NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jeremy Lamb 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jeremy Lamb hit 7-of-12 shots, three 3-pointers and 5-of-5 free throws for 22 points, seven rebounds, two assists and a steal in 33 minutes off the bench in Monday's 129-114 win over the Raptors.

tbh i just think we're lucky to have had 2 points rather then 0 and sitting out. I feel 9/10 players coming back from what he has come back from wouldn't be playing B2B or would still be limited. So i

Posted Images

Lamb has been a gem for anybody who claimed him when he returned. Nice volume stats, especially with nearly 1 block and steal per game, but the efficiency has been outstanding - .514% FG, .952% FT, and barely 1 TO. 

I'm enjoying the ride but I am skeptical about whether he can maintain those percentages long term. 

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

Lamb has been a gem for anybody who claimed him when he returned. Nice volume stats, especially with nearly 1 block and steal per game, but the efficiency has been outstanding - .514% FG, .952% FT, and barely 1 TO. 

I'm enjoying the ride but I am skeptical about whether he can maintain those percentages long term. 

Probably not but he has been an efficient player for years, his career slashes (44.5%/34.2%/85.4%)

He also had similar stretches last season:

November:

image.png.d04c2fd99d2e803379802a748c6d9f31.png

January: 

image.png.cfb7c6b6dd35d8214f95a845c05ebd66.png

I think 44-46% fg is possible with 85-88% FT (1.7 3s/13-15 points/4.5 boards/2 assists/1 steal/0.6 blocks)

Jordan Clarkson of the East

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Probably not but he has been an efficient player for years, his career slashes (44.5%/34.2%/85.4%)

You're right. I looked at his career stats before I posted. Those career % numbers are certainly fine, but they would be a somewhat significant step down for fantasy purposes in comparison to his current 8 game stretch. 

All in all, I'd be fine with percentages in the mid 40's and 80's for FG and FT respectively, but those elite slashes are what has him on the verge of top-60 in 9-cat and I'm thinking that this is probably his ceiling. 

8 minutes ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

You're right. I looked at his career stats before I posted. Those career % numbers are certainly fine, but they would be a somewhat significant step down for fantasy purposes in comparison to his current 8 game stretch. 

All in all, I'd be fine with percentages in the mid 40's and 80's for FG and FT respectively, but those elite slashes are what has him on the verge of top-60 in 9-cat and I'm thinking that this is probably his ceiling. 

It's his ceiling efficiency-wise, but I still think he has more to offer with volume. He's still getting eased back in playing 26 MPG. I can see him getting more PT and a higher usage if he keeps playing this well.. closer to the role they had for Oladipo/what they had planned for Levert. He's clearly their best wing player on a team where that's been a high-impact role in the past (although usage upticks for Brogdon/Sabonis make it a little less certain).

The Pacers offense is very predictable. It's literally a 2 man game between Brogdon and Sabonis. Very rarely that anybody else gets enough shot attempts.

1 minute ago, EsTiLO said:

The Pacers offense is very predictable. It's literally a 2 man game between Brogdon and Sabonis. Very rarely that anybody else gets enough shot attempts.

Coach ought to be fired.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Coach ought to be fired.

He needs to add more wrinkles into his offense. Lamb is going to definitely be inconsistent due to Brogdon and Sabonis hogging the ball every time down the court.

Edited by EsTiLO

tbh i just think we're lucky to have had 2 points rather then 0 and sitting out. I feel 9/10 players coming back from what he has come back from wouldn't be playing B2B or would still be limited. So i think its been awesome to see his workload so far since his return

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Austin_Rivers said:

So underrated. This guy is seriously the Middle-Poor man's version of KD. Beautiful efficiency with an all around game and those stocks. 

He is a fine addition to my efficiency collection of KD, Kawhi, Brog..

1 minute ago, rocky7st said:

I'm not watching it but Lamb didn't comeback for the 4th! He didn't even bring back his other 2 stars, strange coaching

The 2nd unit pulled them out of the hole they were in so the coach was just riding them the whole quarter. Pretty entertaining actually, their B unit was outcompeting NOP's starters. Mcbuckets, Mcconnell and the Holidays were hot.

• Thanks 2