NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin Porter Jr. 2020-2021 Outlook

1 minute ago, Eltoro said:

Didn’t expect him to wreak this much havoc against a team ad good as the Jazz. When Wood gets back their two-man game is going to be nasty. 

I guess now we just ride the wave.

Side note: I have never seen someone get 30,000 adds in a single day on Yahoo, but that’s where we’re at with 1.5 hours to go.

That is a lot of adds. Most I recall was year Vucevic came over mid season. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This man is looking around at his teammates wondering if he ever left the G-League.

"When you add the math"   I think you meant "When you add the meth" after looking at this trade. 

Damn that’s a great trade for your opponent.   Fantasy theft is not a joke, Jim!

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

I have THE METROSEXUALS Oubre and Porter AND BOTH ARE JUNIORS!

LOVING IT!

tenor.gif

Bro, it was funny at first but you’ve taken your joke a few posts too far already. You sure it’s all jokes?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

And Hou was in the game for as long as KPJ and Patton were playing. 

They sit, and now they are down by 12. 

Silas is another second generation coach, is all I'm saying.

Man you are letting your fantasy bias get in the way of an objective appraisal. 

-It’s the second night of a back to back

-KPJ tweaked his knee the previous night, and was limping at times to the point the commentators mentioned it. In his post game interview he said it was the same knee he hurt last year 

-Silas STILL played him 38 minutes. 

From everything I have seen so far, Silas is an excellent coach. He paid his dues for 20 years. He’s had to field 24 different starting lineups, the most in the league by far. When the Rockets were healthy with Wood they were winning games. Tonight the guy had to field literally a bunch of G Leaguers and rookies against arguably the best team in the NBA and they stayed in it till a few minutes left. 

To hint at nepotism like Saunders is flat out ridiculous imo.  

• Like 5

Can't hit his three's, he should cut off those hair braids at the front of his face so he can see properly and become a better 3pt shooter. Obviously holding him back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, Apollo_87 said:

Similar trend - missed out on a good player and just planting their fat asses in those players’ threads and putting down the player to make themselves feel better.

Sucks to be them. KPJ to the moon!!

I own KPJ in my only league 🙄

3 minutes ago, taenggg said:

For a man with 8000 posts that boy sure is clueless

Let's see what happens when Wall returns this week.  It's millennials like you who are clueless when you make definitive statements after 2 games 🙄

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Let's see what happens when Wall returns this week.  It's millennials like you who are clueless when you make definitive statements after 2 games 🙄

OK boomer

• Haha 6
6 minutes ago, EsTiLO said:

It took him 25 shots to get 27 points. He’s not very efficient. He has the benefit to shoot as much as he wants on a bad team. 

He was also playing against the #1 team in the league with his supporting cast being a bunch of scrubs and misfits that belong in the g league. And he almost led them to a comeback.

But sure, let's take context totally out of the equation and focus on pointless nitpicking of an extremely talented young player who we all got for free from the wire. 

And guess what? Houston IS a bad team tanking for the foreseeable future so he will get as many shots as he wants. 

• Like 8
19 minutes ago, EsTiLO said:

It took him 25 shots to get 27 points. He’s not very efficient. He has the benefit to shoot as much as he wants on a bad team. 

Shouldn’t you be happy that he is getting 25 shots off? Who else you want to shoot on that team? Patton?

21 minutes ago, fabrar said:

He was also playing against the #1 team in the league with his supporting cast being a bunch of scrubs and misfits that belong in the g league. And he almost led them to a comeback.

But sure, let's take context totally out of the equation and focus on pointless nitpicking of an extremely talented young player who we all got for free from the wire. 

And guess what? Houston IS a bad team tanking for the foreseeable future so he will get as many shots as he wants. 

It’s not nitpicking dude. I saw the game and he was shot jacking most of the time. I don’t expect him to continue to do that when Wood & Wall come back. 

12 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Shouldn’t you be happy that he is getting 25 shots off? Who else you want to shoot on that team? Patton?

When he goes 10 for 25 I hope people will not complain about it then

12 hours ago, fabrar said:

Seriously, I don't understand these people. They come into a thread just to be a buzzkill about a young player who actually played terrific. Like are you upset that we're hyped about a free wire pickup who's balling out? That's literally the whole purpose of this website bro.

Cognitive dissonance due to fomo

43 minutes ago, fabrar said:

I don’t know about that. Sounds like Tuesday they’ll have Wood, Oladipo, and Wall back. 

