NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jeremy Lamb 2020-2021 Outlook

On 1/17/2021 at 8:36 PM, kane said:

That's a reasonable thing to say but then, but he was also super high on Nurk which really blew up in a lot of owners' faces this year lol.

I'd be willing to risk it given the potential value he can give later in the season as long as the roster can accommodate him tbh.

• Like 1
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jeremy Lamb hit 7-of-12 shots, three 3-pointers and 5-of-5 free throws for 22 points, seven rebounds, two assists and a steal in 33 minutes off the bench in Monday's 129-114 win over the Raptors.

tbh i just think we're lucky to have had 2 points rather then 0 and sitting out. I feel 9/10 players coming back from what he has come back from wouldn't be playing B2B or would still be limited. So i

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, thornton1986 said:

Questionable tomorrow! Normally I wouldn’t be high on him but he’s walking into a huge opportunity with LeVert out and Dipo gone. Might be a slow ramp up but he’s always put up good fantasy numbers when given the minutes

I am very closely monitoring him, I hope he balls out this season 

3 minutes ago, m1dday said:

That's a reasonable thing to say but then, but he was also super high on Nurk which really blew up in a lot of owners' faces this year lol.

I'd be willing to risk it given the potential value he can give later in the season as long as the roster can accommodate him tbh.

I'm pretty sure we can look at him liking nurk and this as isolated cases. With levert out lamb might be able to start once hes up to speed until Warren's back. I have questions about if they go with they'll go with the holidays

Edited by indigorivers
Just now, indigorivers said:

I'm pretty sure we can look at him liking nurk and this as isolated cases.

Oh totally - just meant the unpredictable nature of fantasy vs. Josh's takes (which are all reasonable). Lamb's on a lot of waiver wires anyway.

n his past

1 minute ago, Nica4two said:

Whaaa? Must own in 10-team leagues? I'm gonna need some more convincing here.

In his past he was almost a top 50 player. I think he was rank 54 in 9 cat in 2018-2019 season and last season he was coming off the bench and then got injured. If he gets the starting position and starting minutes, he will forsure be a killer for the time being. He is still only 28 so he should technically be around his prime right now, just depends on how his recovery went.

• Like 2

In standards leagues I think you have to make a move for him now or at least this week.  Sure he's going to be a slow burn but even with the precautionary measures his upside is hard to find on the wire around this point in the season.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

In standards leagues I think you have to make a move for him now or at least this week.  Sure he's going to be a slow burn but even with the precautionary measures his upside is hard to find on the wire around this point in the season.

Exactly, at this point I think its better to just grab him now and just see how it plays out. Hes been doing full practices for at least a week now so his conditioning wont be terrible. Might as well take chance than wait it out to see how looks and regret him being scooped by another team

at the least, if warren and levert come back this season, he's their 6th man. that's a floor of 24 mpg (his stats in the 17-18 season were he averaged 24mpg were just slightly lower than his 18-19 season).

at most, he can average 28-33 mpg this season if either warren or levert come back. Could be a career year for him if that happens

He can produce, has history of doing it occasionally. The opportunity is there. But the injury he is coming back just does not make him interesting. Our league is "snooze you lose" so it is really about taking him now or not taking him at all. I will let someone else figure out if he is back 100% or when he could be on that level. Definitely a player you should consider if struggling with your end of the bench guys. 

6 hours ago, indigorivers said:

I'm pretty sure we can look at him liking nurk and this as isolated cases. With levert out lamb might be able to start once hes up to speed until Warren's back. I have questions about if they go with they'll go with the holidays

Ha, ha just have to comment on this Lloyd worshiping. The guy has an amazing site, but his predictions are worse than ok. Let's dissect his last fantasy mock draft 9cats 12 teamer, 1st pick.
1. Harden - reasonable, but he probably ended up hurting you these first 4 weeks
2. Westbrook - terrible pick
3. Zack Lavine -  great pick, especially due to punting TO
4. Hayward - solid pick, he is great right now but he'll drop a few places when his steals go down
5. Valanciunas - an ok pick
So far so good, decent first 5 picks, Westbrook is a miss, Harden situation was unlucky everyone else is good. But now is when the hell begins.
6. Coby White - Why? Waste of an 6th pick, picked him over Sexton, just laughable. 
7. Bryant - good pick, unlucky
8. Steven Adams - solid 8th round pick, but terrible with this team that was already close to punting FG%. Bad FT doesn't help, surely there was something better.
9. Kilian Hayes - again, Why? waste of an 9th pick.
10. Bogdan Bogdanovic - to early, bad pick
11. Gallinari - overall an ok pick, injury prone, unlucky so far
12. Harris - decent pick, good so far
13. Okoro - last pick it doesn't matter

He is supposed to be a fantasy expert, with this team even in semi-competitive league you are almost guaranteed to finish near the bottom. What are his good categories here? 
6 decent players everyone else waiver fodder. 

Nurkic thing happens every year multiple times. Last year same thing was with Zion. Both completely unreasonable picks. He'll end up hurting you more than he'll end up helping you given his "I know best" attitude. 

As for Lamb, if you are at the safe spot or if you drafted terribly as Josh did then he is worth a look. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

Ha, ha just have to comment on this Lloyd worshiping. The guy has an amazing site, but his predictions are worse than ok. Let's dissect his last fantasy mock draft 9cats 12 teamer, 1st pick.

I'm not even here to worship the guy. he's convinced me to drop a ton of guys who broke out the next week or so. I just thought it was an unfair jab considering the logic is sound.

Also that was a terrible draft. You'd have to make the rest of the team up on the wire

Edited by indigorivers
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

1. Harden - reasonable, but he probably ended up hurting you these first 4 weeks
2. Westbrook - terrible pick
3. Zack Lavine -  great pick, especially due to punting TO
4. Hayward - solid pick, he is great right now but he'll drop a few places when his steals go down
5. Valanciunas - an ok pick
So far so good, decent first 5 picks, Westbrook is a miss, Harden situation was unlucky everyone else is good. But now is when the hell begins.
6. Coby White - Why? Waste of an 6th pick, picked him over Sexton, just laughable. 
7. Bryant - good pick, unlucky
8. Steven Adams - solid 8th round pick, but terrible with this team that was already close to punting FG%. Bad FT doesn't help, surely there was something better.
9. Kilian Hayes - again, Why? waste of an 9th pick.
10. Bogdan Bogdanovic - to early, bad pick
11. Gallinari - overall an ok pick, injury prone, unlucky so far
12. Harris - decent pick, good so far
13. Okoro - last pick it doesn't matter

He is supposed to be a fantasy expert, with this team even in semi-competitive league you are almost guaranteed to finish near the bottom. What are his good categories here? 
6 decent players everyone else waiver fodder. 

Nurkic thing happens every year multiple times. Last year same thing was with Zion. Both completely unreasonable picks. He'll end up hurting you more than he'll end up helping you given his "I know best" attitude. 

As for Lamb, if you are at the safe spot or if you drafted terribly as Josh did then he is worth a look. 

Everyone's an expert from their momma's basement 😂

• Haha 3

HUGE opportunity here. No Dipo, No LeVert, no Turner, No TJ Warren....

Next to Sabonis and Brogdan, he's their best overall option. Just gotta stay patient for a couple of weeks to get back into game speed. 

Not expecting much early on.  The guy hasn’t seen game action in nearly a year, so expecting light minutes for at least the first week or so. With the Pacers being so thin I’ll be holding for the next few weeks to see how he’s doing once he’s more up-to-speed.