NBC Sports Edge Forums

7 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Even though Pujols's WAR total over the past four seasons is in the negative, Maddon will continue to trot Albert's corpse out there on a regular basis even though it is going to cost the Angels wins.  

I guarantee it.  

Well forgot in spring Pujold played DH when Ohtani did not

Is there a path to 450 AB's for Walsh?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very SSS, but had a breakout of sorts in 2020. I’m sure he’ll have to cede some 1B starts to Pujols, but if he can remotely keep it up in 2021, they’ll find a way to get him 500 ABs.  Pitcher Lis

Ok. Now he does. And now what? Can I breathe now?

Dude was perfect at the plate yesterday. 4-4, 2 hr, 3 rbis and a walk. He hasn’t cooled down much. Is this guy transforming into one of the better hitters? I am getting adrian gonzalez vibes now

9 minutes ago, rotoguy74 said:

Well forgot in spring Pujold played DH when Ohtani did not

Is there a path to 450 AB's for Walsh?

Oh, absolutely.

**Oh wait, do you mean in 2021?  Barring injury to Pujols, no.  

14 hours ago, Overlord said:

Oh, absolutely.

**Oh wait, do you mean in 2021?  Barring injury to Pujols, no.  

Dag gone Walsh looks good! Dropped him everywhere as my CI, have a feeling I am going to be sick all year

I think Maddon is not dumb of course and Walsh should start 5 times a week and even vs some lefties, no?

On 4/2/2021 at 6:51 PM, JCD said:

Talk was that Walsh was supposed to be mainly in RF this season with some 1b when Pujols sits, but for some reason it was Dexter Fowler out there, when Pujols was playing too.

On 4/2/2021 at 7:14 PM, Magoo said:

Don't hold your breath. . ..

But Walsh ain't playing RF.  

Ok.
Now he does.
And now what? Can I breathe now?

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, dod959 said:

Don't forget.. they also have nothing in RF. He's probably their best 1B and best RF. 

He’s the angels 1B of the future, but his versatility will allow the angels to keep his bat in the lineup more days than not.

Exciting stuff

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

Feels like Pujols is just a bench guy now with maybe just a start or two during the week.

Fowler just got carted off though. Can Walsh play right field occasionally until they call up Adell or Brandon Marsh?

14 minutes ago, ryno1980 said:

Fowler just got carted off though. Can Walsh play right field occasionally until they call up Adell or Brandon Marsh?

He played RF just a couple days ago, so yea.

22 minutes ago, ryno1980 said:

I don't follow service time that closely with these guys, but I would assume they just roll with Walsh for the time being until May/June to call either of those guys up.

Fowler might not even need a DL stint, but miss at least a few games.

Assuming LA is going to give Pujols some starts, I would start Walsh in RF and then shift him defensively to 1st base later in the game.

10 hours ago, Picard56 said:

Feels like Pujols is just a bench guy now with maybe just a start or two during the week.

If you wanted to try and create the absolute worst possible bench player you could, current Pujols might be it. Can't play any position other than 1B(even that is being generous), slow as Christmas, has been a below average hitter for almost half a decade, and makes 20M. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, mavsfan23 said:

If you wanted to try and create the absolute worst possible bench player you could, current Pujols might be it. Can't play any position other than 1B(even that is being generous), slow as Christmas, has been a below average hitter for almost half a decade, and makes 20M. 

Totally agree with you.  In fact he's actually making 30M this year, not 20M.  What a contract by the Angels.  Miguel Cabrera is vastly overpaid, but at least he had a few really good years for the Tigers.  Pujols never had even one year with the Angels as good as his worst year with the Cardinals.

On 4/10/2021 at 9:57 AM, Hellgrammite said:

Fowler might not even need a DL stint, but miss at least a few games.

Assuming LA is going to give Pujols some starts, I would start Walsh in RF and then shift him defensively to 1st base later in the game.

Post is almost a week old and hasn't been said yet. Fowler tore his acl and it seems like Walsh has become the everyday RF since then.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Dude was perfect at the plate yesterday. 4-4, 2 hr, 3 rbis and a walk. He hasn’t cooled down much. Is this guy transforming into one of the better hitters? I am getting adrian gonzalez vibes now

• Like 2

Walsh has played in 28 games and no one on the team has played more then 29. He was already an everyday player.

So, cool story?

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

Walsh has played in 28 games and no one on the team has played more then 29. He was already an everyday player.

So, cool story?

I didn't realize that if someone played 28 out of 29 games they couldn't be annoyed at a sub-WAR player squawking for their playing time, or heck, how about just being annoyed at a sub-WAR player still being on the roster year after year?   Wasn't Walsh getting pushed to the outfield on a regular basis to make room for Pujols's carcass?  There's more to baseball than just getting your at-bats, you also maybe don't want to risk injury playing out of position.  

I mean, I'm not on the Angels and my immediate reaction was "f***ing finally," so I can't imagine how relieved the players must be.  

Definitely a cool story, bro.  

Edited by Overlord
  • Like 1