Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jacob deGrom 2021 Outlook


MonsterMan
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Overlord said:

FTFY

That Matt Harvey/Noah Syndergaard/ Jacob deGrom/Steven Matz/Zack Wheeler rotation feels like it happened twenty years ago. There's a line from "A History of Violence" that comes to mind...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, D3C4K said:

That Matt Harvey/Noah Syndergaard/ Jacob deGrom/Steven Matz/Zack Wheeler rotation feels like it happened twenty years ago. There's a line from "A History of Violence" that comes to mind...

I bet I know the one:

"A lot of great-looking women in the world. I never met one made me wanna give up all the others."

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Overlord said:

I bet I know the one:

"A lot of great-looking women in the world. I never met one made me wanna give up all the others."

Close...

A History of Violence (2005)

Edited by D3C4K
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/20/2021 at 3:48 PM, D3C4K said:

Mets' Steve Cohen on New Jacob deGrom Contract: 'I Don't Think It's the Right Moment'

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10006261

*sigh* This franchise, man.

Cohen is 100% correct. You don’t negotiate a contract in the middle of the season. Before deGrom signed his most recent extension he even said he didn’t want to negotiate in season and if they couldn’t get it done before the season started he was going to wait until after the season ended. 
Back on topic he made it through this start in one piece and even made a case for a gold glove. Probably won’t win it because he strikes too many people out. Has anyone ever won the mvp, Cy, silver slugger, and gold glove in one year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/22/2021 at 9:19 PM, ChrisChinMcCaffrey said:

Best pitcher in the mlb. He hasn't had a run like Kershaw did, at least not yet but if he continues to pitch like he is this will be the best season a pitcher has had.

Gibsons 1.12 era was over 304.2 innings 13 complete game shutouts and 28 complete games over all. deGrom might not pitch half that. How many 7th 8th and 9th innings does deGrom pitch?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ChrisChinMcCaffrey said:

If he continues to pitch like this. 

he is protecting his era by leaving games in the 3rd, 5th, innings frankly if he don't get in 200 innings he shouldnt quailify for the record. sort of like the batting champion has to get 502 abs or his ave don't count for the batting title.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mks said:

he is protecting his era by leaving games in the 3rd, 5th, innings frankly if he don't get in 200 innings he shouldnt quailify for the record. sort of like the batting champion has to get 502 abs or his ave don't count for the batting title.

Projected for 175ip. He is doing that. However they will still him the cy young if he does.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ChrisChinMcCaffrey said:

Projected for 175ip. He is doing that. However they will still him the cy young if he does.

Dude won't get 175 ip I bet the house on that. Fact is I could see him wussing out after 5 or 6 innings pitched in MOST of his starts as not to have to pitch to many fatigued innings over the 80 pitch mark. Frankly IMO If he can't go 200 ip at a 1.12 ERA its a asterisk  record. I mean he already got credit for a 3 inning start and 2 5 innings starts on his consecutive games with 1  run or less streak which is BS.The 3 inning game should have stopped that streak.

Edited by mks
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2021 at 8:54 AM, mks said:

he is protecting his era by leaving games in the 3rd, 5th, innings frankly if he don't get in 200 innings he shouldnt quailify for the record. sort of like the batting champion has to get 502 abs or his ave don't count for the batting title.

LOL.  He isn't personally protecting anything.  He is a PLAYER, not a MANAGER.  And basically all modern pitchers are being handled like this more and more so get used to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

LOL.  He isn't personally protecting anything.  He is a PLAYER, not a MANAGER.  And basically all modern pitchers are being handled like this more and more so get used to it.

deGrom has asked out of 2 games this yr already and has asked to be bumped back a few days a couple other times. Yes we live in the baby the pitchers era BUT its still on the pitcher to get out there and stop asking out of games early like the 3rd or 5th innings. Max Scherzer still out there in the 7th innings Degrom is in the shower by the 6th. They need to have a MIN innings pitched on a season era record and I say 200 innings sounds good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, mks said:

deGrom has asked out of 2 games this yr already and has asked to be bumped back a few days a couple other times. Yes we live in the baby the pitchers era BUT its still on the pitcher to get out there and stop asking out of games early like the 3rd or 5th innings. Max Scherzer still out there in the 7th innings Degrom is in the shower by the 6th. They need to have a MIN innings pitched on a season era record and I say 200 innings sounds good.

The Vent/Rant thread is your friend - please make use of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mks said:

deGrom has asked out of 2 games this yr already and has asked to be bumped back a few days a couple other times. Yes we live in the baby the pitchers era BUT its still on the pitcher to get out there and stop asking out of games early like the 3rd or 5th innings. Max Scherzer still out there in the 7th innings Degrom is in the shower by the 6th. They need to have a MIN innings pitched on a season era record and I say 200 innings sounds good.

If he was injured or feeling something not good in the arm or shoulder and didn't get out of the game he would be plain dumb.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, CuredMeats said:

Mets are saying there’s a chance he pitches a few innings on Sunday. 

I'd actually prefer they let him rest.  He's had some scares this year and a week off would be wise.  If I were him my next pitch would be the first game after the Allstar break.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...