NBC Sports Edge Forums

6 minutes ago, kane said:

I miss some vet member such as StifleTower,his fantasy knowledge and analysis is great and I like read his comments

This forum was about just that, knowledge. Now? Oh your player is injured I get to win or he will load mange trade him or he wasnt as good as he was for the last couple of years drop him. Fine have your opinion but damn

6 minutes ago, fabrar said:

What I hate are the crazy reactionary takes. Literally anytime a player has a bad quarter it's as if the world has ended and they need to be dropped or traded right away. It's stupid, frustrating and exhausting to read. IDK how some of these people have ever won a matchup in fantasy.

This, it’s never ending.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

One thing hasn’t changed—people don’t know about or refuse to use the AC thread. 

maybe AC thread lack of people to reply,most people only come in Fantasy Basketball Talk 

I'd also say there are a lot more people who are set in their ways of "drafting player X and refuse to have their opinions changed". My advice would be just to tune them out if they continue being hard-headed and only really engage with those who seem like they are trying to understand the different nuances of what makes a team/player good or bad, or willing to have their minds changed. You can spot the "Heheh Harden go brrrrrrrrrrrt from 3" guys a mile away from here.

Edited by tazdingo

This forum is great during the offseason. All the bozos are off playing baseball or football and it’s mostly knowledgeable fantasy players discussing player outlooks. You actually can have real discussions about players IRL, their fantasy outlook, team outlook, etc. But during the season all that goes out the window mostly and all we have are guys that overreact and are super toxic. It’s been that way for years. That’s mainly why I don’t post much here during the season. I lurk from time to time but as the season goes on I generally am on less and less. Unfortunately, there’s just too many trolls and dummies spamming the forum. There’s still great posters but they just don’t come around as much either. If you really want to have a good basketball discussion and want to actually improve your knowledge, come here during the summer. 

• Like 2

People do not change, they are still people.

Some things I like here:

"I told you so" and "f@#$ you all" moments when player with preseason hype has a good game/week (see Mitch  Rob,Wod, Boucher threads) and their owners feel good at the moment but nervous about return for an entire season)

Lakers fans and their inability to accept any criticism of their team/players.

Bold predictions thread, despite the fact that people engage in serious discussion about some of them

Lost its way prob a few years back. More so with the annoyance factors one which is the constant “I drafted him (obv shoulda gone earlier) in 8th round” not to inform on value but because they think anyone cares. Equivalent to people posting there whereabouts during the day on Facebook.

Edited by Pirate
  • Haha 1

I’ve almost moved on to the Reddit page. More insightful, less clutter. As I’ve mentioned in other threads, mods should lock threads during games. I see a “Hot Thread” I’m thinking “okay maybe the player got hurt, or maybe player may have been traded or something”. Nope it’s 2 pages of:

This player is trash, I can’t believe I drafted him round 3, I could of had Lugentz Dort instead of Anthony Davis if this is what I’m going to get. The coach sucks, anybody wanna trade KAT for Bazley?

2 pages of that crap. Nothing insightful. 

• Like 6