NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin Porter Jr. 2020-2021 Outlook

Agree with all that's been said. Use judgement based on scoring format, team roster, categories, FA available, and if you play in a n uber active league. If you want to plan ahead, try to forecast opponent matchups in the last couple of weeks and playoffs.

Many championships have been won thanks to late season pickups due to load management which happens on the last week of the NBA season and coincides with the latter part of championship week. The Hardens, Embiids, Antetokuonmpo, Adebayo, Tatum, Jalen, PG13, Kawhi, Damien, Jokic, etc, will barely play and the fantasy championship heroes may be the Bruce Browns, Shake Miltons, DiVincenzo, Ariza, Kennard, Carmelo, or Will Bartons.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This man is looking around at his teammates wondering if he ever left the G-League.

"When you add the math"   I think you meant "When you add the meth" after looking at this trade. 

Damn that’s a great trade for your opponent.   Fantasy theft is not a joke, Jim!

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

Agree with all that's been said. Use judgement based on scoring format, team roster, categories, FA available, and if you play in a n uber active league. If you want to plan ahead, try to forecast opponent matchups in the last couple of weeks and playoffs.

Many championships have been won thanks to late season pickups due to load management which happens on the last week of the NBA season and coincides with the latter part of championship week. The Hardens, Embiids, Antetokuonmpo, Adebayo, Tatum, Jalen, PG13, Kawhi, Damien, Jokic, etc, will barely play and the fantasy championship heroes may be the Bruce Browns, Shake Miltons, DiVincenzo, Ariza, Kennard, Carmelo, or Will Bartons.

You forgot THE Tony Bradley

11 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Just as I was going to drop 

same I literally said to myself this is his last game and almost gets a triple double while correcting his ft%

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, TeddieM said:

Never drop. Once true tanking season comes dude is going to go ballistic. 

For sure always have to remember the crazy upside 

• Like 1

Lots of clutter in this thread.

you dropped for delon Wright and he was not even top 200. He was benched, drop his a**, pick up Malachi Flynn and be done with the trauma.

This is why we don't make rash impulsive drops, gentlemen. Just more proof of the kid's crazy upside. The inefficient nights will be there and they will be frustrating but you just have to ride it out. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, fabrar said:

This is why we don't make rash impulsive drops, gentlemen. Just more proof of the kid's crazy upside. The inefficient nights will be there and they will be frustrating but you just have to ride it out. 

He just had his best game in a while. With it, he’s ranked 226 over the last week in 9-cat. This isn’t a case of ‘inefficient nights will be there and you have to ride it out’. It’s a case of ‘efficient nights will occasionally happen, so don’t get sucked in’.

• Haha 1
Just now, Apollo_87 said:

He just had his best game in a while. With it, he’s ranked 226 over the last week in 9-cat. This isn’t a case of ‘inefficient nights will be there and you have to ride it out’. It’s a case of ‘efficient nights will occasionally happen, so don’t get sucked in’.

Sadly you could be right, lol.  Hope not obviously.

4 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Sadly you could be right, lol.  Hope not obviously.

Reasonably confident that I am. This guy is a poison pill for 9-cat this year. 

Definite hold for points league and worthwhile keeper.

If i remember correctly Goatbrook was really bad with his quad injury but since recovering been a monster. I think KPJ's quad injury really bothered him and once he is fully over it he should be a triple double threat nightly 

Was about to cut loose with his drop in production, but holding now with the rest of my injuries. I "think" I can handle the % hit, and luckily we don't count TO

I think the big factor going forward is Wall, and if he's going to be shut down early

I punt ft and TO anyway since I have Russ, Capela and Poeltl on my team and a ton of PGs lol, so KPJ works for me. But yeah I can see why he can be a pain for those not punting those cats 

I was surprised  how quickly people was gonna drop this guy. Talking about a 30+ min as the primary PG, you would risk whatever bad stats you might have to get at that floor and upside in the last fantasy weeks.

Truly head scratching.