Post trade deadline is when I expect KPJ to get the full tank green light.

58 minutes ago, EsTiLO said:

When he goes 10 for 25 I hope people will not complain about it then

I'm not sure who on that team yesterday besides him was supposed to take the most shots, He played 38 minutes. He's 20 years old and barely has played in the NBA putting up numbers shooting 44% right now.  Don't think he's going to be shooting 50% and not expecting it.  He's shooting better than Wall and Oladipo in a small sample size. He has a much better opportunity than he had in Cleveland right now.  With Wood and some of the other players playing he could actually be more efficient.  

To add to the shot issue, he is a great finisher. He had to force a few thress given the that Utah has some of the best interior defense. 

I expect him to take more high percentage shots when he's facing less suffocating defenses and when he's got Wood to space for him and open up driving lanes.

Edited by MuscleChestbrook
  • Like 2
12 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

To add to the shot issue, he is a great finisher. He had to force a few thress given the that Utah has some of the best interior defense. 

I expect him to take more high percentage shots when he's facing less suffocating defenses and when he's got Wood to space for him and open up driving lanes.

yeah he is a better shooter than his % now due to being forced to shoot. The 3's are one of the biggest things separating him from his big brother Harden though, who can hit contested 3's in the regular season. Says a lot about this kid.

Oladipo and Wall will both play some games and both sit some games, so I am interested to see his versatility and off ball contributions. This isn't the Knicks and I think the Utah game proved he deserves consistent minutes. This whole season will be practice matches for Wall, Porter, and Wood for next season.

Edited by rob0403
15 hours ago, Eltoro said:

Man you are letting your fantasy bias get in the way of an objective appraisal. 

-It’s the second night of a back to back

-KPJ tweaked his knee the previous night, and was limping at times to the point the commentators mentioned it. In his post game interview he said it was the same knee he hurt last year 

-Silas STILL played him 38 minutes. 

From everything I have seen so far, Silas is an excellent coach. He paid his dues for 20 years. He’s had to field 24 different starting lineups, the most in the league by far. When the Rockets were healthy with Wood they were winning games. Tonight the guy had to field literally a bunch of G Leaguers and rookies against arguably the best team in the NBA and they stayed in it till a few minutes left. 

To hint at nepotism like Saunders is flat out ridiculous imo.  

I hear you. The timing of this post was in the first half, when Silas sat KPJ and the close game immediately went to a 10-point game. I agree that by the end of the game KPJ had enough minutes to satisfy me.

I agree that Silas got his team motivated and they never gave up, which is a sign of good coaching. They showed a lot of heart out there.

I do have a problem with nepotism in NBA coaching. It's my view is that the NBA has way too much of an old boy network among coaches and management. It wouldn't be tolerated in other lines of work, but somehow guys with excellent bloodlines keep getting these million-dollar coaching gigs. There are very few places in life where 2nd generation guys manage to get these plum lives handed to them. Silas may be the rare exception who has merit and is also 2nd generation, but surely there must be more deserving coaches out there who have better real coaching abilities than Saunders or Luke Walton. Take away the pedigree and these guys would not have gotten head coaching gigs. Merit should matter more than blood, since we ought to have progressed past the Middle Ages where people thought nobles had abilities that commoners didn't.

1 hour ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I hear you. The timing of this post was in the first half, when Silas sat KPJ and the close game immediately went to a 10-point game. I agree that by the end of the game KPJ had enough minutes to satisfy me.

I agree that Silas got his team motivated and they never gave up, which is a sign of good coaching. They showed a lot of heart out there.

I do have a problem with nepotism in NBA coaching. It's my view is that the NBA has way too much of an old boy network among coaches and management. It wouldn't be tolerated in other lines of work, but somehow guys with excellent bloodlines keep getting these million-dollar coaching gigs. There are very few places in life where 2nd generation guys manage to get these plum lives handed to them. Silas may be the rare exception who has merit and is also 2nd generation, but surely there must be more deserving coaches out there who have better real coaching abilities than Saunders or Luke Walton. Take away the pedigree and these guys would not have gotten head coaching gigs. Merit should matter more than blood, since we ought to have progressed past the Middle Ages where people thought nobles had abilities that commoners didn't.

What do you mean he sat him? It looked like your typical NBA substitution/rotation. Teams will go on runs. You can't expect the coach to never sub a player out...

Edited by MuscleChestbrook