NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nickeil Alexander-Walker 2020-2021 Outlook

Nothing to see here fantasy wise.  -per rotoworld blurb. 

• Haha 3
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would love for the Pels to put out an announcement about Bledsoe similar to what OKC did regarding Horford. 

Are you the one starting these rumors?

Last year he averaged 2.8 threes, 16.3 points, 5.1 rebounds, 5.4 assists, and 0.5 blocks per 36 minutes... as a rookie. He averaged 2.0 steals per 36 minutes in his final season at VT and is averaging

Posted Images

On 1/16/2021 at 4:04 AM, GJDHouse said:

Dirty secret about Bledsoe....he doesn’t have play making abilities. He doesn’t create for others and he is too small and slow to create for himself. Bledsoe is one of the most overrated players in the nba right now.  Don’t know if NAW is the answer but Bledsoe is not a good basketball player. 

Well, he’s been playing the 2 alongside Lonzo (and looking decent doing it, lost nights).  NOR didn’t bring him in to be their 6th man, so it would surprise me to see NAW’s unleashing come any time soon this season unless Ball’s relegated to the 2nd unit which is the more likely scenario, imo.  

lets see how hell do tonight if both Lonzo and Eric play...SVG is a too old school type of a coach to make the necessary change to the lineup

26 minutes ago, reverb said:

Welllll, Lonzo is starting but with a minutes restriction. Bledsoe back also. Let's see how NAW does.

today probably is the last day I’ll keep NAW.  Estimation of today: 20 mins, 6 pts, 2 Reb, 2 asst, 1 stl, 1 three 

1 minute ago, 12345game10 said:

It looks SVG is trying to play him a lot tbh

yeah seems like they gave him green light to shoot....but didnt really take advantage of it, i really felt if he did well today, SVG would give him a lot longer leash and more min

Just doesnt pass the eye test for me. Bad basketball iq, average shooter, meh defense, not a stand out athlete. The only positive i see (as a points league guy) is that he likes to chuck

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Just doesnt pass the eye test for me. Bad basketball iq, average shooter, meh defense, not a stand out athlete. The only positive i see (as a points league guy) is that he likes to chuck

Can't disagree too much.  I think he's a talented iso ball, one on one type of player, not a great team player court awareness wise.  Could have nights where he scores a lot but it requires him doing a lot of dribbling around.  Not really sure what to expect upside wise and feel like I'm still dwelling on his one blowup game.

Yeah since the Lakers game he's played OK. Didn't commit silly fouls or make silly defensive mistakes (had to play zone and ran to his positions properly). 

SVG is looking to try things since record is slipping. He is probably going to keep Naw in the lineup if he is hot, cause they are desperate to win games now but running out of ideas. 

Interesting to see him get 30+mpg again even with Ball back in the rotation. It definitely feels like SVG likes him but I'd need to see better consistency and across the board stats when his shot is struggling. 

3 hours ago, tazdingo said:

Interesting to see him get 30+mpg again even with Ball back in the rotation. It definitely feels like SVG likes him but I'd need to see better consistency and across the board stats when his shot is struggling. 

I think the minutes had more to do with the game being a blow out.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

I think the minutes had more to do with the game being a blow out.

They had the starters on until late. SVG looked like he was tired of the losing, put rotation guys out there to see what they can do. 

14 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Time to push this thread to the top. Sounds like he is in NOP long term plans.

What do you guys think so far?

you'll have to be patient with a lot of middling games for a HOPE of a trade, his value in keeper and dynasty leagues does go up though. 

At first I thought he should be a must add because of the likely starter promotion, but I've changed my mind a bit. He's definitely a speculative add if you have room on your bench tho.

2 hours ago, rob0403 said:

If it helps your decision making, he had a high steal rate in college. Pretty decent steal rate in the NBA too. 

Unless they just bench redick until he is traded he still isnt getting good minutes.  Watch list but I wouldn't pounce unless a trade was imminent or heating up.  This is advice for standards obviously.