NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jacob deGrom 2021 Outlook

On 6/12/2021 at 12:08 AM, Fbaseballgod said:

Hahahaha 

So DeGrom feels flexor tightness in the middle of the week, the Mets decide to let him pitch for some insane reason, he aggravates it in the 6th so much his velocity is down and he has to be taken out 

Now his flexor is even more aggravated (tendinitis is no joke even if mild), and the Mets are going to let him do his next start with no missed time.  Risking a flexor strain which often leads to TJ surgery.  And no, the fact that his tendinitis is in his hand does not mean anything; the flexor extends from the elbow to the hand so if his hand is hurting that’s still really bad news.

Incompetence, incompetence as far as the eye can see 

On 6/12/2021 at 1:24 PM, Fbaseballgod said:

Incompetence.  See you here within the month with the news of a flexor strain 

Lo and behold, Degrom injured again.  Who could have seen this coming.  Who could have imagined pitching through flexor tendinitis was a bad idea 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The second doctor showing the Mets doctor how to read an MRI

My #1 pitcher going into 2019   My #1 pitcher going into 2020   My #1 pitching going into 2021    

June 17, 2021 DeGrom is scheduled to undergo an MRI on his sore right shoulder Thursday, but he said after exiting his start in Wednesday's 6-3 win over the Cubs that he's "confident that this is

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Lo and behold, Degrom injured again.  Who could have seen this coming.  Who could have imagined pitching through flexor tendinitis was a bad idea 

...you?  Here to provide us all with a silver lining that your prediction was correct?  Really, you’re a Saint!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, BMcP said:

...you?  Here to provide us all with a silver lining that your prediction was correct?  Really, you’re a Saint!

Hey, I take no credit whatsoever!  People with no fantasy knowledge whatsoever could have made this “prediction”

DeGrom feels discomfort in his elbow

Mets "Let's pitch him what could go wrong?"

DeGrom leaves after 3 innings

Mets "LOL he's fine he can make his next start"

I hate this team

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Just now, Fbaseballgod said:

Hey, I take no credit whatsoever!  People with no fantasy knowledge whatsoever could have made this “prediction”

It’s pretty poor form to be quoting yourself to show everyone how right you are.  I guarantee you no one in the deGrom thread cares at all.  Like, in the slightest.  

• Like 4
Just now, BMcP said:

It’s pretty poor form to be quoting yourself to show everyone how right you are.  I guarantee you no one in the deGrom thread cares at all.  Like, in the slightest.  

Lol I’m not even the only one who made the prediction.  Literally half the thread did.  Trust me, I’m not getting any cred from anyone for this “prediction”

• Like 2

Lol I’m not even the only one who made the prediction.  Literally half the thread did.  Trust me, I’m not getting any cred from anyone for this “prediction”

Yeah I didn’t interpret your post as you patting yourself on your back at all.  I interpreted it as you making fun of the Mets being the Mets (which is a fairly frequent joke around here).

• Like 5
Just now, mehtavg2000 said:

Yeah I didn’t interpret your post as you patting yourself on your back at all.  I interpreted it as you making fun of the Mets being the Mets (which is a fairly frequent joke around here).

Yeah.  It was mostly an exasperated post lol

but this dude has literally disagreed with like half of my posts on here so I suspect he was ready to jump 🙄 

I have footage of you at home when you heard the latest deGrom update that says otherwise; all jokes aside everyone agrees this sucks.

Great Eating popcorn gifs on PandaGif | Best Eating popcorn gifs 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Any thoughts on how long he might be sidelined?

I'm thinking post ASB, at least.

1600 East First Street , Santa Ana, California 92701

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Any thoughts on how long he might be sidelined?

I would guess the range of outcomes is quite varied right now. I’m sure we’ll endure the dramatic wait for the MRI results next. 

• Thanks 1
Just now, Gandalfthecat said:

I would guess the range of outcomes is quite varied right now. I’m sure we’ll endure the dramatic wait for the MRI results next. 

“Results showed a slight tear in his shoulder.  Mets are confident he won’t miss his next start”

• Haha 2

I certainly don't give the Mets a pass, but DeGrom has to share some of the responsibility as well.  He should have just gone on the DL to let the inflammation subside.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Did you really just quote yourself, not once, but TWICE? And just to state the obvious? When literally every every single person who's read this thread assumed something like this would happen?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, cs3 said:

Did you really just quote yourself, not once, but TWICE? And just to state the obvious? When literally every every single person who's read this thread assumed something like this would happen?

We’ve been over this; take your outrage elsewhere 🙄