NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin Porter Jr. 2020-2021 Outlook

Prob the most surprising thing so far about KPJ are his stocks.  His playmaking and scoring has really translated well into the NBA from GLeague but I did not know he had Lord RoCo's prowess in him too. In 4 games since ASB, hes had 6stls and 5blk while shouldering that offense 

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This man is looking around at his teammates wondering if he ever left the G-League.

"When you add the math"   I think you meant "When you add the meth" after looking at this trade. 

Damn that’s a great trade for your opponent.   Fantasy theft is not a joke, Jim!

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, richardtlee22 said:

Prob the most surprising thing so far about KPJ are his stocks.  His playmaking and scoring has really translated well into the NBA from GLeague but I did not know he had Lord RoCo's prowess in him too. In 4 games since ASB, hes had 6stls and 5blk while shouldering that offense 

The best part is that with Wood (and maybe Wall) back, he won't have to shoulder the entire offense, which will only help his efficiency, assists and stocks and make him even more valuable. He struggles with his shot sometimes now when he's the #1 option - he's still really young and inexperienced - so a little bit of help would go a long way. Last night's game is a great example with Oladipo playing well. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, richardtlee22 said:

He is big for a point guard at 6'4 and he is at the very least gambling for steals and blocks at this stage of his career. I think he is a 1/1 or 1.2/0.6 stls/blks guy in his career due to his quickness and length.

And with the way Houston plays switching smalls onto bigs he has more chance of blocking just by being around the rim sometimes.

No it's just an off night.

They had KPJ take technical free throws so they probably believe in him. He hits 75% now but maybe in practice he hits most of them already.

• Thanks 1

Th

3 hours ago, doomz said:

these two are gonna be fun

I can't be mad that  that I don't have Porter, cuz he not available in any of my leagues. This dude is balling! If he stays healthy for the remainder of the season, he put you over the top and win help you win it. 

The turnovers are getting a bit salty for me. He is still giving good fantasy points numbers, but 3.6 TOs... If he could tweak it to 3.0 it would be nice. Not asking too much I think.

Gonna be a fun ride owning Wood and KPJ if they can stay healthy.

I’m telling you guys... it’s looking like 2nd round value for him in points leagues. In my league, he’s been a bit better than Donovan Mitchell.

It looks like Oladipo is on the verge of getting traded and now there are rumors of Wall needing a knee procedure and eventually sitting for the season (the fact that they accepted DJ Augustin and his awful contract seems to support this)... this train is just not stopping anytime soon.

Gonna be fun owning KPJ and Wood to end the season. 

• Like 2

I own KPJ and Wood and was going to use last night as a spring board to move them, but now I'm starting to think I just sit back and hold on for the ride.  That FT% hit between the two of them last night has me feeling a little iffy, but maybe that was just a fluke, as mentioned above.

12 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

I own KPJ and Wood and was going to use last night as a spring board to move them, but now I'm starting to think I just sit back and hold on for the ride.  That FT% hit between the two of them last night has me feeling a little iffy, but maybe that was just a fluke, as mentioned above.

I think Wood owners were (are?) frustrated/ concerned bc he didn’t play on Tuesday, which was 2 weeks past the March 3rd return date (last game before the ASB) that Wood himself gave.

What initially was a “week-to-week” 2-4 week injury became a 6 week injury, and the delay caused fears that he might be shut down in a meaningless season. I think his good game yesterday will soothe those concerns. It should also be noted that he tweaked his ankle towards the end of the game in what was a blowout. If they really had plans to shelf him like that, they would’ve taken him out and it would be a multi game absence for precaution (look at the Wolves, Thunder, Magic, Pistons, etc holding out players for even “conditioning”).

I also got KPJ and together with Powell and now Moses I’ve done pretty good on the waiver this year, especially in midseason it’s hard to find such good contributors. 

Let’s all hope KPJ and Wood become a great Duo (I own Wood as well, kinda feels that I’ve become a Rockets Fan now lol) and stay healthy! 

1 hour ago, KB24MVP said:

I also got KPJ and together with Powell and now Moses I’ve done pretty good on the waiver this year, especially in midseason it’s hard to find such good contributors. 

Let’s all hope KPJ and Wood become a great Duo (I own Wood as well, kinda feels that I’ve become a Rockets Fan now lol) and stay healthy! 

I got Moses too but calm your horses, that’ll be a bumpy ride. 

The players I enjoy rostering the most are the ones that blow up midseason. Like Klay his rookie year after Monta Ellis got traded, Tobias after getting traded to the Magic, or Beasley last year before the shut down. 

Win or lose, having KPJ blow up like this is going to be a fun ride!  

I think he can be much better. He is getting by with things you can't teach like vision, athletism, and decent scoring (better going at the rim). Don't know about you guys but his jumpshot looks a bit weird to me, with a release that doesn't have to be so low and he's almost putting his elbow to one side.

If he fixes that with a higher release point and more accuracy, he will be crazy good.

Hes an elite passer. Also appears to have great ability to drive to the hoop. Hes a spitting image of De'aron Fox.  Although has slightly more poise when handling the ball from what I've seen early on.

Kid might very well be the juice I need to save the season