NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cameron Johnson 2020-2021 Outlook

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, nrobinson_1984 said:

Why is no one talking about this guy? Putting up good numbers off the bench. Ranked inside the top 75 in 9 cat leagues. Am I missing something?

nope. just he's mainly just a source of 3s and his minutes hover in the low 20s. Everything advance says he's impacting the game on both sides more than Jae Crowder, but I doubt the coach makes the change. He's fine in a 12 team league for sure. Must own if he ever gets more than 28 minutes a game consistently. Not sure if we'll see that this year without something happening to Crowder. I own both him and Justin Holiday on my team to fill the same role.

Very possible but he's been one of their worst defenders. That said, there's an argument that Crowder and Ayton (obviously) haven't been doing their jobs. There's also a chance (but I highly doubt it happens) that Saric gets moved up the starting lineup.

55 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

Very possible but he's been one of their worst defenders. That said, there's an argument that Crowder and Ayton (obviously) haven't been doing their jobs. There's also a chance (but I highly doubt it happens) that Saric gets moved up the starting lineup.

He's definitely not one of their worst defenders. Maybe not a physical defender but he's far from bad at defense..

39 minutes ago, indigorivers said:

He's definitely not one of their worst defenders. Maybe not a physical defender but he's far from bad at defense..

It might have been the few games I caught but I definitely like Crowder over Cam for defense (Jae's shot has been so hot and cold though). That can still change though over time as he's still probably figuring it out. 

21 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

It might have been the few games I caught but I definitely like Crowder over Cam for defense (Jae's shot has been so hot and cold though). That can still change though over time as he's still probably figuring it out. 

Yeah Cameron's a great defender. The commentators basically spend the whole game talking about his defense. He just lacks physicality which is why saric and crowder may be preferred over him. If he adds 5-10 pounds over the off season hed be the undisputed starting 4

Hopefully this sticks. But honestly this is waaaay overdue. The kid was amazing back towards the end of last season. Even more so from the bubble.

Edited by Trench Mob
1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

You don’t need anymore ballers lol 

Need all the ballers to make up half your team missing games because of COVID.

f--- this season for real 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Need all the ballers to make up half your team missing games because of COVID.

f--- this season for real 

Yeah I thought football was bad. This has been brutal.