NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin Porter Jr. 2020-2021 Outlook

6 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

So far it's looking like Houston screwed up putting their chips on him.

They got him for free, so it's low risk high reward.

But if they ditched Levert to bet on this kid, that's a pretty big f--- up

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This man is looking around at his teammates wondering if he ever left the G-League.

"When you add the math"   I think you meant "When you add the meth" after looking at this trade. 

Damn that’s a great trade for your opponent.   Fantasy theft is not a joke, Jim!

Posted Images

11 hours ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Hoping it's just rust from not having touched a basketball while in protocols.  Because damn this guy has nowhere to hide with Wall done for the season.  So far it's looking like Houston screwed up putting their chips on him.

Or maybe they are getting what they want with him contributing to them losing and getting a better draft pick.  Next level moves by Houston.

I don't know how you can screw up putting your chips into the only point guard you have left (even signing Augustin and he is injured) and playing a talented playmaker that Houston for nothing. Especially in this tanking year.

Houston screwed up with not keeping LeVert and Allen. That's a screw up, even if you want to save salary. Could still flip those assets for better picks.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, jowell77 said:

I thought Levert and Oladipo didn’t want to be there?

1 hour ago, rob0403 said:

I don't know how you can screw up putting your chips into the only point guard you have left (even signing Augustin and he is injured) and playing a talented playmaker that Houston for nothing. Especially in this tanking year.

Houston screwed up with not keeping LeVert and Allen. That's a screw up, even if you want to save salary. Could still flip those assets for better picks.

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't have implied screwup with significant long term repercussions.  I should've just said he isn't quite what they were hoping for, yet.  He's still young and has a lot of room to grow, it'll come down to his mental fortitude and drive at this point.

Just the shooting at times and turning the ball over show he has a lot to work on.

With Wall out ROS, KPJ is likelier to have a a solid performance than a paltry one.  So if we acknowledge and accept this, we won't be so reactionary with a game like last night, and take solace knowing that he'll probably tear it up next game.  Growing pains.  Enjoy the bumpy-ish ROS ride from a player we got for free.

• Like 3

Should give him some leash for covid. I am not sure, are they just confined to their rooms? I read about Wiseman not being able to do anything training when under protocol

Should give him some leash for covid. I am not sure, are they just confined to their rooms? I read about Wiseman not being able to do anything training when under protocol

I am guessing all professional sports have allocated part of the practice complex for players under safety protocols to stay in shape, likely grouped them by +covid, in contact with covid subject, potential negative positive test results. That or possibly separate training schedules with disinfecting in between. 

Based on MPJ’s snap/twitter/IG posts when he was quarantined, seems like players are left to practice/run drills independently.  

I mean I guess he has been known to do this after a crappy game, coming out and killing the next.  Missed a load of free throws, suddenly goes 9-10 and is an amazing FT shooter.  Just hope he keeps this up and gives some level of consistency.  Not expecting amazing every night, just hoping for no more of these egregiously horrible outings.

35 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Haters real quiet tonight 

What a scrub right? lol 😂

Also about the ft's he's shooting 86.7% on 3.8 attempts in April (12 games not including this one where he is currently 5 of 6). Free throw anchor? 😜 Prob not sustainable haha but he obviously wasn't going to keep stinking it up there like he was last month.

This is the upside people were talking about. You know you're going to get bad fg% and turnovers but he has his use depending on your build (kind of like having Devonte Graham on your roster knowing his limitations and where he hurts you).

Also, really he's more of a 12+ team guy than anything. The way people **** on him it's like they drafted him in the 4th round and expected top 40 value lol instead of having picked him up free off the wire haha

• Like 2
On 4/27/2021 at 8:30 PM, jowell77 said:

Lol

19 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

I have never wavered on kid. Always believed in him. Now he is winning my playoffs with this game. 

I wavered for sure. But I held because he showed enough flashes to make me hope for something like this.  

Now I just hope he can carry this forward till the end of next week.