NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin Porter Jr. 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This man is looking around at his teammates wondering if he ever left the G-League.

"When you add the math"   I think you meant "When you add the meth" after looking at this trade. 

Damn that’s a great trade for your opponent.   Fantasy theft is not a joke, Jim!

Posted Images

How can this not be viewed as anything other than great news, wow.  They are that excited to have him on the roster and don't even want him wasting time on the G-League playoffs, seemingly preferring to spend this off time getting him acclimated with the team.

Might not pay dividends immediately still, but my hype goes up.

• Like 2

Dropped Okoro for KPJ in my 14 team league. The news tells me they're ready to play him asap. I'm not expecting much tbh but a lot of things can change now to the trade deadline and more than likely the rockets will be having a firesale on their players. Tucker is the most likely to get dealt. Oladipo is more than likely to get dealt. Gordon will be more difficult due to his contract/years but who knows. I don't even think John Wall is safe if they can somehow unload his contract as well. I'm holding Tate as well. 

It can only be seen as great news. The Rockets value 2-3 practices over the week with the NBA team over his opportunity to play in the playoffs and risk an injury.

They've seen enough.

If you see any of the G-League video, it's clear he is an NBA player playing with scrubs. 

I love that he went there with something to prove, and proved it. 

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, Austin_Rivers said:

Dropped Okoro for KPJ in my 14 team league. The news tells me they're ready to play him asap. I'm not expecting much tbh but a lot of things can change now to the trade deadline and more than likely the rockets will be having a firesale on their players. Tucker is the most likely to get dealt. Oladipo is more than likely to get dealt. Gordon will be more difficult due to his contract/years but who knows. I don't even think John Wall is safe if they can somehow unload his contract as well. I'm holding Tate as well. 

I think John Wall is a piece to be dealt next year. There is still a chance he could be dealt this year but I think it's very unlikely. Who knows, someone might offer for him. 

Guys who are safe (but eligible to be traded) in Houston are Wood, Tate, KPJ. 

Next level down is Wall, Gordon (hard to trade) , House, Kuruc and KMJ (cheap contracts) 

Anyone else can go IMO

• Like 1

I watched some of his G League highlights and he certainly doesn’t belong there. He’s too good to be in the G League. He won’t be as effective in the NBA for sure but there’s a lot to be excited about. Certainly worth a flier. 

Just picked him up off the waivers after executing Tatum and PG13 for LeBron trade to make some room for him. Ill be in the topic REST OF THE SEASON BABY!

LESSGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, JormaJormala said:

Just picked him up off the waivers after executing Tatum and PG13 for LeBron trade to make some room for him. Ill be in the topic REST OF THE SEASON BABY!

LESSGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

We've got  spot in my league if you feel like donating us some money

1 minute ago, GuruPitka said:

We've got  spot in my league if you feel like donating us some money

Nah. Its just that I have so powerful team that I can show off a bit. Just wanted to get the best player (LeBron 110, Tatum 98, PG13 95) in and pick one more "hipster" player to my roster. When you add the math I would only need Porter to be 83 (+20 coming off the bench) to make even. And my team is just stacked, does not even matter. Loving the life this season! Having ALL THE HYPE PLAYERS! WOOO LESSSGOOOOOOOOO KP!!!!!

• Haha 4
4 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

Nah. Its just that I have so powerful team that I can show off a bit. Just wanted to get the best player (LeBron 110, Tatum 98, PG13 95) in and pick one more "hipster" player to my roster. When you add the math I would only need Porter to be 83 (+20 coming off the bench) to make even. And my team is just stacked, does not even matter. Loving the life this season! Having ALL THE HYPE PLAYERS! WOOO LESSSGOOOOOOOOO KP!!!!!

I feel like you were trying to defend yourself but this seems worse in light of that rationale. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
5 hours ago, mtx said:

Still available in all my leagues. I already have him in two. Looks like hes way overrated lol

Because he's available in a couple of your leagues he's overrated, before even getting on the court?  And how many teams are in these leagues/if you like him enough to pick him up in a couple why not in those?  Guessing there are fewer teams in those leagues, in which case it may be hard to make a case for dropping known commodities for him, which is completely understandable.

I actually had to drop a semi useful player for him and have a few guys on IL who will have to come off at some point and KPJ certainly isn't guaranteed a spot in the long term on my roster (14 teams.  I can understand if guys feel like they have better options in leagues with fewer teams).

But to say he's overrated when guys are just taking a flier at this point?  Huh?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, j3rkthenurk said:

"When you add the math"

I think you meant "When you add the meth" after looking at this trade. 

90+% of posters who talk about their teams and moves in Player Outlook threads (i.e. CSB posts) usually just reveal that they’re either in a taco league or that they’re bad fantasy managers.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, j3rkthenurk said:

"When you add the math"

I think you meant "When you add the meth" after looking at this trade. 

You just aren’t at a high enough level to understand this line of reasoning. His team is just so stacked that he’s just going away players... same reasoning Jeff Bezos and Musk give away all of their money... they’ve made so much already. 

• Haha 3

Per the Ringer, Golden State is interested in acquiring Oladipo. Great news for those of us holding Porter Jr.

The Warriors are interested in acquiring Victor Oladipo according to Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer. 

The Rockets are on a 13-game losing streak and Oladipo refused Houston's extension offer, so they likely want to flip him at the deadline as opposed to letting him walk for nothing this summer. It's hard to see the Warriors giving up Kelly Oubre for Oladipo with the way he's been playing lately, so Andrew Wiggins would likely be the player to move if the two sides agreed to a deal. However, nothing is imminent and it mostly sounds like Golden State is just doing their due diligence.