Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Matisse Thybulle 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Korkmaz will be missing a few weeks, so expect Tisse to pick up some of those minutes.  Could split them with Maxey who was getting some minutes already.  If he gets to 20, he'll get defensive stats.  He's been reluctant to shoot the 3, don't know why, but he had decent numbers last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think Thybulle is a must add to any playoff bound owner in H2H leagues. Elite defensive specialists are few and far between. With the effusive praise he's receiving from Embiid and Doc it would be hard to imagine that he drifts back into obscurity after his recent outputs. I thought I read that Philly was the number one rated defensive team in efficiency in the league, obviously Simmons/Embiid factor into that as well but if they are highlighting Matisse as the best on their team that should tell you a lot about the role he should have moving forward. Savy owners should ignore the other lacking statistical categories and jump on this train before it leaves the station.

"All aboard!"

Edited by BossRoss
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BossRoss said:

I think Thybulle is a must add to any playoff bound owner in H2H leagues. Elite defensive specialists are few and far between. With the effusive praise he's receiving from Embiid and Doc it would be hard to imagine that he drifts back into obscurity after his recent outputs. I thought I read that Philly was the number one rated defensive team in efficiency in the league, obviously Simmons/Embiid factor into that as well but if they are highlighting Matisse as the best on their team that should tell you a lot about the role he should have moving forward. Savy owners should ignore the other lacking statistical categories and jump on this train before it leaves the station.

"All aboard!"

I am going to wait for Milton to get back before jumping on. I suspect Tisse goes back to like 17mpg when everyone’s healthy. (Recent outputs include 2 games of Simmons being out.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Eltoro said:

I am going to wait for Milton to get back before jumping on. I suspect Tisse goes back to like 17mpg when everyone’s healthy. (Recent outputs include 2 games of Simmons being out.)

Milton plays a different role for the team and might be more of a threat to some of Curry's minutes. The next few games will be very telling. A few more impressive defensive performances will cement his role going forward.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

He did his biggest line with Simmons out. And now Simmons is likely to play. Doesn't that mean he goes back to mid 20 minutes?

Yeah. One game was without Simmons and the other without Embiid. It will be interesting to see what happens with both of them back. I thought the main issue going into the season with Thybulle was that he and Embiid had a terrible net rating when on the court together. So either he gets pushed back to his old role or they try to push through those negative lineups. My guess is that they try to stagger Embiid and Thybulle when possible. The key is to see how long Embiid and Thybulle play together and if it also occurs with Simmons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BossRoss said:

Milton plays a different role for the team and might be more of a threat to some of Curry's minutes. The next few games will be very telling. A few more impressive defensive performances will cement his role going forward.

Milton 29 mins

Curry 35 mins

Thybulle 16 mins

When Simmons is healthy you don’t really need more defense. You need shooters.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Eltoro said:

Milton 29 mins

Curry 35 mins

Thybulle 16 mins

When Simmons is healthy you don’t really need more defense. You need shooters.

Yeah, that's definitely true. So he just gets completely squeezed then? The whole surround Ben and Joel with shooters thing has finally come to fruition this year so you bring up a valid point. I would think that the way around it (which I didn't really see last night) was to stagger Ben and Joel as much as you could so that Matisse could then still play with three other shooters. That clearly didn't happen. He only played 5 mins in the first half which was also discouraging.

Could it be matchup dependent? Is he a trade candidate? I'm just weary of already cutting bait when he flashes as the highest defensive specialist in the league. I mean at this point I'd say they should just have a 7 or 8 man rotation with Thybulle, Simmons, or Harris as the small ball center behind Embiid. Maybe a less offensive Draymond Green role in a way where you take advantage of his defensive utility and have him in a small ball center role. The problem with that is that Simmons is exactly that. I guess this post is just a long winded argument of vouching for Matisse's expanded role for fantasy purposes.

What are your thoughts?

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s being reported that the 76ers are looking to make a big move. I have to think Thybulle would have to be involved in any deal as he’s one of their better assets 

One name they have been linked to is Lowry but I don’t see that happening now that Toronto is playing well but another name they have been linked to is PJ Tucker

Here’s hoping Thybulle gets flipped to Houston or anywhere that has him playing a consistent 20+ minute role 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kilslo said:

It’s being reported that the 76ers are looking to make a big move. I have to think Thybulle would have to be involved in any deal as he’s one of their better assets 

One name they have been linked to is Lowry but I don’t see that happening now that Toronto is playing well but another name they have been linked to is PJ Tucker

Here’s hoping Thybulle gets flipped to Houston or anywhere that has him playing a consistent 20+ minute role 

Houston was interested in having him in the deal but I am not sure they want to just trade for him. Problem is even when he had mins he didn't shoot. Is he scared to shoot or told not to?

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, DepressedKnicksFan said:

Looking for stocks this week.

Saw he dropped a dud last game. Danny Green had 5 steals. I know sixers have had embiid and simmons, one or the other out.

How does he perform when they are both playing? Does he get minutes? I anticipate he gets less minutes due to lack of shooting.

The last two games when both (and Milton) have been healthy he has played very little. More playing time is what we're hoping to see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 10:14 PM, BossRoss said:

Potential door opening for Thybulle with the Embiid injury...

man these stocks are monster. if he can just chip in 10/4 and 1 three he would hold solid mid rd value. too inconsistent for me to roster  but on the streamer list

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, falconish said:

He is so Reliabulle for stocks 😍

sure is, sometimes steals, sometimes blocks, but you damn well know you're getting something good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If he continues this and helps bring home the trophy, I promised myself I'd use some of the winnings to buy his jersey. I love players like this and everyone in my league laughed at my punting strategy. I told them that not many in our league could roster him and players like him all year and make it to the finals. You have to draft a team that's able to make him the difference. And so far, he has been. Thanks, Matisse. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...