Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin Porter Jr. 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

That’s a lot of movement. So you expect within the next two weeks:

Oladipo gone

Wall Gone

Cousins already been waived.

Tucker to be moved

Gordon to be moved.

 

55 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Also the way that KPJ is being talked about, feels like they want to make sure he can take over PG for Wall before they trade Wall too. 

As you can see I never said Wall will be traded in the next two weeks. Oladipo is definitely moved before deadline in my opinion.

KPJ is expected to be in the the G league until March 11th or so. Then he will need to prove himself in the regular rotation. He will get that chance since he proved himself in the G league already as a PG.

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/2021/02/21/rockets-coach-stephen-silas-impressed-by-skills-playmaking-of-kevin-porter-jr/

KPJ has been specifically playing PG in the Vipers, in contrast to SG/SF in Cleveland. Wall's age and HOU is not contending, so it's not a stretch that they are grooming a PG to replace Wall in the future and trade him in the next year or two. Wall's age doesn't align with Wood's age either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This man is looking around at his teammates wondering if he ever left the G-League.

"When you add the math"   I think you meant "When you add the meth" after looking at this trade. 

Damn that’s a great trade for your opponent.   Fantasy theft is not a joke, Jim!

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

That’s a lot of movement. So you expect within the next two weeks:

Oladipo gone

Wall Gone

Cousins already been waived.

Tucker to be moved

Gordon to be moved.

 

He only mentioned Dipo, Wall and Cousins.  Cousins is already done in Houston. From what I gather, his opinion, is he’s certain Dipo will be traded before deadline and then he eluded to the idea Porter could be a Wall replacement someday down the line. Which doesn’t refer to now or this deadline. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

How do you guys see the minutes being being divvied up once KPJ and KMJ join the squad? 

I think KPJ will play around 20-25 mins initially. Once Oladipo gets traded, I think he will play 30 mins. 

 

 KMJ around 10 mins. KMJ will share minutes with Patton

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

If Eric Gordon is moved too, then this year is all about KPJ development. 

Temper expectations though, this guy was sitting out most of this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Kevin Porter has yet to make his Rockets debut since being acquired from Cleveland a month ago, but his new team has a vision for how it will use him, writes Kelly Iko of The Athletic. The Rockets, who plan to have Porter finish the G League season at the Walt Disney World bubble, expect to have him eventually assume a point guard role on the second unit, per Iko.

- Looks like the Rockets' plan is to  make him their backup point guard

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/kevin-porter

FWIW, the G-League finals end on March 11th

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

spacer.png

 

seriously, if you’re in here asking what KPJ is gonna do like we’re on the Rockets coaching staff, I hope he gets taken in your leagues by some noob that didn’t even know who this guy is until he stumbled into this thread. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

scooped earlier than I would have liked because you guys won't shut up 😂 for exactly this reason

26 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

spacer.png

 

seriously, if you’re in here asking what KPJ is gonna do like we’re on the Rockets coaching staff, I hope he gets taken in your leagues by some noob that didn’t even know who this guy is until he stumbled into this thread. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

spacer.png

 

seriously, if you’re in here asking what KPJ is gonna do like we’re on the Rockets coaching staff, I hope he gets taken in your leagues by some noob that didn’t even know who this guy is until he stumbled into this thread. 

Alright guys how about this? Just don't post from now until March 11. Let's get it done as it is in our best interests.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Alright guys how about this? Just don't post from now until March 11. Let's get it done as it is in our best interests.

Lol why does it matter if people post, this is a fantasy sports forum. Just ignore the guy that doesn't add any value to the threads. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Lol why does it matter if people post, this is a fantasy sports forum. Just ignore the guy that doesn't add any value to the threads. 

Because most of us was trying to wait until March 11th not March 1st

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching KPJ's G-League highlights and he reminds me of OJ Mayo.  Can score in a lot of different ways, can setup teammates when he feels like it, can steal the ball.  Not that you can take too much away from G-League because it's a chuckfest but he seems like a jack of all trades/master of none type.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brandayz said:

I see... You can't ask what kind of statlines guys are expecting in the Kevin Porter tread. That **** is apparently banned

How many times does that question need to be answered when there have been no new developments in about a month? Do you expect Silas to come in here any day now to give us the inside scoop? 🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

How many times does that question need to be answered when there have been no new developments in about a month? Do you expect Silas to come in here any day now to give us the inside scoop? 🙄

You are right. Dipo hasn't turned down his extension, Houston's losing record isn't on a roll, Wood isn't expected back soon, Cousin hasn't been waived etc... No new developments in a month :) I get it

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

You are right. Dipo hasn't turned down his extension, Houston's losing record isn't on a roll, Wood isn't expected back soon, Cousin hasn't been waived etc... No new developments in a month :) I get it

Right... I guess a month ago we all thought that VO wanted to retire a Rocket and there were no trade rumors, we thought Wood was going to have his leg amputated, and we thought that the team was committed to Boogie as a combo guard. 
 

c’mon man, if you’re gonna ask the same question that 15 other people have asked in the last week, at least start off somewhere relevant, like how Tate and Nwaba have been decent or that House came back from covid. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Right... I guess a month ago we all thought that VO wanted to retire a Rocket and there were no trade rumors, we thought Wood was going to have his leg amputated, and we thought that the team was committed to Boogie as a combo guard. 
 

c’mon man, if you’re gonna ask the same question that 15 other people have asked in the last week, at least start off somewhere relevant, like how Tate and Nwaba have been decent or that House came back from covid. 

You are right... Sorry didn't know you were a part of Houston's front office and knew all this would happen RIGHT NOW before ASB. Next time give a heads up in the Cousins tread for example for all of us who thought he was going to be relevant there when the fantasy season started. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...