Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Dinelson Lamet 2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

RotoWire now has Lamet starting tomorrow against PIT, which means I’ll be a total sucker and start him for however many dozens of pitches he manages to throw.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

Anyone here have any faith that he can be the real Dinelson Lamet for us this year? Any reason for optimism or is being a realist likely that he’s gonna have TJ

I dropped instantly in Dynasty, painful as that may be. Not if but when IMHO he visits Dr. Andrews. (I'd say that SD is just refusing to accept reality given his treatment plan he was on, and realizes if TJ is immanent, no big harm in letting him blow that elbow out fully.)

What I don't want to see is a Doug Drabek moment... that still haunts my memories all these years later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LarryChip10 said:

I dropped instantly in Dynasty, painful as that may be. Not if but when IMHO he visits Dr. Andrews. (I'd say that SD is just refusing to accept reality given his treatment plan he was on, and realizes if TJ is immanent, no big harm in letting him blow that elbow out fully.)

What I don't want to see is a Doug Drabek moment... that still haunts my memories all these years later.

Tom Browning of the Padres is mine. Didn't see it happen but it has just stayed in my mind. Just looked it up and found it hard to believe it happened in 1994

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Low and Away said:

Tom Browning of the Padres is mine. Didn't see it happen but it has just stayed in my mind. Just looked it up and found it hard to believe it happened in 1994

Dave Dravaecky

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was going to draft Lamet, but had to remind myself that I stopped believing in Santa Claus over 5 decades ago...

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Not even going to activate him from my IL spot, same as last time.

Let's see if he can channel his inner Tanaka and push through the injury.

 

 

Edited by itaos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/2/2021 at 11:10 AM, TribeFoo said:

RotoWire now has Lamet starting tomorrow against PIT, which means I’ll be a total sucker and start him for however many dozens of pitches he manages to throw.

"Dozens", as in plural?  You're being generous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, David Aames said:

went from 94 mph  in 1st inning to 90 mph 2nd inning. What do we make of this? Still injured? 

Nothing has really changed since last season from what's been out out there. Either he can manage to pitch with his UCL as it is or go under the knife. Not great tonight, but technically it could have been worse.

 

So, still injured.

Edited by itaos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Folks need to remember a few things about Lamet:

1.  The Padres have given him multiple MRI's of his elbow - they 100% know what structurally is wrong with his arm and have given him options for treatment/surgery.  In fact, the very reason he was on the mound yesterday was the club coming out & saying nothing in his MRI's have changed (they didn't even give him one this last incident).

2.  This truly comes down to the PLAYER making the decision to continue pitching; nothing more nothing less.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

All I know is he pitched last night after all these people have determined unequivocally that wasn't going to happen and he needed TJ after his last start, so forgive me if I take all y'alls negative opinions about his medical condition with a grain of salt.

I say let's just cool it on the feelings of needing to be right on the internet, or psychological buffering for a potentially negative outcome and reverse jinxing or whatever it is with this dude and let's just see what happens.  According to y'all we're playing with house money on him anyway because he was already supposed to be done for the year.

Edited by JE7HorseGod
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

All I know is he pitched last night after all these people have determined unequivocally that wasn't going to happen and he needed TJ after his last start, so forgive me if I take all y'alls negative opinions about his medical condition with a grain of salt.

I say let's just cool it on the feelings of needing to be right on the internet, or psychological buffering for a potentially negative outcome and reverse jinxing or whatever it is with this dude and let's just see what happens.  According to y'all we're playing with house money on him anyway because he was already supposed to be done for the year.

1.  We ARE playing with house money

2.  I think it's very apparent he has a UCL issue he's attempting to pitch through - even though (educated guess here) the team has advised him for another TJ surgery.  

3.  The team has seen him in MULTIPLE bullpen sessions/live and know what they have.  Last night his velocity went from 94 to 90 with his fastball between the first and second inning.

Should be interesting to see how it plays out!

Edited by IlliniGuy76
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel like if Dinelson spelled his last name with a "n" it would be a more accurate representation about how all of us are going to feel for drafting him this season. That is my deep diving analysis. 

la·ment
/ləˈment/
 
noun
 
  1. a passionate expression of grief or sorrow.
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...