Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin Porter Jr. 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

He goes from being underrated to grossly overrated lol. The way people talk about him you would think he’s going to put up first round numbers. But hey who knows maybe he will 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This man is looking around at his teammates wondering if he ever left the G-League.

"When you add the math"   I think you meant "When you add the meth" after looking at this trade. 

Damn that’s a great trade for your opponent.   Fantasy theft is not a joke, Jim!

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, EsTiLO said:

He goes from being underrated to grossly overrated lol. The way people talk about him you would think he’s going to put up first round numbers. But hey who knows maybe he will 

Wym? of course he will. It’s a lock.

Edited by claptondecheeks
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EsTiLO said:

He goes from being underrated to grossly overrated lol. The way people talk about him you would think he’s going to put up first round numbers. But hey who knows maybe he will 

already a first rounder

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

He's not going to be fantasy relevant.  But I picked him up.  What?

As a lotto ticket. Can you read?  The coaching staff said the plan is for him to be the backup PG. Can things change? Sure.  But his upside is limited as backup PG. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jyeatbvg said:

Thinking about dropping Kyrie for him. Yay or nay?

 

In all seriousness, I might drop Harden for him.

According to many posters here...yes you should do that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gbill2004 said:

As a lotto ticket. Can you read?  The coaching staff said the plan is for him to be the backup PG. Can things change? Sure.  But his upside is limited as backup PG. 

I think you are taking this 2nd unit PG too literal. He isn’t exclusively going to play minutes as just a backup PG. He will play alongside Wall and/or Oladipo at times for sure. And now especially with the Gordon injury, even if they don’t make any trades, he is going to get 30 mins or very close to it each night no doubt.

They want to develop him. It’s obvious with everything we have seen and heard from them so far. And they know he has more talent and upside than guys like Brown and House. So unless he flames out off the court or just plain old sucks on the court, he is going to get relevant minutes.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

I think you are taking this 2nd unit PG too literal. He isn’t exclusively going to play minutes as just a backup PG. He will play alongside Wall and/or Oladipo at times for sure. And now especially with the Gordon injury, even if they don’t make any trades, he is going to get 30 mins or very close to it each night no doubt.

They want to develop him. It’s obvious with everything we have seen and heard from them so far. And they know he has more talent and upside than guys like Brown and House. So unless he flames out off the court or just plain old sucks on the court, he is going to get relevant minutes.

He needs 30ish minutes a game. I don't see him getting that when Wall returns. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

He needs 30ish minutes a game. I don't see him getting that when Wall returns. 

Oladipo should be traded, Gordon is out for a while.

 

He will play 30 mins. For dynasty leagues he is hot property.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Oladipo should be traded, Gordon is out for a while.

 

He will play 30 mins. For dynasty leagues he is hot property.

Dynasty I agree. Redraft his value is still up in the air. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

As a lotto ticket. Can you read?  The coaching staff said the plan is for him to be the backup PG. Can things change? Sure.  But his upside is limited as backup PG. 

He's not fantasy relevant, but you're an owner and you picked him up.  You thinking in your head that he's a lotto ticket does not transcribe to any of your posts as far as I can see.  So if I'm supposed to make some inference from your posts I'm sorry but I missed it.

If you literally said, "I don't think he's worth much but I'm taking a flier," or something along those lines feel free to point me to it if I missed it.  But all I saw was a strange dichotomy of "he's not fantasy relevant" and "I picked him up" and that came off as strange to me.

And I don't really disagree with you that his value is up in the air.  I'm also taking a flier on him but like the upside because of talent.  Also realizing that when Wall is running the show perhaps he doesn't have the same relevance.

Edit: Maybe I'm just being dense.  You own him and think he has upside, but if he's there to run the second unit you don't think he will necessarily have the fantasy relevance you initially hoped.  Maybe I did respond before taking everything you said into context.  Pardon me, lol.

Edit #2: I guess my confusion is what is news with him being there to run the second unit.  I don't think anybody picked him up thinking he would be a starter and get the full load of minutes.  So in my mind hearing he's there to run the second unit isn't really news.  For me its if you thought he was relevant enough to pick up, what were your expectations versus now thinking he won't be relevant upon hearing he's expected to run the second unit.

Edited by CharlesCC2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

He needs 30ish minutes a game. I don't see him getting that when Wall returns. 

5 by 5 guys really don’t need 30 minutes to be fantasy relevant. The back court currently consists of  Wall, Dipo and Sterling.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...