NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin Porter Jr. 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This man is looking around at his teammates wondering if he ever left the G-League.

"When you add the math"   I think you meant "When you add the meth" after looking at this trade. 

Damn that’s a great trade for your opponent.   Fantasy theft is not a joke, Jim!

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Jyeatbvg said:

Dropped Giannis for him. Good or bad move?

Oof debatable.  Giannis is playing top 3 basketball right now is an anomaly.  He's likely gonna fall back down to earth and likely plummet all the way down to top 5 obscurity.

KPJ on the other hand is a proven asset with 50 whole games under his belt.  If he plays for the Rockets as he has been for the Vipers, expect him to post Jokic-esque numbers ROS.  

Good drop in my opinion.  You're the definition of a savvy fantasy player.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
44 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Trick question... you can't drop Giannis.

If your league only counts FT% then definitely drop Giannis for KPJ asap

There are leagues with more than 1 cat (FT%)? 

Edited by claptondecheeks
1 minute ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

When is everyone grabbing him? Prior to all star break? 

Shoot. I drafted him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

I grabbed him on monday. I'll take the L on this week to ensure I have him. I don't now what to expect, but this houston teams going no where fast. I think Wood comes back and they give it an honest shot again, but I don't think that'll matter. We got too many vital pieces missing games for this not to be completely out of it by asb.

They said they want him to be the back up pg. So is he the PG on games when Wall is out ? I just want to see what's going on here.

• Like 1

What are people reasonably expecting from him?

Last year in 3 starts he averaged: 13 points/4 reb/3 ast/1.5 threes/1 stl

Don't really know much about this guy and such a small sample size, just trying to see where all the hype is.

• Like 1

Oladipo wall Gordon tucker be traded and go full rebuild.. that’s wishful thinking. If given minute, he can be a not bad top 100 but the hype is unreal 

Edited by csklmf
5 minutes ago, csklmf said:

Oladipo wall Gordon tucker be traded and go full rebuild.. that’s wishful thinking. If given minute, he can be a not bad top 100 but the hype is unreal 

at this point of the season, its hard to come up with a waiver wire steal, so it makes sense to take a swing on a high upside player. on the competitive leagues I play, people already made the speculative add. it makes sense, even more now with nwaba out for a while. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

25 minutes ago, MrBuffet said:

What are people reasonably expecting from him?

I picked him up last night. It seems smart to hold him during the week off rather than risk him getting sniped.

What can he do? He should be the backup PG as of March 11, getting 15-20 minutes. He WILL NOT be gifted more minutes, unless he produces. He has to show out in those minutes, which I think he can do. Then, you wait for either an Oladipo trade, or some other event.

Ideal situation is he backs up both guard spots, and is the scoring punch off the bench. But a few things have to break right first. 

Bottom line is there's a path, and that's all we need to put him into a streamer spot for the week. 

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, csklmf said:

Tucker should be bought out or traded 

Gordon should be traded

Oladipo should be traded.

Nwaba is out six weeks. 

Hopefully my wishful thinking is. Starting lineup should be.

Wall/KPJ/Tate/House/Wood

If they go full rebuild. 

11 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Tucker should be bought out or traded 

Gordon should be traded

Oladipo should be traded.

Nwaba is out six weeks. 

Hopefully my wishful thinking is. Starting lineup should be.

Wall/KPJ/Tate/House/Wood

If they go full rebuild. 

Eric Gordon's 32 yrs old is on a four year 75 million dollar contract. God if you think other teams were mismanaged, welcome to the Houston Rockets without James Harden. No one is gonna want this guy,

The future 3 main guards (without knowing what they draft next year) are going to be Wall, Gordon, and KPJ/or some other talent. Wall also has his 3rd year as a player option 🤮 (though to be fair Wall's contract is the same as Westbrook's). So in reality Houston's probably stuck with trying to win next year and doesn't HAVE to get rid of Gordon or maybe Tucker. 

Oladipo is definitely gone at this rate.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Eric Gordon's 32 yrs old is on a four year 75 million dollar contract. God if you think other teams were mismanaged, welcome to the Houston Rockets without James Harden. No one is gonna want this guy,

The future 3 main guards (without knowing what they draft next year) are going to be Wall, Gordon, and KPJ/or some other talent. Wall also has his 3rd year as a player option 🤮 (though to be fair Wall's contract is the same as Westbrook's). So in reality Houston's probably stuck with trying to win next year and doesn't HAVE to get rid of Gordon or maybe Tucker. 

Hey I somewhat agree, but however last season I didn’t expect a team to trade for Wall’s contract but here we are today with Wall a rocket!

12 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

This is where I’m at too. Even with Oladipo gone you are still going to have Wall, Wood, and Gordon commanding the majority of the touches. 

KPJ is shooting 30.6% from three and has a 7 to 5 assist to turnover ratio in the G league, so it’s not like he’s been a model of efficiency either. 

Could he be a hidden superstar in waiting? Maybe. But I’m not quite sold on the hype yet. He’s a good gamble but he is still a gamble.

• Like 1

I see it as Kevin Porter is now the back up pg. Porter starts in games wall sits out. Houston Keeps losing Wall sits out, Porter becomes the permanent starter. If Oladipo is traded there will be no true on ball creators outside of Wall and Porter. If Wall sits out, Porter gets the keys.

Woods an off ball player and gets his shots all within the offense.

Edited by indigorivers

It's a pure lotto ticket. We should not overthink it. No point speculating.

Just wait to see what happens and go from there.

• Like 2

It’s definitely worth a shot. I took him today and will give it a couple of weeks until the deadline. Houston is playing for nothing this season and there should be plenty of opportunity for him.

If you are even curious about his potential I don't see why you wouldn't pick him up right now.  The timeline aligns perfectly with our fantasy schedule with the G-League having playoffs during ASB, meaning we can hold him for free while no NBA games are being played.  The latest he'd be sticking around in the bubble would be March 11 when the championship game is played; if they get knocked out earlier he might get back to Houston earlier.

He might not immediately see game action, but I just figure if you have a guy at the end of your bench who is expendable and you see potential here it's worth taking a shot, especially with ASB making it so we aren't losing too much stashing him early.

• Like 3