NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin Porter Jr. 2020-2021 Outlook

15 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Definitely a lotto ticket... You know the chances you have in winning a lotto right??? 

slim to none

but we gon treat ourselves with bunch of hookers n cocaine if it pans out

Edited by L3onD
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This man is looking around at his teammates wondering if he ever left the G-League.

"When you add the math"   I think you meant "When you add the meth" after looking at this trade. 

Damn that’s a great trade for your opponent.   Fantasy theft is not a joke, Jim!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Austin_Rivers said:

He's entering the G league first it seems. 

Reality-wise, this is great news.  Happy to hear the Rockets are getting the momentum going for him again.

Fantasy-wise, I'm not certain as to whether this is a plus or not.  Maybe he dominates in G-League and Rockets summon his presence sooner rather than later, or maybe he stays put for the season and takes his time.

8 hours ago, Nica4two said:

Reality-wise, this is great news.  Happy to hear the Rockets are getting the momentum going for him again.

Fantasy-wise, I'm not certain as to whether this is a plus or not.  Maybe he dominates in G-League and Rockets summon his presence sooner rather than later, or maybe he stays put for the season and takes his time.

Depends really. In a dynasty league its amazing news. In a redraft league not so much.

But this will help immensely with his conditioning so I really love the news.

7 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Is he on the Josh Jackson storyline arc?

How so? KPJ has only played one season and he played well in the back end of last season.

Josh Jackson has played for multiple teams and was the 4th pick in a draft. Nothing alike.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 2:29 PM, Nica4two said:

Well, the G league season will be only 15 games between Feb 10 and Mar 6 (25 days), plus a max 3 games for the single elimination 8-team playoffs between Mar 8 and Mar 11, so it’s not like KPJ will be there the whole season.

I’m almost certain KPJ won’t rejoin the Rockets until the end of his G League season. For one, he needs those games to get in mid-season shape. More importantly, I think they’ll want to see how he behaves in the bubble. After the stunts he pulled on the Cavs, KPJ needs to show humility and the willingness to be coached and follow the structure that the Rockets will want to set for him. The 30-day G league bubble is the perfect place for him to do that. 

The NBA All-Star game will be Mar 7, it makes sense he’d join them after that weekend or sometime in the following week if they make the playoffs. But I’m not sure he’ll be relevant. House, Nwaba, Sterling Brown, and Tate are all playing pretty well for the Rockets so he’d have to take their minutes. Maybe if VO, Gordon, and/ or Nwaba get traded, unless he just flat out balls on everyone. 

Edited by claptondecheeks
  • Like 2

32/7/9/2/0 in his last G-League game.  He's been dominating on the Vipers, as was predicted I suppose.  Could be one of those league swinging players if he joins the Rockets sooner than later; but I know, I know, those odds aren't particularly high.  People say there's too much competition at the wing but I think he's better than most of them.  But yeah, really just a speculative guy to keep an eye on at the end of the day.

• Like 1
Just now, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Houston is tanking.

Nwaba and Tate are better.

Mclemore, Gordon and House are established.

To be clear, I think KPJ having an impact this year is not as likely.  That said, Gordon is a rest/injury liability, as are Dipo and Tucker.  I don't think the team is too invested in McLemore or House.  I think Tate gets the longest (and deservedly so) leash of the bunch.  And re. Nwaba, I disagree.  Great energy but I think KPJ is a better, well-rounded, much craftier player.  And as you said, Houston is tanking - that could also swing in KPJ's favor.  Who knows? All a matter of opinion though, as I know his comeback odds this year ain't great regardless.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Nica4two said:

To be clear, I think KPJ having an impact this year is not as likely.  That said, Gordon is a rest/injury liability, as are Dipo and Tucker.  I don't think the team is too invested in McLemore or House.  I think Tate gets the longest (and deservedly so) leash of the bunch.  And re. Nwaba, I disagree.  Great energy but I think KPJ is a better, well-rounded, much craftier player.  And as you said, Houston is tanking - that could also swing in KPJ's favor.  Who knows? All a matter of opinion though, as I know his comeback odds this year ain't great regardless.

No I agree. I’m speaking on the fact bringing KPJ in brings them wins in my opinion. Yes KPJ is talented, but as far as this year is concerned Paul Silas and the Rockets ownership is more using this as a lost season that actually trying to win games and bring in talent.

I think he is better than Tate and Nwaba. He is too talented to leave on the wire in my weekly lineup league, I just picked him up and am crossing my fingers he get's called up by the all star break. 

34 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

I think he is better than Tate and Nwaba. He is too talented to leave on the wire in my weekly lineup league, I just picked him up and am crossing my fingers he get's called up by the all star break. 

Got to ask would you rather have Porter or Stewart in this situation 

1 hour ago, stay_woke said:

That’s all speculative tho 

I grabbed him up mainly because I’m at the top of my league and can afford to test the waters here. Silas said they’d consider calling up KPJ or Kenyon Martin Jr. with the amount of injuries they’re dealing with.

11 hours ago, indigorivers said:

Got to ask would you rather have Porter or Stewart in this situation 

I like Porter better but I am keeping a close eye on Stewart as well of course. I worry thag Casey will roll with Plumlee for the rest of the year since they just signed him to a 3 year deal and he is playing well. But if Plum gets injured then Stewart could be a league winner. I think KPJ has a clear path to minutes the only issue is waiting for the call up. 

Also to be clear I am only picking him up because I am in a weekly league and him sitting on my bench doesn't hurt me, if you are in a daily H2H league then it is probably not the time quite yet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, stay_woke said:

Jesus, how deep is your league??? Hard for me to even consider making that move in a 14-team league. 

42 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

Jesus, how deep is your league??? Hard for me to even consider making that move in a 14-team league. 

It's a weekly league, it's all about upside with your bench and KPJ has more upside than anybody on the wire on my league imo.

59 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

Your league doesn't have to be too deep to be excited and curious about this kid.  I've already noted the likelihood of him likely not being fantasy relevant this season BUT he's a player to have on your radar regardless of league size given how crafty, talented and explosive he is.  Kevin Love was recently interviewed and said he was the most talented guy on their roster  - even went so far as to say he reminded him of a left-handed Westbrook.  These are all variables to consider (including the looming, negative, hindering ones).  But I'd be watching him like a hawk if I was in a 14-team league, and this is coming from someone who is watching him like a hawk in a 12-team league : ]

• Thanks 1