NBC Sports Edge Forums

Week 17 - Teams to Rest Players

Which teams are likely to rest players and nothing to play for in Week 17? 

I know Andy Reid has already mentioned that he will be resting KC players. 

What are other division winners playing for or resting their players if they can?

Not for FF, I'm just curious.

1 hour ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Steelers are resting Big Ben. Would have to imagine their other key starters don't see a full game either then.

The Steelers are starting Mason Rudolph instead? Could be interesting.

26 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

The Vikings potentially sitting Dalvin could be something to monitor. And if they do, will Mattison be available ?

I don’t see them benching Cook. The off-season is for resting, not week 17 (unless you’re resting for a playoff run). He’s having a big year and wants to add to it. Their HC is old school and I would be very surprised if he just hangs it up and plays back ups. 

6 hours ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

I don’t see them benching Cook. The off-season is for resting, not week 17 (unless you’re resting for a playoff run). He’s having a big year and wants to add to it. Their HC is old school and I would be very surprised if he just hangs it up and plays back ups. 

Yeah, why would non-playoff teams rest players in week 17  😆 😆 😆

6 hours ago, owenmills said:

Why would George Kittle come back from broken bones in his foot with 2 meaningless games to play? Why would Keenan Allen risk further tearing of his hamstring 4 days after sustaining it whenever they’re out of the playoffs? I could go on, and on, and on.

Coaches and players (especially those reaching milestones) CARE about finishing strong. The ONLY REASON to rest week 17 is BECAUSE of the playoffs.

Lmao, kid, you must not follow the NFL too closely 😂🤣

4 hours ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Why would George Kittle come back from broken bones in his foot with 2 meaningless games to play? Why would Keenan Allen risk further tearing of his hamstring 4 days after sustaining it whenever they’re out of the playoffs? I could go on, and on, and on.

Coaches and players (especially those reaching milestones) CARE about finishing strong. The ONLY REASON to rest week 17 is BECAUSE of the playoffs.

Uh, that's basically what he said. Juat a lot less words and insults.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

You insulted him while agreeing with him?

7 hours ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

14 hours ago, owenmills said:

It's not common place but it happens. Someone with a questionable tag who would probably play under normal circumstances is more apt to sit in a meaningless week 17. Fournette comes to mind last year.

Does anyone know if the Bills are actually going to try to win this game v MIA? Pat Daugherty is seriously fading Allen, Diggs etc so he for one seems to think not. Fantasy Pros has Allen outside the top 32 QBs this week. I'm obviously missing something here - unless the Bills just don't care if they get a bye. They have the tiebreaker over PIT but they still need to win if PIT manages to win and both these teams are in the early time slot. MIA is going to bring everything they have into this game - why is it so "obvious" to everyone the Bills won't play a full game?