Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jacob deGrom 2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The second doctor showing the Mets doctor how to read an MRI

My #1 pitcher going into 2019   My #1 pitcher going into 2020   My #1 pitching going into 2021    

Streaming the pitchers facing DeGrom is a legitimate strategy.

Posted Images

12 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

It's getting to the point where when he gives up hits and walks it's almost shocking.

For most pitchers 6 IP, 1 ER, 3 H, 1 BB, 9 Ks would be a great game, especially considering it came against one of the best offenses in baseball.  For Jacob deGrom, that outing was easily his worst game of the season statistically.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

scratched - lat issue. No idea how long he will be out, this start had been moved already. I don't think this is a new ailment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2021 at 8:34 AM, Hanghow said:

He's one of only twenty one pitchers with multiple Cy Youngs; seems like that stat should be factored into his HoF odds. Additionally, if he gets a third, which he was in the running for last year, it's malpractice to keep him out imo.

Johan Santana had 2 and should have had 3 and he was one and done on the ballot.  That guy can't get to the Veterans Committee fast enough, because it is ridiculous the way the voters did him.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 89Topps said:

Only SPs better who are not in the hall would be Jim McCormick, Schilling and Clemens.

I mean, this isn't true at all.

Maybe you meant SPs who aren't playing baseball anymore.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

The lat is back again it looks like:

Quote

Jacob deGrom was removed from Sunday's game against the Diamondbacks with right side tightness.

Oh no. During warmups before the sixth inning, Mets manager Luis Rojas and head athletic trainer Brian Chicklo went out to check on deGrom after the right-hander stopped throwing after two warm-up pitches. It was later confirmed deGrom left with right side tightness, which is the exact reason the Mets ace missed his last start before an MRI revealed lat inflammation. New York is stating that the early exit was for precautionary reasons, but it would be a big surprise if the multiple Cy Young award winner avoided the injured list. deGrom ended his afternoon Sunday allowing one run on one hit and three walks over five innings with six strikeouts. 

Source: David Lennon on Twitter                 May 9, 2021, 2:47 PM ET

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2021 at 12:57 AM, Fbaseballgod said:

I’m calling my shot that he gets injured this year.  I’ve always been really paranoid of Degrom getting TJ or something especially because he throws so hard and is on the Mets.  He keeps increasing in velocity and... it may be irrational, but I’m just worried.  This take could age horrifically 

hummm

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mks said:

hummm

With all due respect to fbg, predicting pitcher injuries is like predicting rain on an overcast day.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hanghow said:

With all due respect to fbg, predicting pitcher injuries is like predicting rain on an overcast day.

With how my fantasy season has gone so far, I’ll take my wins wherever I can get them lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course morosi followed that up with saying maybe a minumum IL stint. I don’t know, leaning towards benching in my weekly. It’s the Mets, either they’ll send him out to start all 5 games this week or just keep pushing his start back until June 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

18 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

Of course morosi followed that up with saying maybe a minumum IL stint. I don’t know, leaning towards benching in my weekly. It’s the Mets, either they’ll send him out to start all 5 games this week or just keep pushing his start back until June 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

Of course morosi followed that up with saying maybe a minumum IL stint. I don’t know, leaning towards benching in my weekly. It’s the Mets, either they’ll send him out to start all 5 games this week or just keep pushing his start back until June 

I think the positive is the results of testing indicate this isn't a long-term issue for deGrom - let's hope that's the case & if he misses a start or two, fantasy owners can rejoice.

Edited by IlliniGuy76
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

They should have just sent him for an MRI a week ago and avoided this whole situation. I believe they were listening to the player, and that's a delicate situation, but they pay his salary and should have just seen what's what. It's fair to be optimistic he'll be ok since this isn't an arm injury, but his overall volume was way down to begin with. Now they will be super cautious for the foreseeable future and that is going to hurt his value more than a little in comparison to the other top starters. Its a bummer because I was really thinking he was going to win 18-20 games this year at last. All the lack of run support he's had in his career is an anomaly, an improbability, of epic proportions. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

They should have just sent him for an MRI a week ago and avoided this whole situation. I believe they were listening to the player, and that's a delicate situation, but they pay his salary and should have just seen what's what. It's fair to be optimistic he'll be ok since this isn't an arm injury, but his overall volume was way down to begin with. Now they will be super cautious for the foreseeable future and that is going to hurt his value more than a little in comparison to the other top starters. Its a bummer because I was really thinking he was going to win 18-20 games this year at last. All the lack of run support he's had in his career is an anomaly, an improbability, of epic proportions. [...]

They actually DID give him an MRI last week that revealed some minor inflammation and why he was allowed to start yesterday.

https://sports.yahoo.com/jacob-de-grom-needs-another-mri-after-brief-return-from-lat-injury-222528955.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Met Snoesje GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

He's going to miss one singular start - I think that's the best news possible.

Great fantasy team name BTW:  Mr. Met Has Blue Balls

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

He's going to miss one singular start - I think that's the best news possible.

Great fantasy team name BTW:  Mr. Met Has Blue Balls

And the better news is in weeklys, you don't have to wonder.  He missed a start last week too, so 2 isn't ideal, but what can you do?  Hopefully he'll be Degrom again starting next week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, brockpapersizer said:

And the better news is in weeklys, you don't have to wonder.  He missed a start last week too, so 2 isn't ideal, but what can you do?  Hopefully he'll be Degrom again starting next week.

spacer.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Michael Bluth said:

Of course morosi followed that up with saying maybe a minumum IL stint. I don’t know, leaning towards benching in my weekly. It’s the Mets, either they’ll send him out to start all 5 games this week or just keep pushing his start back until June 

Obligatory, “it’s the Mets so he’s probably actually dying of dysentery” post.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...