NBC Sports Edge Forums

Eugenio Suarez 2021 Outlook

13 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I just selfishly hope that he gets enough games at 3B to qualify there next year, lol. But I’ll appreciate the flexibility in 2021, even if I never use it. 

It's funny to think about how much of a big deal this would have been 10 years ago. These days it's just a slight boost for position eligibility because there's so much power depth at SS. I mean, even a guy like Gregorius has a shot at 30+ HRs.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hopefully they move him back to 3B permanently since the SS experiment has been a disaster on all fronts. Suarez can’t field or hit and India has been awful minus the first week. The downgrade offensi

Week 6 Stats: 0-14, 3Ks, 2 BB, 0 RBI, 0 Runs, 0 HR, 0 SB, 000/125/000  

Posted Images

I wonder how the power numbers may drop for MI's with a deader ball...If it's significant alot of these guys will return to pumpkins or not provide as much power as anticipated. Suarez is still as close to a lock for 30 hrs as you can get (given a normal season of PAs). That's looking really tasty at MI, especially if you can load up on other corner infielders.

• Like 2

Suarez has been a disaster defensively thus far (at this point I'm guessing he won't last at SS through the end of April, let alone the whole season), but for those of us in Yahoo leagues he'll gain SS eligibility for 2021 and 2022 today!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He’s got a lot of leash and I’m sure espn’ers are awaiting for those 10 day (this season) and 20 marks (for next season). Cin is 3-1 so far so I’m sure they aren’t stressing too much as Eugenio settles in...lol. In other words, #prayfor20

4 minutes ago, tucker26 said:

He’s got a lot of leash and I’m sure espn’ers are awaiting for those 10 day (this season) and 20 marks (for next season). Cin is 3-1 so far so I’m sure they aren’t stressing too much as Eugenio settles in...lol. In other words, #prayfor20

How hysterical would it be if he gets to nine games and Cincy pulls the plug on the experiment?  

7 minutes ago, Overlord said:

How hysterical would it be if he gets to nine games and Cincy pulls the plug on the experiment?  

If India keeps hitting , Im not sure how it would play out if they pull the plug. Maybe Votto loses PT?

6 minutes ago, RoadApple said:

If India keeps hitting , Im not sure how it would play out if they pull the plug. Maybe Votto loses PT?

The simplest solution is to have India move to SS, Suarez to 3B, and Moose to 2B ... but I have to assume that India isn't playing shortstop because he can't ... though that clearly didn't stop Cincy when it came to Suarez.  

If that doesn't work, I'm thinking benching Votto has to be the play.  He looks bad both offensively and defensively, and it's pretty worrying that he looked like he absolutely cranked a ball yesterday and it died ten to fifteen feet short of the wall.  He's selling out for power, he gets a hold of one, and it dies pre-warning track?  

The other option, of course, is to give Suarez a shot at breaking the infield error record.

Well FWIW Suarez made a nice play to end the game last night, though he did have his 3rd E earlier. India played some SS at Fla but not sure if they will give him a go there...he also has been awesome at 2B thus far, leading the league with 4 'great fielding plays' as defined by SIS (sports info solutions).

• 3 weeks later...

Abominable strikeout rate so far, 28Ks in 16 games. Haven't seen all that much, is he just trying to hit every ball 400 feet? 

Their lineup is good enough that he should just go back to the line drive hitter he was, no need to be this all or nothing guy he's becoming. At least he's taking walks, but in AVG leagues you have to be worried he could tank you there. I really think his RBI's will suffer with this approach too, only 5 so far.

Yeah, it would be sweet if he could hit the baseball with his bat. He took a fastball flat on the back of his hand about a week back so wondering if that's a mini-issue. His contact rates are well below even last years dip so those should stabilize at least back to that. Learning SS probably has taken it's share of focus as well so hopefully he settles into something more bearable. Hit the ball.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

image.png.5184ee8967fc5275429dca1b6da9243c.png

This is UGLY. At least he's walking. I spent a pretty high pick on him in a league that rewards power, and the SS eligibility is nice. He's been too good for too long, have to think he'll turn it around but he'll be my bench bat until he starts waking up. 

I cant believe how cold this guy is. Hitting .125 over four weeks. Roto players must be tearing their hair out. I just want him to heat up.

The bad new that Votto will be out a month is good news for Suarez owners maybe.  First game without Votto has Moustakis moving to 1B and Eugenio back at 3B.  Don't know if this will be a daily thing but without having to worry over playing SS poorly maybe Suarez can just relax again in the field and concentrate on his hitting again.

• Like 1

Hopefully they move him back to 3B permanently since the SS experiment has been a disaster on all fronts. Suarez can’t field or hit and India has been awful minus the first week. The downgrade offensively from India to Farmer is pretty negligible and the Reds would be smart to try to make Suarez comfortable so he can start hitting again. 

• Like 4
On 4/23/2021 at 11:08 PM, PhilsPhan90 said:

Is it bad to have more strikeouts than total bases? 

Gonna keep asking this until it’s no longer true. Still true 120 AB’s into the season. 

35 minutes ago, PhilsPhan90 said:

It’s May 16th and Suarez still has more K’s than total bases. 

Not in the games since he has returned to 3B.  That SS stuff was stupid.  Don't ever make him play there again where his fielding woes impacted his hitting.  Make it so!

6 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Not in the games since he has returned to 3B.  That SS stuff was stupid.  Don't ever make him play there again where his fielding woes impacted his hitting.  Make it so!

When did he move back so I can look at those metrics?