NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin Porter Jr. 2020-2021 Outlook

I got tired of searching for the 2019-2020 KPJ Outlook thread, so I just created a new one.

Mods, if yall got time would you move his 2020-2021 comments into this thread?  If you can't, no sweat.

Bottom line...

Anyone got any news on this Jabroni?  He ever gonna play basketball again?  I dropped him cause the radio silence, but then he got INJ tag so I scooped him again, but now looking to use that IL slot on someone else and when I google him I can only find crickets.  Anyone follow a Twitter account that has info? 

My theory... House arrest with ankle monitor.  But I have no idea.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This man is looking around at his teammates wondering if he ever left the G-League.

"When you add the math"   I think you meant "When you add the meth" after looking at this trade. 

Damn that’s a great trade for your opponent.   Fantasy theft is not a joke, Jim!

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Obliviate said:

I only stashed him in my IR just because i had the spot free so, why not. But nah, haven't heard anything about him, he's gonna sit on my IR until he proves he can play. lol

Same on this. Had some flashes last season, and no one else worth it in my league. It was him or.... Justise Winslow?

• 3 weeks later...

The Cavaliers are planning to release or trade Kevin Porter Jr. after an outburst in the locker room.

Porter Jr., who has yet to play this season with what the Cavaliers are calling personal reasons, "grew angry" when he walked into the locker room to find that they gave his locker to Taurean Prince. The second-year guard began yelling and threw food, and when GM Koby Altman tried to confront him, KPJ remained "combative." The Cavaliers spent the weekend trying to trade him with no luck so far. He's a very talented player, but the off-court issues continue to hold him back. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
On 1/18/2021 at 10:36 AM, L3onD said:

The Cavaliers are planning to release or trade Kevin Porter Jr. after an outburst in the locker room.

Porter Jr., who has yet to play this season with what the Cavaliers are calling personal reasons, "grew angry" when he walked into the locker room to find that they gave his locker to Taurean Prince. The second-year guard began yelling and threw food, and when GM Koby Altman tried to confront him, KPJ remained "combative." The Cavaliers spent the weekend trying to trade him with no luck so far. He's a very talented player, but the off-court issues continue to hold him back. 

End of an era. 

On 1/18/2021 at 10:36 AM, L3onD said:

Nah, he needs help. Hopefully he gets it. Don’t want to see KPJ go down the Delonte West path.

1 hour ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Nah, he needs help. Hopefully he gets it. Don’t want to see KPJ go down the Delonte West path.

he probably has some issues but that doesnt relieve him from the stupidity hes showing

i get people are ****** up and deal with stuff differently (i am too) but he has/had all the resources and support in the world, this is just a childish reaction which will probably cost him not just money wise but mostly basketball wise...dont wanna see him that talented going down to poland, russia or even china

Edited by L3onD

Idk guys... Why did they give Prince his locker? Sounds to me like they already gave up on him and I would be mad too. Some team will take him. Hopefully he learns from his past mistakes because he probably will only get one more shot. 

Edited by Jugernot
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, Jugernot said:

Idk guys... Why did they give Prince his locker? Sounds to me like they already gave up on him and I would be mad too. Some team will take him. Hopefully he learns from his past mistakes because he probably will only get one more shot. 

i mean, if they gave his locker to prince, he had to been informed prior to the event that hes on a way out...if thats not the case, then f--- the cavs mgmt

14 minutes ago, L3onD said:

i mean, if they gave his locker to prince, he had to been informed prior to the event that hes on a way out...if thats not the case, then f--- the cavs mgmt

Yeah I assumed they didn't tell him in advance, but I could very well be wrong. If they did inform him beforehand then Porter was really wrong for his reaction. But if they didn't then I can see why he was so angry. 

They gave his locker to Prince, but moved him into a spot next to rooks. There is only one rook on the team, and that is Isaac Okoro. 

He should be honored to sit next to Okoro.

Clown. Also, Dylan Windler was picked 4 spots ahead of Porter in 2019. Porter fell due to the fact that some teams had questions about his “personal conduct issues” at USC. He was also suspended at USC for those issues. Can you imagine what it takes for a star athlete to get suspended at USC?

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, Jugernot said:

Yeah I assumed they didn't tell him in advance, but I could very well be wrong. If they did inform him beforehand then Porter was really wrong for his reaction. But if they didn't then I can see why he was so angry. 

Would you start throwing food though lol

1 minute ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Damn, what food was he throwing tho? 

Food that you can release and trade. 

Any trade/signing destinations you guys think he would do great at? 

is he a stash?

• Haha 1
On 1/19/2021 at 12:03 PM, XOrad10 said:

is he a stash?

Wouldn't touch him even in deep league dynasty settings.

On 1/18/2021 at 5:03 PM, XOrad10 said:

is he a stash?

I mean if its a 20-30 team league or a longterm dynasty league its worth it if doesn't count to a roster spot.  Hope he gets another chance and some help to handle his demons. Clear talent and a lot of his teammates/coaches the past seemed to like him and praised his upside.

On 1/19/2021 at 3:47 AM, Taipan said:

Hope a well-run team like the Spur scoop him up and rehabilitate him if he is in fact released.  

This. Or the Raptors who is also good at developing players.