, and it was right after a dunk.  He had a few defensive lapses resulting in dunks by Allen and got pulled.  

3 hours ago, Apollo_87 said:

So is this guy a drop in 12-teamers?

3 hours ago, taenggg said:

i think he's a hold in certain punt builds 

Eh, he had a 9/6/3 line tonight with 66% FG and 100% FT and no TOs ... It's not exactly easy to find on 12 team wires.  As for punt builds, I really don't know what exactly you'd want to punt with R Will.  Even in a FT% punt, he's actually 90% from the line this season, and heck, even if you think he'll revert back to his 68% career average there, that's not terrible anyway, and he only takes like, 1 FT a game.  Hardly warrants a punt.  

6 hours ago, falconish said:

I honestly have no idea other than to let the fans see Tacko.  The Celts have a real deep bench (or at least I like their depth), but some of those guys I have no idea why Stevens wants to play more.  As for tomorrow, while I hope TT rests, the real concern is seeing Tatum back and potentially moving Theis back to C or something.  Tatum's gonna take many more minutes back than TT might give up on resting, so my fingers are crossed on R Will getting to 15 mpg ...  

3 hours ago, taenggg said:

i think he's a hold in certain punt builds 

top 50 in PTS/FT punt and top 30 in PTS/FT/3s

Bruh who punts three cats? Sounds like a losing strategy.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2