NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jonas Valanciunas 2020-2021 Outlook

Searched 3 times, no thread yet.

Anyways, with the Grizz record last year there are some expectations to keep the boat afloat while Morant & JJJ are out. He played 39 min last night in an OT game, his most last year in any game was 36. Through 3 games his minutes are up roughly 5, looking like he plays 30-31 in regulation games. If he plays 30min instead of 26 like last year, he could jump 10 spots from his #46 year end ranking in 9-cat per BBM. Those 4-5 extra minutes are sneaky in fantasy.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Jonas Valanciunas 2020-2021 Outlook
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not so sure about that.  Dieng was completely dropped from the rotation the past couple of games and Tillman was getting the call off the bench.  

wow what a follow up to his 30/20 game sheesh

Amen. Had a fantastic year with JJJ out, dominating rebounds and fg% each week. Will be interesting to see if the price goes up next year. Can't believe he's only 28 too, feels like he's been around f

Love this guy, super consistent night in and out. Not really worried about JJJ - he's a pretty poor rebounder so all the boards and 14-15 ppg on elite efficiency are there for J Val.

Literally so consistent with production that there's pretty much nothing to talk about, lol.

I guess my only wish is that he'd take a few more shots and get the percentage back to what it has been historically.  51.2% is horrible for him as he's averaged 56.1% for his career and did 58.5% last year, but even at 51.2% I'm not complaining.  Hopefully regression to the mean.  That's about all I can discuss with this guy, lol.

Edited by CharlesCC2
1 hour ago, iowncrazyhair said:

So whats the plan here guys? Tillman? Dieng? Or will memphis games continue to be postponed lol

I would say based on the last 2 games, Tillman....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Pattythrills said:

Dieng the obvious pick up.

Not so sure about that.  Dieng was completely dropped from the rotation the past couple of games and Tillman was getting the call off the bench.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, iowncrazyhair said:

So whats the plan here guys? Tillman? Dieng? Or will memphis games continue to be postponed lol

In order:

Tillman, games postponed, Dieng...

although I do like Dieng very much as a player, Tillman has usurped him and also there is a chance that more games get postponed so my order is ranked by "likeliness to come to fruition."

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Anyone know how long this guy is out? I don’t recall seeing a 10-14 day quarantine like how mpj/tatum did when they got covid

They are saying possibly Saturday return. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

be happy another month with no JJJ. most likley then he jjj will be eased back in probably miss some b2b/rest

I had both so I’m not happy 😂 but I got jjj off the wire and held him for 2 weeks and sent him back so it’s all good

Welp. Hoping he's back on Saturday but seems like the Grizzlies are being super cautious with him...

That, or it's conditioning. He's with the team, so should be any day now, maybe.

Edited by m1dday