NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nickeil Alexander-Walker 2020-2021 Outlook

Deep league target, that's fine.

But considering how bad Bledsoe is playing, I wouldn't be shocked to see him taking some starts. His shooting selection looks trending in a good direction, plus he can delivers steals and some blocks. 

Definitely in my watchlist. What do you think guys? 

Edited by Amendola96
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would love for the Pels to put out an announcement about Bledsoe similar to what OKC did regarding Horford. 

Are you the one starting these rumors?

Last year he averaged 2.8 threes, 16.3 points, 5.1 rebounds, 5.4 assists, and 0.5 blocks per 36 minutes... as a rookie. He averaged 2.0 steals per 36 minutes in his final season at VT and is averaging

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Huge game tonight, but a bunch of starters were out. Any chance he can carve out a consistent role or is it back to irrelevance for him once Bledsoe, Ball and adams are back? 

2 minutes ago, bballmaster said:

I think he can carve a 6th man role with 20-25 minutes from today's showing.

I do not think that he can do that.

• Like 3

Maybe he stays hot for the few games while Bledsoe is out, and if Ball's weird injury keeps him out longer. Not a bad streamer option also if Zion is out (COVID protocols) since he obviously gobbled up touches & shot attempts. Streamer option which is fine.

Long shot on this, but maybe it changes the mindset of the coaching staff/front office about what his role should be going forward and they consider giving him significantly more time, or perhaps moving on from Ball at some point.  That seems to be the hope of fans on the Pelicans subreddit anyway.

If you have a streamer spot he's probably worth taking a flier on at least until the starters all come back.

5 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Long shot on this, but maybe it changes the mindset of the coaching staff/front office about what his role should be going forward and they consider giving him significantly more time, or perhaps moving on from Ball at some point.  That seems to be the hope of fans on the Pelicans subreddit anyway.

If you have a streamer spot he's probably worth taking a flier on at least until the starters all come back.

Agreed. The silver lining with covid, it exposes all the diamonds in the roughs. He could be one of them.

• Like 2

He is a really good player but needs time to figure out in the NBA. He's not playing much right now because they want to fit JJ as a spacer and they have Bledsoe as a vet shooting guard.

NAW can be that shooting guard of the future and that play in between a JJ and Bledsoe, especially if they are injured. There's no clear pathway for him to do so outside of injuries.

major upside potential (alexanders are real ballers, canada has another great one tbh, i dont understand why these guys dont play for team canada, they have a bunch of nba talent and thru years could probably threat USA on that gold medal) but no path to major minutes right now

bledsoe&zo obviously dont work

one needs to be relegated to the bench and i think that should be bledsoe, zo needs the ball to create cause thats his game

now either slide JJ back into the starting role or try and develop NAW in case Zo leaves in the summer

Pels can be in contention for the playoffs but they need to take this season to develop some of these picks even more

• Like 3

JJ is seriously washed, I don’t understand why SVG still gives him bulk minutes.  IMO the best solution is to delegate Bledsoe to the bench as the 6th man and drop jj out of rotation.  He is old and washed and should not hinder the development of the young players in the team.

I stopped believing the Pels will shift their rotation into what we'd like to see. Dude gets buckets because he isn't afraid to fire away every single chance he gets, but last season he had a sprinkle of good 20+ point games before getting relegated back to the bench for sub 15 minutes. I kept hoping they'd start him, but instead we saw more e'tawan Moore and Kenrich Williams. Hope he does get his shot, but maybe next week because I'm out of moves haha

I’m reallly close to thinking he’s breaking out. Got the start over Bledsoe and is playing with a ton of confidence- 5 points a board and an assist in his first 3 minutes.

if he’s still available, scoop!

• Like 1
On 1/14/2021 at 6:49 PM, PascalSiakam said:

JJ is seriously washed, I don’t understand why SVG still gives him bulk minutes.  IMO the best solution is to delegate Bledsoe to the bench as the 6th man and drop jj out of rotation.  He is old and washed and should not hinder the development of the young players in the team.

Yeah JJ looks finished those side away threes not falling anymore 

I've seen enough for now. In the 2nd quarter, he had two TOs in a row bouncing the ball off of Schroeder's foot while trying to do a simple bounce pass. Two fouls in the first quarter as well is a headscratcher. If a great game from him consists of having 1 assist and 37 points with no Zion, Bledsoe & Ball, and a poor game looks like whatever he has at the end of this game playing next to Zion and Bledsoe, I don't think the fantasy numbers will be there consistently for him. Maybe if Bledsoe is shipped out but I think it's safe to say we were swayed by that one game at that moment in time.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

I've seen enough for now. In the 2nd quarter, he had two TOs in a row bouncing the ball off of Schroeder's foot while trying to do a simple bounce pass. Two fouls in the first quarter as well is a headscratcher. If a great game from him consists of having 1 assist and 37 points with no Zion, Bledsoe & Ball, and a poor game looks like whatever he has at the end of this game playing next to Zion and Bledsoe, I don't think the fantasy numbers will be there consistently for him. Maybe if Bledsoe is shipped out but I think it's safe to say we were swayed by that one game at that moment in time.

In fact the whole team plays like **** except Zion and BI.  This team is hopeless this season and should start to tank.

Edited by PascalSiakam

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think this guy is going to have better days, even when Ball is back, and I'm holding until at least then in a 14 teamer.  This team is desperate for playmakers or at least guys who can get their own shot, and they might have to use him more to make life easier for Zion and Ingram.  I get the feeling that SVG wants it to work out with this guy and he was extremely frustrated with Walker's foul troubles.  Fans on the subreddit seem to think Bledsoe isn't being used enough for this playmaking ability and that SVG may be better off playing NAW alongside Ball to have better spacing/shooting, especially with JJ apparently looking like a shell of himself right now.

Not sure what to expect stat wise, but I think he will play into the rotation more than some may think, and while I don't expect more 30+ point games I think he'll have some good days.  Things are still very fluid with the rotations I think, so hopefully NAW can show something again sooner rather than later.  And yeah I know, the turnovers were ugly tonight as well.

• Like 1

Dirty secret about Bledsoe....he doesn’t have play making abilities. He doesn’t create for others and he is too small and slow to create for himself. Bledsoe is one of the most overrated players in the nba right now.  Don’t know if NAW is the answer but Bledsoe is not a good basketball player.