NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin Porter Jr. 2020-2021 Outlook

7 minutes ago, bealforthewin said:

oh man this is bad news. what do we do with kpj boys? is he still a strong hold in points?

Points leagues of course strong hold. 

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This man is looking around at his teammates wondering if he ever left the G-League.

"When you add the math"   I think you meant "When you add the meth" after looking at this trade. 

Damn that’s a great trade for your opponent.   Fantasy theft is not a joke, Jim!

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, bealforthewin said:

oh man this is bad news. what do we do with kpj boys? is he still a strong hold in points?

Wait and see in pretty much all formats except small leagues imo. We’ll know soon enough how it all shakes out. 

Plus I don’t wish any harm on Wall but he hasn’t been a model of durability.

1 hour ago, BykeINIT said:

what is westbrook ranked on the entire year?

dont try n be slick 

Westbrook’s ranked 121 on the season in 9-cat. That’s a roughly 100 spots ahead of KPJ. I’m not sure why you keep comparing Westbrook to KPJ when it’s an awful comparison.

1 hour ago, BykeINIT said:

but he’s had games where he’s shown just how good he can be 

You keep comparing Westbrook’s years of high level performance to a handful of KPJ’s good games. It’s such a bad comparison.

6 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

You keep comparing Westbrook’s years of high level performance to a handful of KPJ’s good games. It’s such a bad comparison.

It’s not a great comp but the underlying logic is the same. If you punt three cats then high counting stats guys can be worth it. 

KPJ has only played 13 games this season, and a few of them he has absolutely gone off. You hold him in the hopes that he can find consistency. The downside is the opportunity cost of a better (more efficient perhaps) player. But how many guys are like that out there? In my league there isn’t really anyone with the combo of upside AND opportunity that KPJ has. 

That said, if he sucks next to Wall for the next few games I will try to find a suitable replacement.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Apollo_87 said:

Westbrook’s ranked 121 on the season in 9-cat. That’s a roughly 100 spots ahead of KPJ. I’m not sure why you keep comparing Westbrook to KPJ when it’s an awful comparison.

and that’s a full season vs. 1 month

if u don’t get it, u never will 

good luck bro

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

dudes chucking over 5 3pt attempts at 24% (3/6 tonight)

is he just taking low quality 3pt attempts or is he just a bad shooter right now?

He was never known as a good shooter.

6 3pa is still a decent amount.

1 hour ago, Jyeatbvg said:

Ranked 213 in my league over the last month lol

Ranked 85th in mine over last month.  53rd over last 14 days and 31st over last 7 days. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jyeatbvg said:

Ranked 213 in my league over the last month lol

15/6/7 Last week, shot 40%. Ranked 193.

Terrible stat lines, glad he shot 87% from FT line but season he is 66%.

I would drop for Isaiah Thomas or Cory Joseph. The hype was too explosive for him and John Wall said I’m finishing the season. The ride here is over. Stop hurting y’all selves. 

#GameSetMatch

30 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

15/6/7 Last week, shot 40%. Ranked 193.

Terrible stat lines, glad he shot 87% from FT line but season he is 66%.

I would drop for Isaiah Thomas or Cory Joseph. The hype was too explosive for him and John Wall said I’m finishing the season. The ride here is over. Stop hurting y’all selves. 

#GameSetMatch

I think about Dragic to add instead of KPJ but he does TO too...

If you’re in a shallow a** league then KPJ should not be rostered. There are enough solid ROS guards to go around. If you’re in a competitive 12-16 league then I think it’s no question. I’m in a 12 team 9 cat league and I’ll tell you now, WW is dry af. Ain’t no one worth the pick up for KPJ. 

• Like 2

The tricky thing with KPJ is John Wall not getting his knee scoped. His usage gets drastically reduced with Wall around, and if he’s not putting up popcorn stats he isn’t getting enough defensive stats to offset the %s/TOs.  

The strange thing is, right when he came up from the g league he had the defensive stats. But not anymore.

37 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

The tricky thing with KPJ is John Wall not getting his knee scoped. His usage gets drastically reduced with Wall around, and if he’s not putting up popcorn stats he isn’t getting enough defensive stats to offset the %s/TOs.  

The strange thing is, right when he came up from the g league he had the defensive stats. But not anymore.

Wall is a franchise killer man. Dudes clearly hurt but thinks he's winning mvp and won't sit 

3 hours ago, jrmintz said:

Yea I just don't get what Wall is trying to accomplish. I feel like the team plays better without him. 

This is just speculation, but knee fluid build up (knee effusion) is usually fixed by draining. In this case he might need some scoping as well. However, no matter how you fix this thing, it will come back in a couple of months.

This means Wall might as well just play through it now and fix his knee just so he is ready for next season. He has enough time in the off-season to fix it and be game ready. This is just what I infer from my own knee effusion lol.

On 4/10/2021 at 10:19 PM, Apollo_87 said:

Hi. How’s the ‘upside’ going? He’s ranked 283 over the last 2 weeks in 9-cat, being a positive in only 1 category (assists).

18/5/14/2 looking pretty good to me 😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

18/5/14/2 looking pretty good to me 😄

Definitely a victory lap moment there. This game may very well change everything, and he might turn into a top 50 player ROS.

It’s not like prior to tonight’s game he was ranked outside the top-300 over the last month in 9-cat.

I wouldn’t bet on it, but wish his owners the best!

Edited by Apollo_87
  • Like 1