NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dinelson Lamet 2021 Outlook

23 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

Supposedly he is day to day. Are the Padres BSing us, though?

They are 100% BSing us - you don't rehab all offseason, avoiding TJS instead opting for platelet rich injection to come back and toss 29 pitches to have a foreboding forearm strain & say you'll be back in the near future.

• Like 1
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Padres Doctor

Good plan. It’s called Relief Pitcher.

44 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

Supposedly he is day to day. Are the Padres BSing us, though?

If he is day to day, expect them to sit him for another month, and expect his inning limit to be 50 this year (out of the bullpen)

22 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

They are 100% BSing us - you don't rehab all offseason, avoiding TJS instead opting for platelet rich injection to come back and toss 29 pitches to have a foreboding forearm strain & say you'll be back in the near future.

All their players are day to day. Even Tatis Jr is day to day. I wouldn't take the Padres seriously. 😂

Lamet can have a broken arm and still be consider day to day. 

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, acunajrmvp said:

All their players are day to day. Even Tatis Jr is day to day. I wouldn't take the Padres seriously. 😂

They saving lamet for the 16 games against the dodgers!!

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Mikewastaken said:

He will then continue to be DTD for approximately the next 11-12 months.

At least I will have dropped him long before then lol. This dude's starting days are over.

1 TJS already, an elbow strain (ie partial tear this offseason) and forearm tightness today. Feels like the writing is on the wall here. 

Is it just me or did the Padres hire the former Mets team doctor - seems like they are being hyper aggressive with young talented players and exposing them and their careers to long term damage. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

He looks like a lost cause for redraft. What about in dynasty/keeper formats? We know the upside but he just can't stay on the field.

I'm waiting on the TJS announcement so I can cut bait in my dynasty league.

What a glorious 2 innings.

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, acunajrmvp said:

in the grand scheme of everything aren’t we all kind of day to day?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

As always, safe to assume anything to do with the forearm is a harbinger that amputation is nigh.  It's been real, it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun.

11 hours ago, Ace_King said:

He looks like a lost cause for redraft. What about in dynasty/keeper formats? We know the upside but he just can't stay on the field.

If it’s announced he’s getting TJ at least we know his timeline, I think he’s worth an IL spot for the year if he’s due back for half a season next year.  I could see him still being worth a top 200-250 spot going into 2022

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TribeFoo said:

If he continues as a starter (a big question after 2 TJs), I can't imagine that happens before 2023.

id say if he gets that 2nd TJ, his best case is a closer where he would be unhittable (assuming recovery)

I dont think he goes 5+ ever again and that sucks dude was legit

15 hours ago, Ace_King said:

I considered him a future high leverage or closer before the injury because of the concern to stay healthy when throwing his slider so frequently. 

Would a possible mechanical change help him stay healthier with his slider or does the pitch put that much strain on an arm if thrown alot?

Lots of gloom and doom in here. 2 TJs isn't a death sentence. Jameson Taillon off the top of my head is still starting. He's had a rough start so far, but I think he'll be fine long term.

Lots of scenarios can play out and nothing is certain in any regard.

1 hour ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Lots of gloom and doom in here. 2 TJs isn't a death sentence. Jameson Taillon off the top of my head is still starting. He's had a rough start so far, but I think he'll be fine long term.

Lots of scenarios can play out and nothing is certain in any regard.

Beachy, Capuano, Collins, Gagne, Hanrahan, Hudson, Isringhausen, Josh Johnson, Kuo, Medlen, Nathan, Parker, Soria, Taillon, Venters, Zambrano have had at least 2 TJs.

It's not a death sentence, but it ain't good.

Edited by itaos
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, itaos said:

Beachy, Capuano, Collins, Gagne, Hanrahan, Hudson, Isringhausen, Josh Johnson, Kuo, Medlen, Nathan, Parker, Soria, Taillon, Venters, Zambrano have had at least 2 TJs.

It's not a death sentence, but it ain't good.

And only two of them are still in the league smh.

36 minutes ago, swingbatter said:

So now I have to hold onto this turd for longer?  Or safe to drop?

I wouldn't drop until I get more information.

• Like 1

It is possible they are formulating some other plan to bring him back as a reliever later this year, but I can't imagine he's going to be an asset in any way to mixed league managers. All the upside in the world doesn't matter if you can't get/stay on the field, as Ohtani owners will tell you.

• Like 1